Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2441post #36601 of 787239/27/12 at 10:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36602 of 787239/27/12 at 10:59ampost #36603 of 787239/27/12 at 11:12ampost #36604 of 787239/27/12 at 11:14ampost #36605 of 787239/27/12 at 11:30ampost #36606 of 787239/27/12 at 11:49ampost #36607 of 787239/27/12 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
One man's ill fitting and old man-ish is another's well-fitting sack suit (another reason I don't bother to post full-length pics anymore; bsides the hassle, I don't want to hear about members' dislike of sack silhouette).
Some irony about the lapels — this is the oldest of the suits I've recently worn, a Chippworth from the 60s.
I think Manton's rubbing off on me. The red tie doesn't sit well with me at all.
To my mind, it's a plus that you don't feel obliged to wear jackets two sizes too small or crotch-crushing narrow short trousers, just because you once saw Ryan Gosling wearing something like that. Classic and stylish, and fuck this week's trend. Big respect to that.
Re. your tie, to be honest I wouldn't choose a bright red either (this is the guy with green shoelaces, but..). Sock and lace excesses aside, I prefer a more muted colour in my tie usually. However, I think if you had a more city-like plainer shirt, perhaps with a spread collar, even this strong red would balance just fine with the formal suit. As for your lapels, I like your wide peaks. Surely it's this average notch lapel that's the conservative choice? Doesn't surprise me that this is the old one.
Despite your vicious opprobrium to my shoelaces, I rather like your style, Mr Luftvier. Follow no-one!post #36608 of 787239/27/12 at 12:41pmpost #36609 of 787239/27/12 at 1:36pmpost #36610 of 787239/27/12 at 2:10pmpost #36611 of 787239/27/12 at 2:25pmpost #36612 of 787239/27/12 at 2:35pmpost #36613 of 787239/27/12 at 2:49pmpost #36614 of 787239/27/12 at 2:51pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › ENJOY=Wofford vs Georgia Tech live NCAA football Live Streaming 25 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 36 seconds ago
- › ENJOY=Youngstown State vs Illinois live NCAA football Live Streaming 1 minute ago
- › Austin Peay vs Memphis Live Streaming 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ENJOY=Tennessee-Martin vs Kentucky live NCAA football Live Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › ENJOY=Troy vs UAB live NCAA football Live Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)