or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2430  

post #36436 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand View Post

DSC_1705.jpg
DSC_1723.jpg
Shoes are total beater, I should clean them shog[1].gifDeets (Click to show)
DSC_1719.jpg
DSC_1714.jpg
DSC_1746.jpg
DSC_1726.jpg

This is total beater, I like the attitude
post #36437 of 78722
Post work so everything's a little off...

9_24_12.jpg
post #36438 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand View Post

DSC_1723.jpg
 

 

 

I like this a lot.  However I'm not so sure how age appropriate this is. I myself might opt for slimmer trousers. But then again I'm the worst at guessing ages. esp. azns.

post #36439 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Shoes? And were do you live, so nice!

The shoes are single monks from Tricker's, bought at their shop on Jermyn Street. I'm not sure about the model actually shog[1].gif.

I live in Northern Sweden, hence the rather advanced autumn colours this time of the year.
Edited by Pingson - 9/25/12 at 12:01am
post #36440 of 78722
Pieceofsand -

Those trousers look to be about 10" at the bottom hem. I think someone as slender as you should go for 8 or 8.5" at best across. The suit is generally looking a size too big for you. Did you get it preowned? If so, consider re selling it and putting the funds towards a new one thats a size smaller. Also, the shoes you do mention are beaters but they really dont work at all here. You need a good, darker chocolate brown cap toe with this suit, and maybe one shade darker on the tie too. You're a handsome fella with a good look about you, but this fit does you no justice because it looks like you are wearing someone elses clothes. That pic of you in the cigar lounge did you the best justice - you looked the most comforable and in your own skin. Im willing to bet you felt a bit awkward today because you knew the suit wasnt 100% right for you. Am I right?
post #36441 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Pieceofsand -
Those trousers look to be about 10" at the bottom hem. I think someone as slender as you should go for 8 or 8.5" at best across. The suit is generally looking a size too big for you. Did you get it preowned? If so, consider re selling it and putting the funds towards a new one thats a size smaller. Also, the shoes you do mention are beaters but they really dont work at all here. You need a good, darker chocolate brown cap toe with this suit, and maybe one shade darker on the tie too. You're a handsome fella with a good look about you, but this fit does you no justice because it looks like you are wearing someone elses clothes. That pic of you in the cigar lounge did you the best justice - you looked the most comforable and in your own skin. Im willing to bet you felt a bit awkward today because you knew the suit wasnt 100% right for you. Am I right?
I think the suit is quite right. Will be a very nice vintage look if he can change the shoes as you suggested.
post #36442 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post


I like this a lot.  However I'm not so sure how age appropriate this is. I myself might opt for slimmer trousers. But then again I'm the worst at guessing ages. esp. azns.

Thank you kindly sir. I am 24 year old. Trouser is a tad wide and they look wider in the photo. Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

This is total beater, I like the attitude

Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Pieceofsand -
Those trousers look to be about 10" at the bottom hem. I think someone as slender as you should go for 8 or 8.5" at best across. The suit is generally looking a size too big for you. Did you get it preowned? If so, consider re selling it and putting the funds towards a new one thats a size smaller. Also, the shoes you do mention are beaters but they really dont work at all here. You need a good, darker chocolate brown cap toe with this suit, and maybe one shade darker on the tie too. You're a handsome fella with a good look about you, but this fit does you no justice because it looks like you are wearing someone elses clothes. That pic of you in the cigar lounge did you the best justice - you looked the most comforable and in your own skin. Im willing to bet you felt a bit awkward today because you knew the suit wasnt 100% right for you. Am I right?

Thanks for your feedback Spoo. Indeed the trouser is hemmed at 9" at opening, you have very good eye as I am well impressed by your guess. My trouser is a bit wider because I like to have my shoe laces fully covered or 2/3's way cover just as a preference. Though this suit is an second hand Oxford Clothes suit that I stumble upon eBay in size 36R, unfortunately it is not bespoke for me. 36/38 is what I usually wear depending on the cut and to be honest I don't feel that the suit is too large for me although I do have to agree with you that my trouser has a fuller cut, the photo angle actually make it seem wider than it is though. The stripe pattern is hard to work with for my tailor. One thing I'm not a huge fan of is the slim taper leg opening combining with a shoe size 9 or up, creating the "clown feet" look, but that's personal preference in my opinion. Now I am a bit curious on your recommendation on shoe selection: why is cap toe more favored than wing tip with this suit? What's the reason behind such selection? Thanks Spoo, and to top things off, I did not feel awkward today wink.gif
post #36443 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand View Post

Thanks for your feedback Spoo. Indeed the trouser is hemmed at 9" at opening, you have very good eye as I am well impressed by your guess. My trouser is a bit wider because I like to have my shoe laces fully covered or 2/3's way cover just as a preference. Though this suit is an second hand Oxford Clothes suit that I stumble upon eBay in size 36R, unfortunately it is not bespoke for me. 36/38 is what I usually wear depending on the cut and to be honest I don't feel that the suit is too large for me although I do have to agree with you that my trouser has a fuller cut, the photo angle actually make it seem wider than it is though. The stripe pattern is hard to work with for my tailor. One thing I'm not a huge fan of is the slim taper leg opening combining with a shoe size 9 or up, creating the "clown feet" look, but that's personal preference in my opinion. Now I am a bit curious on your recommendation on shoe selection: why is cap toe more favored than wing tip with this suit? What's the reason behind such selection? Thanks Spoo, and to top things off, I did not feel awkward today wink.gif

Im glad you didnt feel awkward. smile.gif But, I still maintain that this suit is not right for you. Oxxford (ive had a few suits from them, and some very sage advice from Vox) is probably not the right cut for you. Its fine if you arent into the slim thing, but an 8" pant on a size 9 shoe, is pretty much what I do every day. I dont look like I have clown feet. You're 24, youre skinny, and have an interest in dressing. Im going to be totally honest and tell you that this suit, no matter how nice it may be, is 100% wrong for you, IMO. Its not the cut or maker for you. Does it look passable off the inter webs? Surely. But if you want to grow and develop within your own skin, you shouldnt do it in someone elses (wide leg) suit.
post #36444 of 78722
I may be wrong but I'm afraid that I'd have to respectfully disagree with you Spoo. Nonetheless I do appreciate your feedback though. There are too many people in this world, it is nearly impossible for me to dress to make all of them happy. I am content in all aspect and to me that is important at most. Thank you again Spoo.
post #36445 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccimus View Post

I think the suit is quite right. Will be a very nice vintage look if he can change the shoes as you suggested.

 

needs chelsea boots and jarvis cocker glasses for the labelking look...

post #36446 of 78722
When did this thread get so fkin NICE? biggrin.gif
post #36447 of 78722
Success at the fashion party.

Edited by PTWilliams - 9/25/12 at 1:25am
post #36448 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

When did this thread get so fkin NICE? biggrin.gif

when j, told people, that if they continued to behave like gutter-dwelling-dickweeds, they would be timed out. thats when. smile.gif
post #36449 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Happy Friday girls..



+1, SF needs a like button

post #36450 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaaPanf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Happy Friday girls..
premiered 25th of march 2011 (Click to show)




 

+1, SF needs a like button

 

 

next time you want to share your approval of an outfit from 2011 with us, simply use the thumbs up (or like) button right left to the reply button.

 

welcome to styleforum.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III