Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2451post #36751 of 787229/30/12 at 8:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36752 of 787229/30/12 at 8:15ampost #36753 of 787229/30/12 at 8:40ampost #36754 of 787229/30/12 at 8:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Shoes, I get (still gonna get worn a lot. I'm surprised nobody has compared them to bowling shoes). Shirt not being rough enough to go with jeans, I get. Not wearing a tie with jeans, I get.
Don't wear a tie without a jacket, I can sort of see. But I don't think I'll look like a cellphone salesperson if the shirt and tie are nice enough. Be that as it may, I don't understand the disapproval of rolled up sleeves. I think it creates better lines and broadens the chest when you roll them up. Pretty sure I'm not going to change my mind about this, but I'd love to hear the other side.
The pocket square...I'm not sure anyone gets. Maybe use it to cover my shoes?
On a different note, what I wore to Chuseok dinner today. With chinos (from SF favorite Banana Republic) and brown loafers from Johnston & Murphy. Not pictures because a) hard to take full body pictures of myself without a tripod and b) mostly because the pants have already been taken off. So now you guys all know my undressing order. Shoes, pants, check Style Forum, sweater, tie, shirt. That's the order you guys do it, right?
In Stitches, this is for you. That's the tie which confounds me.
Side note: new tailor for the shirt. I'm not pleased with the fact that the blue line makes an appearance at the tip of one of the collar points. Is there anything they could have done to avoid this?
I'ved PMd you to let you know that I approve of the look. Keep rolling them out my friend, confound the cynics here and be done with it. Sleeves folded back (fine), shirt and tie worn with jeans (fine).
Love the shirt on this pic... details please?post #36755 of 787229/30/12 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
In Stitches, this is for you. That's the tie which confounds me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
what knot have you tied there.
also - i dont hate your shoes. yeah, there are sooper non SF, and look like bowling shoes, but im down with them as casual shoes.post #36756 of 787229/30/12 at 10:18amQuote:
Need to clean my glasses - that other garbage you're wearing on your wrist made it look like one big thick strap thing at my first look. I take it back - watch is quite correct and the same dimensions as mine in fact, but I hate those other things. Kajagoogoo are no longer in the charts for a reason (oh, look it up...actually..don't bother, never mind...)
Glad you've got a sense of humour - you (and Claghorn, and the funeral director) look like a breath of fresh air. I might even have to wear my cravat again, now that we're teetering on the brink of anarchy.post #36757 of 787229/30/12 at 10:25ampost #36758 of 787229/30/12 at 10:55amQuote:
You amuse me, sir. First of all, that was just a fit pic, not a request for an ensemble critique. But thanks anyway. Second, the jeans in question are Levis 505s, which are neither skinny nor low-riding. Keep up the good workpost #36759 of 787229/30/12 at 10:58ampost #36760 of 787229/30/12 at 10:59amQuote:
Glad to entertain. But why post a pic if you don't want anyone to comment? I guess I'm just anti-jeans - fair enough to take it with a pinch of salt. They're not flattering you, though.post #36761 of 787229/30/12 at 11:04ampost #36762 of 787229/30/12 at 11:23ampost #36763 of 787229/30/12 at 11:40amQuote:
Go ahead and bust, I asked for it and we're all good
As I said the fit looks fine to me.post #36764 of 787229/30/12 at 12:30pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 5 minutes ago
- › Is a midnight blue tux considered timeless or trendy? 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...