I don't much care for Ant Honey's manner, but I think he's right about Foo's tie-knot. I love the collar and indeed everything else about Foo's look, however.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2378post #35656 of 787199/7/12 at 4:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35657 of 787199/7/12 at 4:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Got a Galaxy S2, so my pics are probably going to be a little better from now on... not particularly this one though.
Same tie as a couple days ago. I really need some new cashmere ones. Shirt is Charles Tyrwhitt, tie is Lester (decent spanish brand) and PS is E.G. Cappelli. Coat is el cheapo from department store (no synthetics on the outer shell, though).
The new Cappelii looks the chit!post #35658 of 787199/7/12 at 4:34pmpost #35659 of 787199/7/12 at 4:37pmpost #35660 of 787199/7/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
No it doesn't, Foo's knot is perfect and suits him, you just made it worse.post #35661 of 787199/7/12 at 5:10pmpost #35662 of 787199/7/12 at 5:13pmpost #35663 of 787199/7/12 at 5:24pmQuote:"Doesn't" what? I just said that I liked it better.
How much worse did I make it? If the altered image had been the image that he initially posted, would you have commented that the tie knot was too large?post #35664 of 787199/7/12 at 5:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by forexQuote:
No it doesn't, Foo's knot is perfect and suits him, you just made it worse.
I agree that the smaller knot is better looking.post #35665 of 787199/7/12 at 6:10pmQuote:
Photo itself is strong in compositional elements suited to the purpose, and I guess that’s why you chose it? - shallow depth of field and complementary colors blurred in the background draw the eye to you; perfect for a shot that’s all about the subject's clothes. Look-wise, the subtle mix of patterns and colors and the impromptu way you’ve thrown things together- messy collar, throttle-cinched knot (at the table?)and shy PS - is full-sprezz , yet the mix might have pleased the DOW- russet gold, leafy greens, earthy browns and a rosy overcheck on the tweed would IMO bee contrived and matchy but for the strong blue verticals of the shirt contrasting, balancing, anchoring the whole ensemble - makes me want to give it a go again, having abandoned busy and difficult 3 and 4 patterns in my own fit regimen for solids- which are usually more elegant, more bang for buck and harder to f--* up even if sometimes boring. Good 4 pattern combinations are scarce as rocking horse shit on SF, but this is exquisiteness IMHO. Selection-wise it’s m ore the spread collar than the tie I’d quibble with. Odds on that i-gents will look back in a decade and snigger at spreads the way we do at power shoulders, contrast collars and braces of the eighties or the ultra-fitted waists, flares and crazy lapels of the seventies (I hope so). But the spread thing is personal andneither here or there- this is still a fit that's harmonious, subtle, finely balanced, and to me stands out in this thread and any. Thx for making the effort
Edited by Pliny - 9/9/12 at 12:13ampost #35666 of 787199/7/12 at 7:23pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hey. Yeah i didnt quite like the shirt as well. I thought white would be better tho. That PS was about to fall off! I need to push it in more. Its just a OTR TM Lewin shirt. Got it for pretty cheap.post #35667 of 787199/7/12 at 8:58pmpost #35668 of 787199/7/12 at 10:57pmpost #35669 of 787199/7/12 at 11:14pmQuote:
Absolutely. Frankly, the fact that so many SFers fawn over Foo just because of who he is is sickening.Quote:
Much better. Good job.post #35670 of 787199/7/12 at 11:23pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 29 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 54 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?