I think any time that your skin/fat has to mould itself around the side of your glasses, they are too tight.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2443
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36632 of 787219/27/12 at 9:31pmpost #36633 of 787219/27/12 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Blubomber
Hello Everybody! New here. Sorry for the phone pics, I'm at work.Welcome.
Firstly, I must commend you on having the courage to post pictures this early into your SF career. Let's get started:
I feel that most would agree that the way you have folded your pocket square is awful. Usually a flat-fold is preferable with a cotton square (or with anything possessing 'dry' texture properties, such as linen). Similarly, the pattern of the square further complicates its already awkward positioning due to the geometric component. Usually, with pocket embellishments that have square(ish) patterns, it's helpful to maintain harmony with the lines of the suit/be as direct and simple as possible -- once again, meaning that a flat fold would be most appropriate. Otherwise, the effect is overwhelming and ugly as fuck. Perhaps even a plain white cotton/linen square would have been more palatable.
The collar points are, in my honest opinion, too short. It has become orthodoxy in contemporary mens fashion these days, mostly due to the influence of men's publications and general ignorance, to wear shirts with collar points that are too short, and don't reach the 'edge' of the lapels. This may be a taste thing, but small point collars are (usually) un-fucking-sightly. Yours isn't too bad, and I don't mean to tell you to throw it away and buy another one, but it may be something worth considering when you purchase another shirt.
Quote:Originally Posted by Blubomber
Black tie event in Miami for Realtors. Should I add a pocket square? I love them but I'm not sure if it calls for it. Sorry again for phone pics.
Same deal as my statements above regarding the shirt collar. Similarly, you won't find much appreciation for the emaciated lapels on this forum, but I guess it's just a taste thing. Personally, I find the whole skinny lapel epidemic to be abhorrent, but whatever. Kudos to you for wearing a proportionate tie though -- even if it's too skinny as well.
From what I can derive from the photo, the rise on your pants is way, way to low. The elongation of your torso resulting from this is hard to look at, and although it's a fad now, it just makes you look really, really young. You should think about your next suit investment carefully -- particularly with the waistband placement, as this is imperative to creating lines that are complimentary to your body composition, and a silhouette that commands a little more respect as well as demonstrates more elegance.
Also, what you are wearing isn't considered to be anything close to "black tie". I appreciate that there are cultural variables, but I would encourage you to investigate further.
These are just my observations.
Enjoy, don't get offended if people give you shit. They're only trying to help.
EYEWEAR SPREZZpost #36634 of 787219/27/12 at 10:47pmpost #36635 of 787219/27/12 at 11:14pmpost #36636 of 787219/27/12 at 11:37pm
Apart from the fact that we are both wearing a blue three piece suit, I do not detect any significant similarities in fit, colour coordination, styling, etc. As such, I can only interpret your comment as implying that you associate my outfit with serious fun. Yes, I am that vain.post #36637 of 787219/28/12 at 12:05ampost #36638 of 787219/28/12 at 1:33ampost #36639 of 787219/28/12 at 3:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Blubomber
Black tie event in Miami for Realtors. Should I add a pocket square? I love them but I'm not sure if it calls for it. Sorry again for phone pics.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I just want to be constructive but I'm sorry to say this isn't black tie at all. It might be acceptable to include some element from lounge suits in modern times, but there's nothing here from black tie other than the suit being black - the shirt is not a formal shirt, no bow tie, skinny notch lapels, pocket flaps, and (I'm guessing here) no waistcoat/cummerbund and vented two button jacket. What kind of shoes were you wearing?post #36640 of 787219/28/12 at 3:18ampost #36641 of 787219/28/12 at 4:59am
I didn't sleep well last night so I'm looking very tired today... oh, and I don't do 'casual Fridays', in fact I've almost gone the opposite today. It's all white, grey, black and blue: MTM midnight blue herringbone jacket; CT Black Label textured white shirt; vintage grey wool waistcoat; vintage 1960s royal blue wool knit tie; vintage tie bar (from an interesting mid-century Vermont silversmith called Joe Skinger); and not seen: mid-grey Old Town 'Vauxhall' high-back moleskin trousers and braces, black socks, vintage black Florsheim Imperial longwings.Added by request... (Click to show)
(Terrible pic which makes everything looks very blue and the trousers look oddly creased because of moving back to try to get in the right place at the right time).
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 9/28/12 at 9:15ampost #36642 of 787219/28/12 at 5:48ampost #36643 of 787219/28/12 at 6:10ampost #36644 of 787219/28/12 at 6:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
Fisrt post in here. Sorry for the low quality of the picture. The shirt is pink, not white.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The only problem with this is that your username is way too similar to mine.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Any One for a Scotch? 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 11 minutes ago
- › Quoddy Brown Oxfords Sz 11 12 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan