I like these colors a lot. And you pull off a bow tie well. I've never worn one but your second pic makes me think I should give it a shot.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2451
Please don't shoot at me. I suggested to replace the jeans/tie with a pocket square witout a tie, assuming that you were wearing a jacket... Wearing a tie without a jacket is beyond the limits of my sartorial imagination
By the way, it is a beautiful shirt and an interesting tie!
Shoes, I get (still gonna get worn a lot. I'm surprised nobody has compared them to bowling shoes). Shirt not being rough enough to go with jeans, I get. Not wearing a tie with jeans, I get.
Don't wear a tie without a jacket, I can sort of see. But I don't think I'll look like a cellphone salesperson if the shirt and tie are nice enough. Be that as it may, I don't understand the disapproval of rolled up sleeves. I think it creates better lines and broadens the chest when you roll them up. Pretty sure I'm not going to change my mind about this, but I'd love to hear the other side.
The pocket square...I'm not sure anyone gets. Maybe use it to cover my shoes?
On a different note, what I wore to Chuseok dinner today. With chinos (from SF favorite Banana Republic) and brown loafers from Johnston & Murphy. Not pictures because a) hard to take full body pictures of myself without a tripod and b) mostly because the pants have already been taken off. So now you guys all know my undressing order. Shoes, pants, check Style Forum, sweater, tie, shirt. That's the order you guys do it, right?
In Stitches, this is for you. That's the tie which confounds me.
Side note: new tailor for the shirt. I'm not pleased with the fact that the blue line makes an appearance at the tip of one of the collar points. Is there anything they could have done to avoid this?
I'ved PMd you to let you know that I approve of the look. Keep rolling them out my friend, confound the cynics here and be done with it. Sleeves folded back (fine), shirt and tie worn with jeans (fine).
Love the shirt on this pic... details please?
In Stitches, this is for you. That's the tie which confounds me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
what knot have you tied there.
also - i dont hate your shoes. yeah, there are sooper non SF, and look like bowling shoes, but im down with them as casual shoes.
Need to clean my glasses - that other garbage you're wearing on your wrist made it look like one big thick strap thing at my first look. I take it back - watch is quite correct and the same dimensions as mine in fact, but I hate those other things. Kajagoogoo are no longer in the charts for a reason (oh, look it up...actually..don't bother, never mind...)
Glad you've got a sense of humour - you (and Claghorn, and the funeral director) look like a breath of fresh air. I might even have to wear my cravat again, now that we're teetering on the brink of anarchy.
You amuse me, sir. First of all, that was just a fit pic, not a request for an ensemble critique. But thanks anyway. Second, the jeans in question are Levis 505s, which are neither skinny nor low-riding. Keep up the good work
Glad to entertain. But why post a pic if you don't want anyone to comment? I guess I'm just anti-jeans - fair enough to take it with a pinch of salt. They're not flattering you, though.
Go ahead and bust, I asked for it and we're all good
As I said the fit looks fine to me.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Stephan Schneider - Shake Pullover - Ombre Navy & Blue - Small 17 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Bookster Customer Service 6 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 9 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 9 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw