For a classic style - maybe this variant too bold. But for casual summer style - think it is appropriate to push the different shades of brown in bold combinations.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2390post #35836 of 787219/12/12 at 11:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35837 of 787219/12/12 at 11:36ampost #35838 of 787219/12/12 at 11:43ampost #35839 of 787219/12/12 at 12:23pm
Thanks for the thumbs, people - surprising because I have to say I wasn't expecting much with what amounts to my standard kind of work get-up. Someone asked about the boots - they are Loake 1880 Burfords. I would say they are solid and well-made - but handsome rather than elegant - and they are certainly slightly wider than average. They've acquired the look they have largely because, over two years, I have polished using a tan creme all over first and then a red creme on the toe caps only. I think if I was going to buy a pair again, I would prefer a version with the rubber soles simply because it's in the wetter and cooler times of the year that I want to wear these. However the Bedales (which are similar but have a rubber sole) are on an even wider last.post #35840 of 787219/12/12 at 12:32pmQuote:
I agree, but I really like the curve that Victor gets to his collars. I don't know how he does this but I have been experimenting with bending my metal collar stays into a curve that goes round and down then flares out, which helps to give the collar a more pleasing shape than a simple straight line. However, in order the have the points still tuck under the jacket lapels, the collars have to be longer, and many of mine just aren't long enough to tuck under and have this pleasing curve so you have to chose one or the other (or have an entire new wardrobe of shirts made...).post #35841 of 787219/12/12 at 12:39pmYou get this curve by not wearing collar stays. I never do anymore. When the ends go under the collar it holds the arc into place rather than having the points bend inwards. Look at mafoofan, manton, spoopoker, gdl and so on.
It is a hard thing to achieve with certain body types and such. I don't understand the physics behind it, but it seems that Spoo wears a lot of borrelli and achieves this, however whenever I wore a borrelli shirt the collar looked wimpy. I have only been able to achieve it through bespoke shirts.post #35842 of 787219/12/12 at 12:40pmQuote:
I think this is the key point and I don't think Victor will have any problem in this regard...
And yes, I think, after my experiments with collar stays, I am gradually coming to the same conclusion as you.
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 9/12/12 at 1:25pmpost #35843 of 787219/12/12 at 1:04pmpost #35844 of 787219/12/12 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
This pose and angle kinda reminds me of Mr. upr_crust's
I think this would have looked better with grey pants (in a shade darker than the coat's). The jacket is quite nice!post #35845 of 787219/12/12 at 2:40pmHoldfast
"sounds like you're having a good time!"
Thank you! I am. Coming to London for 3-4 days. Would you care to suggest something? Thank you!
"Very nice! I like your style"
Spasibo. Do vashego mne ne dorasti, boyus, no ot etogo esche priyatnee!Taking a break from Paris for a few days and will visit London with my girlfriend. I was hoping some of the London members would recommend some places to see and cafes to visit that won't break my bank eating 3 meals a day for 4 days. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd also be happy to meet someone for an afternoon cup of tea.post #35846 of 787219/12/12 at 2:46pmpost #35847 of 787219/12/12 at 2:53pm
1. Love the jacket - weird lapels though; nice tie too. Maybe not together? White shirt, blue-ish tie might lift the whole thing maybe. You don't need the tie and shoes to be brown; the shoes bring out the browns in the jacket enough to balance without the tie.
2. Your head is on upside down*
*(old ones are the best ones; sorry)post #35848 of 787219/12/12 at 3:04pmpost #35849 of 787219/12/12 at 3:18pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 9 minutes ago
- › What's this lapel thing? 13 minutes ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 16 minutes ago
- › Definitive Exotic Hide Identification Thread: Post your Hippo,... 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...