Great lapel width and height. Brands should take note.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2451post #36751 of 787199/30/12 at 8:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36752 of 787199/30/12 at 8:40ampost #36753 of 787199/30/12 at 8:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Shoes, I get (still gonna get worn a lot. I'm surprised nobody has compared them to bowling shoes). Shirt not being rough enough to go with jeans, I get. Not wearing a tie with jeans, I get.
Don't wear a tie without a jacket, I can sort of see. But I don't think I'll look like a cellphone salesperson if the shirt and tie are nice enough. Be that as it may, I don't understand the disapproval of rolled up sleeves. I think it creates better lines and broadens the chest when you roll them up. Pretty sure I'm not going to change my mind about this, but I'd love to hear the other side.
The pocket square...I'm not sure anyone gets. Maybe use it to cover my shoes?
On a different note, what I wore to Chuseok dinner today. With chinos (from SF favorite Banana Republic) and brown loafers from Johnston & Murphy. Not pictures because a) hard to take full body pictures of myself without a tripod and b) mostly because the pants have already been taken off. So now you guys all know my undressing order. Shoes, pants, check Style Forum, sweater, tie, shirt. That's the order you guys do it, right?
In Stitches, this is for you. That's the tie which confounds me.
Side note: new tailor for the shirt. I'm not pleased with the fact that the blue line makes an appearance at the tip of one of the collar points. Is there anything they could have done to avoid this?
I'ved PMd you to let you know that I approve of the look. Keep rolling them out my friend, confound the cynics here and be done with it. Sleeves folded back (fine), shirt and tie worn with jeans (fine).
Love the shirt on this pic... details please?post #36754 of 787199/30/12 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
In Stitches, this is for you. That's the tie which confounds me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
what knot have you tied there.
also - i dont hate your shoes. yeah, there are sooper non SF, and look like bowling shoes, but im down with them as casual shoes.post #36755 of 787199/30/12 at 10:18amQuote:
Need to clean my glasses - that other garbage you're wearing on your wrist made it look like one big thick strap thing at my first look. I take it back - watch is quite correct and the same dimensions as mine in fact, but I hate those other things. Kajagoogoo are no longer in the charts for a reason (oh, look it up...actually..don't bother, never mind...)
Glad you've got a sense of humour - you (and Claghorn, and the funeral director) look like a breath of fresh air. I might even have to wear my cravat again, now that we're teetering on the brink of anarchy.post #36756 of 787199/30/12 at 10:25ampost #36757 of 787199/30/12 at 10:55amQuote:
You amuse me, sir. First of all, that was just a fit pic, not a request for an ensemble critique. But thanks anyway. Second, the jeans in question are Levis 505s, which are neither skinny nor low-riding. Keep up the good workpost #36758 of 787199/30/12 at 10:58ampost #36759 of 787199/30/12 at 10:59amQuote:
Glad to entertain. But why post a pic if you don't want anyone to comment? I guess I'm just anti-jeans - fair enough to take it with a pinch of salt. They're not flattering you, though.post #36760 of 787199/30/12 at 11:04ampost #36761 of 787199/30/12 at 11:23ampost #36762 of 787199/30/12 at 11:40amQuote:
Go ahead and bust, I asked for it and we're all good
As I said the fit looks fine to me.post #36763 of 787199/30/12 at 12:30pmpost #36764 of 787199/30/12 at 12:32pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › NWOT Boglioli K sport coat - 50L - 100% cashmere 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.