Please don't. God knows, this place could use some levity...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2433
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36482 of 787199/25/12 at 7:37amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I haven't posted in a while, and have no idea how this will be received, but here was my fit today. Taking a cue from Albert, the SC is secondhand and vintage. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I agree with SB that the fit looks overloaded. Great-looking SC but the waistcoat looks short though (and/or tucked into your trousers? ). I'm not a fan of a waistcoat with a belt , waistcoasts calls for braces, I think.post #36483 of 787199/25/12 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I haven't posted in a while, and have no idea how this will be received, but here was my fit today. Taking a cue from Albert, the SC is secondhand and vintage. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Deets:
Waistcoat: J. Crew
Tie: Italian woven wool, maker unknown
Square: Italian silk, maker unknown
(Sorry about the waistcoat lapel here. This is the only shot that shows the square.
On second look, I think the problem is simply that the waistcoat is much too small: the bunching between buttons as well as the gap, seems to hint that it's very tight. It's a waistcoat, not a corset - be comfortable! Great fabric though. Also, most trousers from "fashion" stores like Zegna tend to have a fashionable low waistline. If, like you (and me), you're not a skinny teenager, it's a fight to keep them where they're supposed to be. With a belt, that fight is lost, with braces it's possible to win. But the best version is trousers that have more depth in the crotch and a higher waist: nobody wants to see a "male cameltoe".
I love that coat, and the tie and jacket are really nice too.post #36484 of 787199/25/12 at 7:55ampost #36485 of 787199/25/12 at 7:56amQuote:Quote:
Thanks for the feedback; I do appreciate it. Yes, the waistcoat is too short, and had ridden up on me as well. The SC is not worsted, but I see how it looks that way in the photo. The trou are separates, and not a part of a suit. I'd originally gone for a darker, patterned flannel, but it made the fit even more unruly.
Again, appreciate the input.post #36486 of 787199/25/12 at 7:59ampost #36487 of 787199/25/12 at 8:03ampost #36488 of 787199/25/12 at 8:19ampost #36489 of 787199/25/12 at 9:06ampost #36490 of 787199/25/12 at 9:17amQuote:
I'm not sure exactly what it is, but in general, you are an annoying individual. Your clothing, never ending opinion and inordinate stream of posts aren't helping.post #36491 of 787199/25/12 at 9:30ampost #36492 of 787199/25/12 at 9:52amOriginally Posted by PTWilliams
Success at the fashion party.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Did you end up similarly horizontal with them later?Originally Posted by luftvier
Here's my selectively cropped, over-processed photo of the day —
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lufty - is the tie a silk printed with red spots on a navy background? If so, do you have a source for it please? I've been looking for that pattern for ages to replace an old worn-out one.
I keep meaning to get the trousers of this suit tapered a little below the knee, but always forget. It's not that obvious in this photo, but they'd look better with about 1" smaller circumference.post #36493 of 787199/25/12 at 10:01amQuote:
Yes, I saw that in the picture. I blame that on my fifth beer. Fortunately, I am among friends at styleforum.
Actually, I was the best dressed because everyone else was dressed for comfort. There was one guy from the Tie society in a suit, but everyone else was pretty much in tee shirts and jeans. I think everyone was so impressed that I put any effort into what I was wearing. Of course, may its because the models and people in the business were on their day-off so to speak, but I really got the feeling that dressing well to look good wasn't something they'd naturally do, at least among the guys. The worst dressed on styleforum would have been among the best dressed there. But everyone there was supper nice.post #36494 of 787199/25/12 at 10:06amQuote:
And yet, you don't know me from Adam. How brave. Do you think, perchance, you take this internet forum thing a little too seriously? Breathe. xx
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 39 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 19 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...