Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2441post #36601 of 787219/27/12 at 10:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36602 of 787219/27/12 at 11:12ampost #36603 of 787219/27/12 at 11:14ampost #36604 of 787219/27/12 at 11:30ampost #36605 of 787219/27/12 at 11:49ampost #36606 of 787219/27/12 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
One man's ill fitting and old man-ish is another's well-fitting sack suit (another reason I don't bother to post full-length pics anymore; bsides the hassle, I don't want to hear about members' dislike of sack silhouette).
Some irony about the lapels — this is the oldest of the suits I've recently worn, a Chippworth from the 60s.
I think Manton's rubbing off on me. The red tie doesn't sit well with me at all.
To my mind, it's a plus that you don't feel obliged to wear jackets two sizes too small or crotch-crushing narrow short trousers, just because you once saw Ryan Gosling wearing something like that. Classic and stylish, and fuck this week's trend. Big respect to that.
Re. your tie, to be honest I wouldn't choose a bright red either (this is the guy with green shoelaces, but..). Sock and lace excesses aside, I prefer a more muted colour in my tie usually. However, I think if you had a more city-like plainer shirt, perhaps with a spread collar, even this strong red would balance just fine with the formal suit. As for your lapels, I like your wide peaks. Surely it's this average notch lapel that's the conservative choice? Doesn't surprise me that this is the old one.
Despite your vicious opprobrium to my shoelaces, I rather like your style, Mr Luftvier. Follow no-one!post #36607 of 787219/27/12 at 12:41pmpost #36608 of 787219/27/12 at 1:36pmpost #36609 of 787219/27/12 at 2:10pmpost #36610 of 787219/27/12 at 2:25pmpost #36611 of 787219/27/12 at 2:35pmpost #36612 of 787219/27/12 at 2:49pmpost #36613 of 787219/27/12 at 2:51pmpost #36614 of 787219/27/12 at 3:13pmpost #36615 of 787219/27/12 at 3:25pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...