For a classic style - maybe this variant too bold. But for casual summer style - think it is appropriate to push the different shades of brown in bold combinations.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2390post #35836 of 787199/12/12 at 11:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35837 of 787199/12/12 at 11:36ampost #35838 of 787199/12/12 at 11:43ampost #35839 of 787199/12/12 at 12:23pm
Thanks for the thumbs, people - surprising because I have to say I wasn't expecting much with what amounts to my standard kind of work get-up. Someone asked about the boots - they are Loake 1880 Burfords. I would say they are solid and well-made - but handsome rather than elegant - and they are certainly slightly wider than average. They've acquired the look they have largely because, over two years, I have polished using a tan creme all over first and then a red creme on the toe caps only. I think if I was going to buy a pair again, I would prefer a version with the rubber soles simply because it's in the wetter and cooler times of the year that I want to wear these. However the Bedales (which are similar but have a rubber sole) are on an even wider last.post #35840 of 787199/12/12 at 12:32pmQuote:
I agree, but I really like the curve that Victor gets to his collars. I don't know how he does this but I have been experimenting with bending my metal collar stays into a curve that goes round and down then flares out, which helps to give the collar a more pleasing shape than a simple straight line. However, in order the have the points still tuck under the jacket lapels, the collars have to be longer, and many of mine just aren't long enough to tuck under and have this pleasing curve so you have to chose one or the other (or have an entire new wardrobe of shirts made...).post #35841 of 787199/12/12 at 12:39pmYou get this curve by not wearing collar stays. I never do anymore. When the ends go under the collar it holds the arc into place rather than having the points bend inwards. Look at mafoofan, manton, spoopoker, gdl and so on.
It is a hard thing to achieve with certain body types and such. I don't understand the physics behind it, but it seems that Spoo wears a lot of borrelli and achieves this, however whenever I wore a borrelli shirt the collar looked wimpy. I have only been able to achieve it through bespoke shirts.post #35842 of 787199/12/12 at 12:40pmQuote:
I think this is the key point and I don't think Victor will have any problem in this regard...
And yes, I think, after my experiments with collar stays, I am gradually coming to the same conclusion as you.
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 9/12/12 at 1:25pmpost #35843 of 787199/12/12 at 1:04pmpost #35844 of 787199/12/12 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
This pose and angle kinda reminds me of Mr. upr_crust's
I think this would have looked better with grey pants (in a shade darker than the coat's). The jacket is quite nice!post #35845 of 787199/12/12 at 2:40pmHoldfast
"sounds like you're having a good time!"
Thank you! I am. Coming to London for 3-4 days. Would you care to suggest something? Thank you!
"Very nice! I like your style"
Spasibo. Do vashego mne ne dorasti, boyus, no ot etogo esche priyatnee!Taking a break from Paris for a few days and will visit London with my girlfriend. I was hoping some of the London members would recommend some places to see and cafes to visit that won't break my bank eating 3 meals a day for 4 days. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd also be happy to meet someone for an afternoon cup of tea.post #35846 of 787199/12/12 at 2:46pmpost #35847 of 787199/12/12 at 2:53pm
1. Love the jacket - weird lapels though; nice tie too. Maybe not together? White shirt, blue-ish tie might lift the whole thing maybe. You don't need the tie and shoes to be brown; the shoes bring out the browns in the jacket enough to balance without the tie.
2. Your head is on upside down*
*(old ones are the best ones; sorry)post #35848 of 787199/12/12 at 3:04pmpost #35849 of 787199/12/12 at 3:18pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 second ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 seconds ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 16 seconds ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...