or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2380  

post #35686 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

Last days of S/S wear
 

 

Unusually for you, EFV, I am going to be a little critical! I am not sure tie and shirt are the best collar combination here, and something is not quite right about the play between the trousers and jacket but I am not sure what exactly - it's just bothering me. (Also, I happen to think your hair looks better a bit shorter, although that's your choice...)

post #35687 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

 What strikes me most is how low you were wearing your pants (emphasized by the shortness of the jacket). I'm not against low rise on lean guys, but that was excessive...

Yeah, I just looked again, I really was wearing the trousers low! I don't think the uber shittyness of my iphone pics helps, but yeah the jacket is too short and tight, I know this but its just sort of a fling on and forget about it sorta thing that sees me through the summer. It was only £50 but uniqlo annoyingly changed the size and shape of this jacket from last year, I have it in blue in the same size and it fits much better, (I think)
party3.jpg
I really should have just sent this one back to be honest frown.gif I'm still learning what works and what doesn't! But I appreciate the constructive criticism.

Cheers Nick
post #35688 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

Unusually for you, EFV, I am going to be a little critical! I am not sure tie and shirt are the best collar combination here, and something is not quite right about the play between the trousers and jacket but I am not sure what exactly - it's just bothering me. (Also, I happen to think your hair looks better a bit shorter, although that's your choice...)
Thanks for the input. I agree about the collar, it would have worked better with a slightly softer collar. I do think the jacket and pants work great colour wise though. The jacket is sand coloured and the pants are very light grey, almost white. As for the hair, I'm enjoying it while I still can. I'm not getting younger and it's not getting thicker wink.gif
post #35689 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

Thanks for the input. I agree about the collar, it would have worked better with a slightly softer collar. I do think the jacket and pants work great colour wise though. The jacket is sand coloured and the pants are very light grey, almost white. As for the hair, I'm enjoying it while I still can. I'm not getting younger and it's not getting thicker wink.gif

I thought about saying something as well, because I agree that your hair looks better shorter, but then I thought about how much shit I've gotten about my hair, how the hair is totally independent of the clothes, and how I'm going to go ahead and wear my hair however I want anyway, so I don't feel that I or any one can begrudge you whatever locks you choose to maintain.
post #35690 of 78722
I would lie if I said that my fiancée's opinion on the matter didn't come into play. I do prefer it slightly more groomed, but she likes it like this. Since I don't really care all that much, I oblige.
post #35691 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

I would lie if I said that my fiancée's opinion on the matter didn't come into play. I do prefer it slightly more groomed, but she likes it like this. Since I don't really care all that much, I oblige.


The opinion of some random guys on an Internet forum versus the opinion of your lovely fiancée... it's not a very difficult choice! smile.gif

post #35692 of 78722
post #35693 of 78722
Bravo Erik!
post #35694 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovan View Post

It looks much better!

+1. Internet rules made up about style shouldn't always be followed to the T but adapted for the setting.
post #35695 of 78722

On holiday tomorrow ... so no suits for a week.

 

 

 

 

 

Fabric detail (Click to show)

post #35696 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

The shoulders look great. Who makes it?

Samuelsohn MTM "rugby" model
post #35697 of 78722
Does anyone know if Panta has a promo code running around SF?
post #35698 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Does anyone know if Panta has a promo code running around SF?

I dont think so but here is a thread with some "Clearance ties"
http://www.styleforum.net/t/314295/panta-6-fold-grenadine-ties-on-clearance-for-89-each-shipped
post #35699 of 78722
Thank you, I was interested in a pair of pants, I don't think they'll make it to clearance
post #35700 of 78722

Blue Monday. Greetings gentlemen. This is how I started my week with a dark stripes bespoke suit, Country Road - white shirt shirt, no name knitted tie, tie-pin and white PS. Adeos amigos

 


Edited by Billionairef - 9/10/12 at 1:49am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III