Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2403post #36031 of 787209/15/12 at 10:07amViktor has been attacked personally several times. There is no double standard here, he is simply along with Spoo the most interesting regular contributor to this thread at the moment. It makes no sense to compare either to posters, who have left MC or the whole StyFo for good.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #36032 of 787209/15/12 at 12:36pmpost #36033 of 787209/15/12 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
Most of whom no longer post fits here, unfortunately. And I don't think many people who know what they are talking about are claiming that Victor is 'better' than any of those posters. Why not concentrate on giving the kind of feedback you think is useful to whoever deserves it and posting some great fits yourself (i.e. leading by example), rather than being negative?
I try to give as much feedback as possible, both to regular and newer members.
I'd like to share fits of mine but I do neither posses the clothes nor the camera to do so, but I have never stated differently.
I think I/we should listen to Victor and bring this thread back to the discussion about style, I apologise for the distraction.post #36034 of 787209/15/12 at 12:57pmHad a few clients this morning then an outdoor party so went a little more casual. Wanted to give a fall element to my royal blue SC so I went with new caramel chinos I got from J.Crew. Obviously the quality is not as good as something from epaulet or howard yount, but the fit on the new 484 chinos is perfect in the seat and waist for me and tapers very nicely without being skinny and decent on sale for price. I got them in some non staple colors for fun in the fall (rust, caramel, purple, light blue). Outdoor pictures capture color best
Edit: wore brown suede BB peal chukkas
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Citan1145 - 9/15/12 at 1:21pmpost #36035 of 787209/15/12 at 1:06pmThe chest looks very pronounced in the mirror shot but that might be due to the angle the picture was taken.
The jacket's sleeves seem long, we can't see the shirt's cuffs.
I love the colour of your pants and the triple patch pocket jacket!
The shirt is great as well, even though I don't like non BD collars worn without a tie.
What kind of shoes were you wearing?post #36036 of 787209/15/12 at 1:22pmQuote:Recently, I wore only summer jackets and suits.All are made from mixtures of fabric linen / silk / wool. And, by definition, are not strict, and summer casual variants.Therefore, a choice of pockets, as less formal.On the subject of shoes: as these all Summer suit casual fabric linen / silk / wool, the use of Loafers, which is predominantly a summer footwear - it seems very appropriate.Collars on shirts, yes, I totally agree that they are not very good, but what the hell, I can not alter a 100 my sewed shirts!It is very expensive and generally lazy.Here are the new shirts will be booking with the corrected collar.Thank you for helping me to understand this question, guys!As for my style - I think I need a lot more work and learn that it was good.I very much do not understand and try to learn what to understand.To do this, it takes years and years.Thanks a lot, guys, what can I learn from your example and your comments.Thanks to you, I'm starting to understand a little.And I am happy that I can continue to learn from people on this board!I consider myself weak newcomers in a style that is still much to understand and learn.I am very far from just up to the "not bad" and even further to "good."And as to the knowledge of the truth at all an abyss.And I'm glad you told me to what I have shortcomings and failures. It helps me to become better.Thank you again guys!My teachers.My friends.My colleagues.Spasibo!!!post #36037 of 787209/15/12 at 1:30pmpost #36038 of 787209/15/12 at 1:43pmI am surprised no one has mentioned SOS's trousers ... IMO the jacket is pretty good but the drape on the pants could be a lot better. Those lines are a clear sign of poor drape. I think SOS is slightly bow legged and that wasn't factored in by the cutter. Just a thought ... Could be wrong about the bowleggedness ...post #36039 of 787209/15/12 at 3:33pmQuote:
maybe its a tomy browne lolpost #36040 of 787209/15/12 at 4:08pm
Love this time of year, starting to feel a snap in the air...darker, richer colors and hardier fabrics.
Obligatory shitty iPhone bathroom pic but at least it's MY bathroom; front quarter caught on the shirt placket
SC: RL Made in Canada
PS: no idea, ex gf said she got it from a nannying gig with the Rockefellers as a yout
Shirt: Vintage Etro
Tie: Vintage Rooster(retailers tag says Bowdoin Pharmacy, Kennebunk, Maine)
Trousers: Banana Republic
Shoes: Bostonian shell cordovan shortwingspost #36041 of 787209/15/12 at 5:32pm
what a great cloth on that jacket LayeredPlayer- prefer this to a more contrasty overcheckQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
I think you will find that the collar issue has been pointed out to Victor several times by different people, and he has already agreed with the criticism. You don't expect him to have a whole new wardrobe of shirts made immediately, do you? I don't like his obsession with loafers and I've told him too - but most of the forum love loafers... I don't agree with your comments on colour and pattern - I think he generally has a commitment to a certain kind of look which he pursues with rigour and is mostly successful. I admire that much more than whether he conforms to any external rules. And finally, just because someone gives a thumbs-up doesn't mean that they approve of everything - it's about whether the post is helpful and/or interesting as much as anything else.
As for the rest of you comments, some seem to be more about your own prejudices and frustrations. Why do you feel the need to post attacking a particular member and one who makes decent contributions at that? What relevance is it that he is a 'Russian businessman'? Why is bad that he has a tailor, or even that he is friends with one - surely, that's what all of us want?
If you have criticisms about specific fits, just make them, but please don't start some kind of campaign against an individual.
I didn't read Louis' comments as an 'attack' so much as a bit of eye-rolling and frustration at a group dynamic. IIRC Louis began his post with a bunch of positive stuff about Victor- trying not to play the man. Call me crazy but I'm sure I've occasionally seen popular guys get a ton of thumbs for second-rate fits when a few honest 'What were u thinking, man? That's just wrong!' comments would have been in order. Meanwhile some good fits are overlooked because the poasters are nobodies.... 'What's his post count? time here? how've people responded b4? who's he talk with? how are they rated ?'' etc etc Wasn't that Louis' point? High school + better clothes. brutal sometimes, mostly reasonable.Quote:Originally Posted by VictorSFreturn
As for my style - I think I need a lot more work and learn that it was good.I very much do not understand and try to learn what to understand.To do this, it takes years and years.Thanks a lot, guys, what can I learn from your example and your comments.Thanks to you, I'm starting to understand a little.And I am happy that I can continue to learn from people on this board!I consider myself weak newcomers in a style that is still much to understand and learn.I am very far from just up to the "not bad" and even further to "good."And as to the knowledge of the truth at all an abyss.And I'm glad you told me to what I have shortcomings and failures. It helps me to become better.Thank you again guys!My teachers.My friends.My colleagues.Spasibo!!!
Spasibo, guy Youre a sport
Edited by Pliny - 9/15/12 at 7:58pmpost #36042 of 787209/15/12 at 7:40pmpost #36043 of 787209/15/12 at 8:50pmpost #36044 of 787209/15/12 at 9:32pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Foo shops for a Japanese knife 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 2 minutes ago
- › Suit Jacket fit critique 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Herringbone Sydney suit 38R 10 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories