Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2437post #36541 of 787239/26/12 at 7:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36542 of 787239/26/12 at 7:53amQuote:
Keep in mind I am fat! Tapering the trousers puts emphasis on wide thighs and hips, which is something I don't want. Plus, there's not much more room there for tapering, and the crotch looks lower than it really is due to poor lighting (it's about at the same level as the jacket hem IRL), making legs appear shorter. These are a bit narrower than my previous posts thoughpost #36543 of 787239/26/12 at 8:48amQuote:
Not sure about the shoes T, but I like the rest of this. Maybe it's a step up in formality from your usual fits but it works well, no gimmicks this time and the hat adds the Tirailleur quirk that we expect. I think the second is the better of the two, hope you had your hat on that day too!post #36544 of 787239/26/12 at 8:53amQuote:
As it happens, I wore black austerity brogue double monks on Monday, and I have a pair in brown as well (which received less-than-stellar marks from at least one of the locals here). I hadn't worn the dub monks that I am wearing today for a while, so they were put into rotation.
As for shirt, I like lavender and grey, lavender pinstripes or not.post #36545 of 787239/26/12 at 9:28ampost #36546 of 787239/26/12 at 9:45am
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Hopefully no one finds my first attempt at a decent outfit to offensive.
Looking forward to the critique!
Shirt = Emmett London
Tie = Vintage No Name
PS = Vintage No Name
Watch = 1970 Rolex Oysterdate
Trousers = 511 Commuter Trousers
Shoes = Church's Westbury's
~ SMpost #36547 of 787239/26/12 at 9:51amQuote:
Agreed, Spoo. If that coat didn't have that overcheck, it'd be stellar. As it is, eh.Quote:Originally Posted by mimo
Quick one, sorry for the picture quality. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Please do me a favor. Gather up all your color laces. Douse them in lighter fluid. Apply flame.
Those shoes look like they might not fit you properly.
Today:post #36548 of 787239/26/12 at 10:05ampost #36549 of 787239/26/12 at 10:12am
Spent the day at a mental health law conference; you get some interesting discussions when the two different systems (law & medicine in this case) mix. Sartorially, in hindsight I admit that either or both (depending on your perspective) of the tie & square don't quite work here, but I was in a hurry this morning and didn't have time to think. Still, in the belief that misses can be as entertaining as successes (if not more so!), here you go:post #36550 of 787239/26/12 at 10:17amQuote:
Ah, it's a hard man who even finds grey offensive. Truth be told, I'll get bored of them eventually, and it's only on a few pairs...but these definitely need something. Well spotted on the second point. Of course in time they work their way around your feet, but you're right. I bought these about 12-15 years ago in more foolish times, and should never have kept them. Now we're attached. And they do shine up nice. Thanks for the love, and nice tie. :)post #36551 of 787239/26/12 at 10:42ampost #36552 of 787239/26/12 at 10:46ampost #36553 of 787239/26/12 at 11:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Spent the day at a mental health law conference; you get some interesting discussions when the two different systems (law & medicine in this case) mix. Sartorially, in hindsight I admit that either or both (depending on your perspective) of the tie & square don't quite work here, but I was in a hurry this morning and didn't have time to think. Still, in the belief that misses can be as entertaining as successes (if not more so!), here you go:
I'd call that a refreshing diversion. Don't take this the wrong way, but I like it more than anything of yours yet. I don't mean that you normally dress badly, but like most people you're usually a little safer than this. Sure, you're right about the jacket and tie clash - a plainer textured jacket, or a solid woven tie, either would do. But it's nice to see a bit of risk-taking. A slight substitution to one of those two elements and you're in the realms of awesome. Hats off to you for having some nuts, well played. Could you fill in some details please?Quote:Originally Posted by no one
Comments are welcome.
I do love a three piece, and that's nice. But maybe a bit too much of smooth and shiny going on there? I'd vary the texture a bit more, but you look slick. One more thing: pocket squares, carefully folded to look carefree, remind me of decorative napkin arrangements, especially when white. Straight or scruffy, one or the other I'd say. But that's probably just me.Quote:
I don't dig cardigans - makes me think elderly and unwell, but each to his own. All hangs together though, and I like the tie a great deal. Details, if you wouldn't mind?post #36554 of 787239/26/12 at 11:17amIn response to Threadbearer who wrote: "Just beautiful, cp. Deets on the tie and PS, please."
Both the tie and PS are "ancient". The tie is by Breuer. The PS is older than Zadok the Priest. I think I got it from Van Boven's in Ann Arbor. Thanks for the thumbs up!post #36555 of 787239/26/12 at 11:50am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Robert Talbott Carmel 40R 2 Btn Blazer Blue Gingham 6 minutes ago
- › Verify this item or seller 7 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 11 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Fantasy English Premier League - come join Stylish Gentlemen 16 minutes ago
- › Nudie Jeans Dirt Dry Organic Sz 32 16 minutes ago
- › Nudie Jeans Dry Organic Selvedge Sz 32 19 minutes ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 21 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)