Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2390
Styleforum Top Picks
I agree, but in my opinion, when pairing different colours they should not clash.
Different well paired colours > monochromous colours > poorly paired colours
Not saying the colours you chose match poorly but they do clash to MY eye.
Thanks for the thumbs, people - surprising because I have to say I wasn't expecting much with what amounts to my standard kind of work get-up. Someone asked about the boots - they are Loake 1880 Burfords. I would say they are solid and well-made - but handsome rather than elegant - and they are certainly slightly wider than average. They've acquired the look they have largely because, over two years, I have polished using a tan creme all over first and then a red creme on the toe caps only. I think if I was going to buy a pair again, I would prefer a version with the rubber soles simply because it's in the wetter and cooler times of the year that I want to wear these. However the Bedales (which are similar but have a rubber sole) are on an even wider last.
I agree, but I really like the curve that Victor gets to his collars. I don't know how he does this but I have been experimenting with bending my metal collar stays into a curve that goes round and down then flares out, which helps to give the collar a more pleasing shape than a simple straight line. However, in order the have the points still tuck under the jacket lapels, the collars have to be longer, and many of mine just aren't long enough to tuck under and have this pleasing curve so you have to chose one or the other (or have an entire new wardrobe of shirts made...).
It is a hard thing to achieve with certain body types and such. I don't understand the physics behind it, but it seems that Spoo wears a lot of borrelli and achieves this, however whenever I wore a borrelli shirt the collar looked wimpy. I have only been able to achieve it through bespoke shirts.
I think this is the key point and I don't think Victor will have any problem in this regard...
And yes, I think, after my experiments with collar stays, I am gradually coming to the same conclusion as you.
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 9/12/12 at 1:25pm
"sounds like you're having a good time!"
Thank you! I am. Coming to London for 3-4 days. Would you care to suggest something? Thank you!
"Very nice! I like your style"
Spasibo. Do vashego mne ne dorasti, boyus, no ot etogo esche priyatnee!
1. Love the jacket - weird lapels though; nice tie too. Maybe not together? White shirt, blue-ish tie might lift the whole thing maybe. You don't need the tie and shoes to be brown; the shoes bring out the browns in the jacket enough to balance without the tie.
2. Your head is on upside down*
*(old ones are the best ones; sorry)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 1 minute ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 2 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official flannel suit appreciation thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw