The shoulders look great. Who makes it?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2378post #35656 of 787229/7/12 at 3:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35657 of 787229/7/12 at 4:05pmpost #35658 of 787229/7/12 at 4:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Got a Galaxy S2, so my pics are probably going to be a little better from now on... not particularly this one though.
Same tie as a couple days ago. I really need some new cashmere ones. Shirt is Charles Tyrwhitt, tie is Lester (decent spanish brand) and PS is E.G. Cappelli. Coat is el cheapo from department store (no synthetics on the outer shell, though).
The new Cappelii looks the chit!post #35659 of 787229/7/12 at 4:34pmpost #35660 of 787229/7/12 at 4:37pmpost #35661 of 787229/7/12 at 5:04pmQuote:
No it doesn't, Foo's knot is perfect and suits him, you just made it worse.post #35662 of 787229/7/12 at 5:10pmpost #35663 of 787229/7/12 at 5:13pmpost #35664 of 787229/7/12 at 5:24pmQuote:"Doesn't" what? I just said that I liked it better.
How much worse did I make it? If the altered image had been the image that he initially posted, would you have commented that the tie knot was too large?post #35665 of 787229/7/12 at 5:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by forexQuote:
No it doesn't, Foo's knot is perfect and suits him, you just made it worse.
I agree that the smaller knot is better looking.post #35666 of 787229/7/12 at 6:10pmQuote:
Photo itself is strong in compositional elements suited to the purpose, and I guess that’s why you chose it? - shallow depth of field and complementary colors blurred in the background draw the eye to you; perfect for a shot that’s all about the subject's clothes. Look-wise, the subtle mix of patterns and colors and the impromptu way you’ve thrown things together- messy collar, throttle-cinched knot (at the table?)and shy PS - is full-sprezz , yet the mix might have pleased the DOW- russet gold, leafy greens, earthy browns and a rosy overcheck on the tweed would IMO bee contrived and matchy but for the strong blue verticals of the shirt contrasting, balancing, anchoring the whole ensemble - makes me want to give it a go again, having abandoned busy and difficult 3 and 4 patterns in my own fit regimen for solids- which are usually more elegant, more bang for buck and harder to f--* up even if sometimes boring. Good 4 pattern combinations are scarce as rocking horse shit on SF, but this is exquisiteness IMHO. Selection-wise it’s m ore the spread collar than the tie I’d quibble with. Odds on that i-gents will look back in a decade and snigger at spreads the way we do at power shoulders, contrast collars and braces of the eighties or the ultra-fitted waists, flares and crazy lapels of the seventies (I hope so). But the spread thing is personal andneither here or there- this is still a fit that's harmonious, subtle, finely balanced, and to me stands out in this thread and any. Thx for making the effort
Edited by Pliny - 9/9/12 at 12:13ampost #35667 of 787229/7/12 at 7:23pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hey. Yeah i didnt quite like the shirt as well. I thought white would be better tho. That PS was about to fall off! I need to push it in more. Its just a OTR TM Lewin shirt. Got it for pretty cheap.post #35668 of 787229/7/12 at 8:58pmpost #35669 of 787229/7/12 at 10:57pmpost #35670 of 787229/7/12 at 11:14pmQuote:
Absolutely. Frankly, the fact that so many SFers fawn over Foo just because of who he is is sickening.Quote:
Much better. Good job.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › First suit, no budget restrictions 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...