Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2382
Styleforum Top Picks
Yeah, I just looked again, I really was wearing the trousers low! I don't think the uber shittyness of my iphone pics helps, but yeah the jacket is too short and tight, I know this but its just sort of a fling on and forget about it sorta thing that sees me through the summer. It was only £50 but uniqlo annoyingly changed the size and shape of this jacket from last year, I have it in blue in the same size and it fits much better, (I think)
I really should have just sent this one back to be honest I'm still learning what works and what doesn't! But I appreciate the constructive criticism.
The Uniqlo jacket is fine for casual use, but is not up to par with your CBD or standard suit looks that are in this thread, which is probably why it was questioned in the first place. Your pic says young/hipster more than banker/lawyer. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but they are two different looks. Trying to "dress up" a casual outfit with a tie is tougher. You may have been able to achieve a better look with just the PS perhaps.
Edited by CousinDonuts - 9/10/12 at 11:58am
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What?!!? How has nobody brought this up???? Ok, picture of the Rolls. If you don't have a Rolls and you are wearing that shirt you're kind of a dick. Just keeping it real.
Suit - BB
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Shoes - BB Peals
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Wow everything looks very nice. I think check suits your personality better
(Don't quite like shoes)
I am no expert in washing but this is what I have heard from Electrolux best expert:
Wool can stand really high temperature in water if is not tumbeled or stired. The problem is the movment, not the temperature. In modern washing machines for hoseholds there is a program for wool wash 30 degree Celcius. You can wash a suite there without shrinking. The problem is to get it ironed and flat after the washing. For that you need professional help.
BUT! This work with clothes that are 100 % sewn and without glue inside. Today even the most exclusive brands cut costs and use glue for the inside of their jackets. You must be absolutely sure, otherwise the cloth may get boubles and wrinkles. I should not even trust Zegna.
The method Electrolux or Wascator Lagoon (earlier called Aqua Cleen) is used by some dry cleaners. They can be hard to find. In a city of Stockholms size (over 1 million) I´ve found one washer so far, but there should be a few more.
My experience from leaving the suit to a professional washer is: (Remember: It is a suit from the 1950´s, really dirty, with strong odour and worn)
1. Now it is really clean and the ugly smell is totally gone. No shrinking.
2. But also small holes and wear appeard. It had earlier (after dry clean twice) been hidden and fixed under the dirt, but now I have to repair some small damages with a yarn.
Thanks for the reply. My jacket is not that old. I bought it off of Ebay. It smells funny but I think I can get the smell off by using Fabreeze.
Your method would be a last resort.
I respectfully disagree. The pose for my full-length shot today has a bit too much contrapposto in it (my left shoulder is out of kilter with my right), which doesn't flatter the suit (or me, for that matter), but the Phineas cut, overall, is fine for me. The non-horizontal lie of the hem of the skirt of the jacket is not my favorite aspect of this suit, but its effect is much subdued simply by unbuttoning the jacket.
I think it looks good on you as do all of your outfits.
Keep on rockin'!
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 59 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 2 minutes ago
- › AMAZING TOJ EXCHANGE THREAD (Don't sell for a loss. Trade for... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw