Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2441post #36601 of 787199/27/12 at 10:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36602 of 787199/27/12 at 11:12ampost #36603 of 787199/27/12 at 11:14ampost #36604 of 787199/27/12 at 11:30ampost #36605 of 787199/27/12 at 11:49ampost #36606 of 787199/27/12 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
One man's ill fitting and old man-ish is another's well-fitting sack suit (another reason I don't bother to post full-length pics anymore; bsides the hassle, I don't want to hear about members' dislike of sack silhouette).
Some irony about the lapels — this is the oldest of the suits I've recently worn, a Chippworth from the 60s.
I think Manton's rubbing off on me. The red tie doesn't sit well with me at all.
To my mind, it's a plus that you don't feel obliged to wear jackets two sizes too small or crotch-crushing narrow short trousers, just because you once saw Ryan Gosling wearing something like that. Classic and stylish, and fuck this week's trend. Big respect to that.
Re. your tie, to be honest I wouldn't choose a bright red either (this is the guy with green shoelaces, but..). Sock and lace excesses aside, I prefer a more muted colour in my tie usually. However, I think if you had a more city-like plainer shirt, perhaps with a spread collar, even this strong red would balance just fine with the formal suit. As for your lapels, I like your wide peaks. Surely it's this average notch lapel that's the conservative choice? Doesn't surprise me that this is the old one.
Despite your vicious opprobrium to my shoelaces, I rather like your style, Mr Luftvier. Follow no-one!post #36607 of 787199/27/12 at 12:41pmpost #36608 of 787199/27/12 at 1:36pmpost #36609 of 787199/27/12 at 2:10pmpost #36610 of 787199/27/12 at 2:25pmpost #36611 of 787199/27/12 at 2:35pmpost #36612 of 787199/27/12 at 2:49pmpost #36613 of 787199/27/12 at 2:51pmpost #36614 of 787199/27/12 at 3:13pmpost #36615 of 787199/27/12 at 3:25pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Architecture Thread 33 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › White Common Projects Achilles in size 45 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply Lazio 3 piece suit 3 minutes ago
- › Silk Scarfs for men? ... Help 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1