Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2441post #36601 of 787219/27/12 at 10:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36602 of 787219/27/12 at 11:12ampost #36603 of 787219/27/12 at 11:14ampost #36604 of 787219/27/12 at 11:30ampost #36605 of 787219/27/12 at 11:49ampost #36606 of 787219/27/12 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
One man's ill fitting and old man-ish is another's well-fitting sack suit (another reason I don't bother to post full-length pics anymore; bsides the hassle, I don't want to hear about members' dislike of sack silhouette).
Some irony about the lapels — this is the oldest of the suits I've recently worn, a Chippworth from the 60s.
I think Manton's rubbing off on me. The red tie doesn't sit well with me at all.
To my mind, it's a plus that you don't feel obliged to wear jackets two sizes too small or crotch-crushing narrow short trousers, just because you once saw Ryan Gosling wearing something like that. Classic and stylish, and fuck this week's trend. Big respect to that.
Re. your tie, to be honest I wouldn't choose a bright red either (this is the guy with green shoelaces, but..). Sock and lace excesses aside, I prefer a more muted colour in my tie usually. However, I think if you had a more city-like plainer shirt, perhaps with a spread collar, even this strong red would balance just fine with the formal suit. As for your lapels, I like your wide peaks. Surely it's this average notch lapel that's the conservative choice? Doesn't surprise me that this is the old one.
Despite your vicious opprobrium to my shoelaces, I rather like your style, Mr Luftvier. Follow no-one!post #36607 of 787219/27/12 at 12:41pmpost #36608 of 787219/27/12 at 1:36pmpost #36609 of 787219/27/12 at 2:10pmpost #36610 of 787219/27/12 at 2:25pmpost #36611 of 787219/27/12 at 2:35pmpost #36612 of 787219/27/12 at 2:49pmpost #36613 of 787219/27/12 at 2:51pmpost #36614 of 787219/27/12 at 3:13pmpost #36615 of 787219/27/12 at 3:25pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 46 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Bill Cosby is funny again! 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 3 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...