or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2401  

post #36001 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSFreturn View Post

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wonderfull look overall Victor-  couple things tho-  collar points need to be broader.  This collar just isn't right for the jacket. and the PS-  if that's linen I think it should be crisp and flat. Much sharper.  

post #36002 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

If only you'd got some socks too...

 

This no socks and slippers with a suit thing...it's going to pass...never confuse fashion with style, and this is VILE!


+1
post #36003 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

It was minor gale out here today, hence the rather rumpled look.

This coat looks a tad short and a bit too large in the shoulders. The end result is the appearance of boxiness.

After seeing the photo I have officially decided to retire the SC in question. Too bad, because I really like the fabric .....
post #36004 of 78724

Southernstyle, those pics are suits with velvet slippers without socks. That is pretty normal to wear, then loafers. 

post #36005 of 78724
Lattanzi...hmmm....thought the socks complimented the shoes a bit more than the picture shows...
img0015su.jpg
post #36006 of 78724

Nothing wrong with slippers.  But loafers and no socks...a fad.  The thing is, even if you like lounging about in cafes in sockless personalised slippers (or loafers), that's not how this ensemble is working.  You're 1. at work and 2. wearing a peaked three piece pin stripe.  Rule breaking is fine, but it should be for a good reason of looking nice!  Your customers must thing you stepped in shit on the way to work and this is the emergency cover :p

 

Anyway, I'll stop persecuting your feet, none of my business.  But I still like the suit - very much!

post #36007 of 78724

 

More vintage: A suit from the 1950´s from Tiger Kläder. I was really dirty smelled ugly before I washed it in water. The tie is a second hand Christian Dior

post #36008 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


After seeing the photo I have officially decided to retire the SC in question. Too bad, because I really like the fabric .....

 

 If you can have the sleeves let out it would be wearable. Kind of fashion forward due to shortness, but wearable.

post #36009 of 78724

Beautiful jacket  Who make this grey windowpane?
 

post #36010 of 78724
Regarding socks, I think I might have a solution that will satisfy everyone.

post #36011 of 78724
Gentlemen, you need to get your noses out of Victor's ass.

Yes, he is a well dressed man.
Yes, I do enjoy his boundless wardrobe just as much as everybody else in this forum.
Yes, I do like him because he is commited enough to overcome his given language barrier and communicate with us through a translator and especially because he takes time to comment/thumb up on other peoples' outfits and also because he generally comes off as a nice guy.

Yet, if he wouldn't be an obviously well off Russian businessman that made friends with his tailor that closely that he is actually photographed professionally by him on a daily basis, all off you wouldn't be as heads over heels for him as you are right now.
Looking at his outfits, there are several things which even a small timer and forum noob like myself is able to observe:
Unusual and unflattering wrinkles around most of his jackets' shoulders, shirt collars that don't reach under his jacket, wrinkles around his jackets' buttoning points, sometimes at least subjectively clashing colors or at least pairings which, to put it with words of Manton, make the outfit look 'washed out', poverty of contrast due to lack of different visible/distinguishable patterns/textures, spreez like unbuttoned sleeve buttons etc.
Everybody but Victor would get shit or ignorance for details like that, yet even people who post just as regulary and with at least as much taste, think ColdEyedPugilist, upr_crust, NOBD and Spoo, need to rock an impeccable outfit to receive at best half as much thumb ups as Victor gets for every single entry.
Members who try just as hard but simply don't have as great means not even taken into consideration.
Guys, I appeal to all of you not to apply double standards to single members!
Don't let this forum turn into a stage of only very few high gloss posterboys which are admired without sceptisism.
Notice the small guys as well, give them praise for when they improve or do things right, we can learn from it just as much and it would make this forum a more diverse and overall nicer place.
post #36012 of 78724
puzzled.gif

He gets so much praise because:

1) His stuff is perfectly tailored, always clean and shiny.
2) His ensembles are often simple and effective. But even with more complexity it always works great together.
3) His photos are well done, showing all the interesting details and showing off most angles of his outfit.
4) He is in great shape.
5) He has his own style.

Seems quite legit to me.
post #36013 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

puzzled.gif
He gets so much praise because:
1) His stuff is perfectly tailored, always clean and shiny.
2) His ensembles are often simple and effective. But even with more complexity it always works great together.
3) His photos are well done, showing all the interesting details and showing off most angles of his outfit.
4) He is in great shape.
5) He has his own style.
Seems quite legit to me.

+ 999

post #36014 of 78724

Albert H: that's some fearsome cloth; like it. :)

 

 

(Acecow - yes, that's the equivalency in my mind too!)

 

Louis:

 

I don't know anything about this Victor dude, I'm new here, except that he's clearly trying very hard.  I don't know if I'd want to put the guy down though - I mean, having someone take pictures of you to impress strangers on the internet is a bit odd, but he's hardly the only one!  Some I guess are in the men's attire business and promoting themselves as part of their personal brand, others are maybe just seeking validation through an online alter ego and will never get a girlfriend.  But let's face it, we're all putting up pictures or details of our own wardrobes, with varying degrees of vanity!

 

Personally, I learn a lot from this place, which is why I eventually joined, to be able to ask questions about stuff I like.  But considering this place is all about appearances and image, it's a bit off to get onto a guy for appearing to take himself a bit too seriously - there are plenty of others in that category too, so to turn your point around, why pick on this one?  But on the other hand, I agree with your latter point: there are a lot of very elegant people on here who stick their heads above the parapet and expose themselves to ridicule, from schoolteachers to shop assistants.  They all deserve equivalent admiration or abuse as appropriate!

 

P.S. Acecow: what on earth has someone's body shape or photography resources got to do with his sartorial elegance?  Get a room! :p

post #36015 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Gentlemen, you need to get your noses out of Victor's ass.
Yes, he is a well dressed man.
Yes, I do enjoy his boundless wardrobe just as much as everybody else in this forum.
Yes, I do like him because he is commited enough to overcome his given language barrier and communicate with us through a translator and especially because he takes time to comment/thumb up on other peoples' outfits and also because he generally comes off as a nice guy.
Yet, if he wouldn't be an obviously well off Russian businessman that made friends with his tailor that closely that he is actually photographed professionally by him on a daily basis, all off you wouldn't be as heads over heels for him as you are right now.
Looking at his outfits, there are several things which even a small timer and forum noob like myself is able to observe:
Unusual and unflattering wrinkles around most of his jackets' shoulders, shirt collars that don't reach under his jacket, wrinkles around his jackets' buttoning points, sometimes at least subjectively clashing colors or at least pairings which, to put it with words of Manton, make the outfit look 'washed out', poverty of contrast due to lack of different visible/distinguishable patterns/textures, spreez like unbuttoned sleeve buttons etc.
Everybody but Victor would get shit or ignorance for details like that, yet even people who post just as regulary and with at least as much taste, think ColdEyedPugilist, upr_crust, NOBD and Spoo, need to rock an impeccable outfit to receive at best half as much thumb ups as Victor gets for every single entry.
Members who try just as hard but simply don't have as great means not even taken into consideration.
Guys, I appeal to all of you not to apply double standards to single members!
Don't let this forum turn into a stage of only very few high gloss posterboys which are admired without sceptisism.
Notice the small guys as well, give them praise for when they improve or do things right, we can learn from it just as much and it would make this forum a more diverse and overall nicer place.

Rustled-my-Jimmies-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1323.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III