The shoulders look great. Who makes it?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2378post #35656 of 787229/7/12 at 3:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35657 of 787229/7/12 at 4:05pmpost #35658 of 787229/7/12 at 4:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Got a Galaxy S2, so my pics are probably going to be a little better from now on... not particularly this one though.
Same tie as a couple days ago. I really need some new cashmere ones. Shirt is Charles Tyrwhitt, tie is Lester (decent spanish brand) and PS is E.G. Cappelli. Coat is el cheapo from department store (no synthetics on the outer shell, though).
The new Cappelii looks the chit!post #35659 of 787229/7/12 at 4:34pmpost #35660 of 787229/7/12 at 4:37pmpost #35661 of 787229/7/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
No it doesn't, Foo's knot is perfect and suits him, you just made it worse.post #35662 of 787229/7/12 at 5:10pmpost #35663 of 787229/7/12 at 5:13pmpost #35664 of 787229/7/12 at 5:24pmQuote:"Doesn't" what? I just said that I liked it better.
How much worse did I make it? If the altered image had been the image that he initially posted, would you have commented that the tie knot was too large?post #35665 of 787229/7/12 at 5:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by forexQuote:
No it doesn't, Foo's knot is perfect and suits him, you just made it worse.
I agree that the smaller knot is better looking.post #35666 of 787229/7/12 at 6:10pmQuote:
Photo itself is strong in compositional elements suited to the purpose, and I guess that’s why you chose it? - shallow depth of field and complementary colors blurred in the background draw the eye to you; perfect for a shot that’s all about the subject's clothes. Look-wise, the subtle mix of patterns and colors and the impromptu way you’ve thrown things together- messy collar, throttle-cinched knot (at the table?)and shy PS - is full-sprezz , yet the mix might have pleased the DOW- russet gold, leafy greens, earthy browns and a rosy overcheck on the tweed would IMO bee contrived and matchy but for the strong blue verticals of the shirt contrasting, balancing, anchoring the whole ensemble - makes me want to give it a go again, having abandoned busy and difficult 3 and 4 patterns in my own fit regimen for solids- which are usually more elegant, more bang for buck and harder to f--* up even if sometimes boring. Good 4 pattern combinations are scarce as rocking horse shit on SF, but this is exquisiteness IMHO. Selection-wise it’s m ore the spread collar than the tie I’d quibble with. Odds on that i-gents will look back in a decade and snigger at spreads the way we do at power shoulders, contrast collars and braces of the eighties or the ultra-fitted waists, flares and crazy lapels of the seventies (I hope so). But the spread thing is personal andneither here or there- this is still a fit that's harmonious, subtle, finely balanced, and to me stands out in this thread and any. Thx for making the effort
Edited by Pliny - 9/9/12 at 12:13ampost #35667 of 787229/7/12 at 7:23pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hey. Yeah i didnt quite like the shirt as well. I thought white would be better tho. That PS was about to fall off! I need to push it in more. Its just a OTR TM Lewin shirt. Got it for pretty cheap.post #35668 of 787229/7/12 at 8:58pmpost #35669 of 787229/7/12 at 10:57pmpost #35670 of 787229/7/12 at 11:14pmQuote:
Absolutely. Frankly, the fact that so many SFers fawn over Foo just because of who he is is sickening.Quote:
Much better. Good job.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › NMWA x Formosa GMTO Sport Coat: Operation Giacca, Oct 2014 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › LVC LEVI'S VINTAGE CLOTHING 1946 501 RIGID SELVEDGE DENIM JEANS... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...