Please don't. God knows, this place could use some levity...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2433
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36482 of 787219/25/12 at 7:37amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I haven't posted in a while, and have no idea how this will be received, but here was my fit today. Taking a cue from Albert, the SC is secondhand and vintage. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I agree with SB that the fit looks overloaded. Great-looking SC but the waistcoat looks short though (and/or tucked into your trousers? ). I'm not a fan of a waistcoat with a belt , waistcoasts calls for braces, I think.post #36483 of 787219/25/12 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I haven't posted in a while, and have no idea how this will be received, but here was my fit today. Taking a cue from Albert, the SC is secondhand and vintage. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Deets:
Waistcoat: J. Crew
Tie: Italian woven wool, maker unknown
Square: Italian silk, maker unknown
(Sorry about the waistcoat lapel here. This is the only shot that shows the square.
On second look, I think the problem is simply that the waistcoat is much too small: the bunching between buttons as well as the gap, seems to hint that it's very tight. It's a waistcoat, not a corset - be comfortable! Great fabric though. Also, most trousers from "fashion" stores like Zegna tend to have a fashionable low waistline. If, like you (and me), you're not a skinny teenager, it's a fight to keep them where they're supposed to be. With a belt, that fight is lost, with braces it's possible to win. But the best version is trousers that have more depth in the crotch and a higher waist: nobody wants to see a "male cameltoe".
I love that coat, and the tie and jacket are really nice too.post #36484 of 787219/25/12 at 7:55ampost #36485 of 787219/25/12 at 7:56amQuote:Quote:
Thanks for the feedback; I do appreciate it. Yes, the waistcoat is too short, and had ridden up on me as well. The SC is not worsted, but I see how it looks that way in the photo. The trou are separates, and not a part of a suit. I'd originally gone for a darker, patterned flannel, but it made the fit even more unruly.
Again, appreciate the input.post #36486 of 787219/25/12 at 7:59ampost #36487 of 787219/25/12 at 8:03ampost #36488 of 787219/25/12 at 8:19ampost #36489 of 787219/25/12 at 9:06ampost #36490 of 787219/25/12 at 9:17amQuote:
I'm not sure exactly what it is, but in general, you are an annoying individual. Your clothing, never ending opinion and inordinate stream of posts aren't helping.post #36491 of 787219/25/12 at 9:30ampost #36492 of 787219/25/12 at 9:52amOriginally Posted by PTWilliams
Success at the fashion party.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Did you end up similarly horizontal with them later?Originally Posted by luftvier
Here's my selectively cropped, over-processed photo of the day —
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lufty - is the tie a silk printed with red spots on a navy background? If so, do you have a source for it please? I've been looking for that pattern for ages to replace an old worn-out one.
I keep meaning to get the trousers of this suit tapered a little below the knee, but always forget. It's not that obvious in this photo, but they'd look better with about 1" smaller circumference.post #36493 of 787219/25/12 at 10:01amQuote:
Yes, I saw that in the picture. I blame that on my fifth beer. Fortunately, I am among friends at styleforum.
Actually, I was the best dressed because everyone else was dressed for comfort. There was one guy from the Tie society in a suit, but everyone else was pretty much in tee shirts and jeans. I think everyone was so impressed that I put any effort into what I was wearing. Of course, may its because the models and people in the business were on their day-off so to speak, but I really got the feeling that dressing well to look good wasn't something they'd naturally do, at least among the guys. The worst dressed on styleforum would have been among the best dressed there. But everyone there was supper nice.post #36494 of 787219/25/12 at 10:06amQuote:
And yet, you don't know me from Adam. How brave. Do you think, perchance, you take this internet forum thing a little too seriously? Breathe. xx
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 second ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Can someone help me determine the era of this Brioni suit? 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...