Ok, I have to accept I am bad at making jokes, I'll stop it...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2433
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36482 of 787239/25/12 at 7:35ampost #36483 of 787239/25/12 at 7:37amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I haven't posted in a while, and have no idea how this will be received, but here was my fit today. Taking a cue from Albert, the SC is secondhand and vintage. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I agree with SB that the fit looks overloaded. Great-looking SC but the waistcoat looks short though (and/or tucked into your trousers? ). I'm not a fan of a waistcoat with a belt , waistcoasts calls for braces, I think.post #36484 of 787239/25/12 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I haven't posted in a while, and have no idea how this will be received, but here was my fit today. Taking a cue from Albert, the SC is secondhand and vintage. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Deets:
Waistcoat: J. Crew
Tie: Italian woven wool, maker unknown
Square: Italian silk, maker unknown
(Sorry about the waistcoat lapel here. This is the only shot that shows the square.
On second look, I think the problem is simply that the waistcoat is much too small: the bunching between buttons as well as the gap, seems to hint that it's very tight. It's a waistcoat, not a corset - be comfortable! Great fabric though. Also, most trousers from "fashion" stores like Zegna tend to have a fashionable low waistline. If, like you (and me), you're not a skinny teenager, it's a fight to keep them where they're supposed to be. With a belt, that fight is lost, with braces it's possible to win. But the best version is trousers that have more depth in the crotch and a higher waist: nobody wants to see a "male cameltoe".
I love that coat, and the tie and jacket are really nice too.post #36485 of 787239/25/12 at 7:55ampost #36486 of 787239/25/12 at 7:56amQuote:Quote:
Thanks for the feedback; I do appreciate it. Yes, the waistcoat is too short, and had ridden up on me as well. The SC is not worsted, but I see how it looks that way in the photo. The trou are separates, and not a part of a suit. I'd originally gone for a darker, patterned flannel, but it made the fit even more unruly.
Again, appreciate the input.post #36487 of 787239/25/12 at 7:59ampost #36488 of 787239/25/12 at 8:03ampost #36489 of 787239/25/12 at 8:19ampost #36490 of 787239/25/12 at 9:06ampost #36491 of 787239/25/12 at 9:17amQuote:
I'm not sure exactly what it is, but in general, you are an annoying individual. Your clothing, never ending opinion and inordinate stream of posts aren't helping.post #36492 of 787239/25/12 at 9:30ampost #36493 of 787239/25/12 at 9:52amOriginally Posted by PTWilliams
Success at the fashion party.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Did you end up similarly horizontal with them later?Originally Posted by luftvier
Here's my selectively cropped, over-processed photo of the day —
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lufty - is the tie a silk printed with red spots on a navy background? If so, do you have a source for it please? I've been looking for that pattern for ages to replace an old worn-out one.
I keep meaning to get the trousers of this suit tapered a little below the knee, but always forget. It's not that obvious in this photo, but they'd look better with about 1" smaller circumference.post #36494 of 787239/25/12 at 10:01amQuote:
Yes, I saw that in the picture. I blame that on my fifth beer. Fortunately, I am among friends at styleforum.
Actually, I was the best dressed because everyone else was dressed for comfort. There was one guy from the Tie society in a suit, but everyone else was pretty much in tee shirts and jeans. I think everyone was so impressed that I put any effort into what I was wearing. Of course, may its because the models and people in the business were on their day-off so to speak, but I really got the feeling that dressing well to look good wasn't something they'd naturally do, at least among the guys. The worst dressed on styleforum would have been among the best dressed there. But everyone there was supper nice.post #36495 of 787239/25/12 at 10:06amQuote:
And yet, you don't know me from Adam. How brave. Do you think, perchance, you take this internet forum thing a little too seriously? Breathe. xx
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Watch Fiorentina V Guingamp Live Football Match Thursday 18-Sep-2014 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 19th September 2014: Brown tie without a staple... 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 7 minutes ago
- › WHAT IS THE BRAND OF THESE GEEK GLASSES THAT DAVID BECKHAM IS... 8 minutes ago
- › Pictures from a few days in Naples (Updated... Solito, Formosa,... 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)