Truly, one of your best! Those shoes are amazing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2417post #36241 of 787219/19/12 at 5:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36242 of 787219/19/12 at 5:24pmNothing compared to some of the incredible looks you guys pull off but here's today's. I know many frown on wearing a suit with no tie but a suit and tie would be a bit too formal for most of my work days.
Kent Wang MTM shirt
Kent Wang pocket square
Banana Republic socks
Dirty mirror courtesy of my 3 year old sonpost #36243 of 787219/19/12 at 5:30pm
Thanks, Frank just reworked it, and I'm pretty happy with the improved fit. As far as count, 12 sport coats with one in the works for the spring/summer, 7 suits (of which 5, maybe 6, are blazer suits, including this one, which I'm sure I'll catch shit for), one overcoat with another to be ready by Halloween, and about 20 pants give or take a few. I'm pretty happy with what I have and will likely only add one major piece each spring and one each winter fall for the foreseeable future.post #36244 of 787219/19/12 at 5:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Thanks, Frank just reworked it, and I'm pretty happy with the improved fit. As far as count, 12 sport coats with one in the works for the spring/summer, 7 suits (of which 5, maybe 6, are blazer suits, including this one, which I'm sure I'll catch shit for), one overcoat with another to be ready by Halloween, and about 20 pants give or take a few. I'm pretty happy with what I have and will likely only add one major piece each spring and one each winter fall for the foreseeable future.
Damb, I shoulda stayed in ED.post #36245 of 787219/19/12 at 6:30pmpost #36246 of 787219/19/12 at 6:45pm
As always, Victor entertains and instructs us with so many interesting details: the blue checked shirt paired with the chocolate knit tie, the stitching on the lapel keyhole, the pic stitch on the lapel, the links, the sassy PS with the blue stitch border.post #36247 of 787219/19/12 at 7:17pmpost #36248 of 787219/19/12 at 7:36pmpost #36249 of 787219/19/12 at 10:19pmpost #36250 of 787219/20/12 at 12:16amQuote:
IMO this is the best fitting jacket I've seen on you so far. Perhaps a tad long, but the draped chest and reduced waist suppression work very well...post #36251 of 787219/20/12 at 1:07ampost #36252 of 787219/20/12 at 1:41ampost #36253 of 787219/20/12 at 2:00am
If you wonder why I only buy vintage and second hand clothes, please read this book, Dana Thomas; Deluxe - How Luxery lost its Luster, and you´ll understand. The price of a luxery brand and the quality do not meet. We pay their advertising, not their taylors. This is a Gucci jacket. It may have cost a thousand dollars or more. I bouhgt it cheap, under a hundered dollars. The fabric is nice and expensive. But the facturing? Probably made in a low cost factory somewhere in Asia. I do not want to pay 10 times the production cost just for a certain brand. I prefere real quality, i.e. before 1965post #36254 of 787219/20/12 at 2:57amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Anden
"Very good + very interesting"
"Great shoulders on that."
"love the tie, did your class sizes decrease this fall that you can dress up again! i like!"
"Not a huge fan of the tie - too institutional, I guess. But the suit is great."
Thanks fellas. Citan, was at 41 last year, this year down to 29...post #36255 of 787219/20/12 at 4:22amOff to see the Warhol show at the Met this evening.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - BB GF
Tie - Charvet
PS - Ashear (I think - it's older than God)
Cufflinks - London Badge & Button Co.
Shoes - Bexley, Paris
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 36 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 43 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 52 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan