Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2384post #35746 of 787219/10/12 at 8:55pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35747 of 787219/10/12 at 9:12pmpost #35748 of 787219/10/12 at 10:44pmpost #35749 of 787219/11/12 at 12:01ampost #35750 of 787219/11/12 at 12:31ampost #35751 of 787219/11/12 at 3:58ampost #35752 of 787219/11/12 at 4:48amQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
The Uniqlo jacket is fine for casual use, but is not up to par with your CBD or standard suit looks that are in this thread, which is probably why it was questioned in the first place. Your pic says young/hipster more than banker/lawyer. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but they are two different looks. Trying to "dress up" a casual outfit with a tie is tougher. You may have been able to achieve a better look with just the PS perhaps.
Yeah, I completely understand where you're coming from and agree with you totally. It's tough trying to even compete with some of the outfits here as I really get very little, if any opportunity to dress up smartly. So when I try to pair my ties with outfits I struggle! I really should have not worn a tie but I wanted to try it out as I haven't worn that one yet.
Cheers Nickpost #35753 of 787219/11/12 at 6:16ampost #35754 of 787219/11/12 at 6:16ampost #35755 of 787219/11/12 at 6:19am
Since someone was complaining about the lack of 'fit-pics', I tried to combine the crap robo-pose with one in which you can actually see the fabrics etc. Shoe pic is really for those on the 'Cool Shoes, Paraphenalia and Desiderata" thread who spotted these in my size on ebay...
Suit: a date uncertain vintage suit, made in West Germany from Italian fabric (Reda Regal, which is really beautiful and the grey is rather more blue-grey IRL, and the reason I bought the suit) for a minor local UK department store, that I had altered (wrinkles on trousers are merely the result of me having to walk backwards quickly in time for the shot, sleeve length is the English style (i.e. approximately the same as the shirt sleeve length) - but I may change them further;
CT Black Label shirt;
Carouzos tie and vintage tiebar (thanks, Dave Davenport!);
C&J for PRL dark brown suede monks (+boring socks).
No PS - I am actually wearing squares less and less these days.post #35756 of 787219/11/12 at 6:31ampost #35757 of 787219/11/12 at 6:36ampost #35758 of 787219/11/12 at 6:38ampost #35759 of 787219/11/12 at 6:41ampost #35760 of 787219/11/12 at 6:42am
Yes, well-spotted, you two. Not by that much, but enough to change the balance a little. IRL, you really don't notice, but of course with a robo-pose, you do. I guess I could have the flaps of the pockets removed, which would draw less attention to the shortening - actually just tucking them in does the trick.
This is a general problem for me right now. I am gradually converting to having everything made bespoke but it takes time and money (or if you don't want it to take time, you have to have a lot more money). So in the meantime, rather than waste that money I need to save for bespoke, I buy the occasional second-hand pieces in decent fabrics that have a good general overall fit, and with some alterations will do for now, even if they are not perfect. That's life.
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 9/11/12 at 7:17am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 10 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 15 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 15 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 18 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 20 minutes ago
- › Singapore tailors 2015 thread 20 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...