In what universe would you wear a 46? Slap the person who said that might be your size.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2374
I am no expert in washing but this is what I have heard from Electrolux best expert:
Wool can stand really high temperature in water if is not tumbeled or stired. The problem is the movment, not the temperature. In modern washing machines for hoseholds there is a program for wool wash 30 degree Celcius. You can wash a suite there without shrinking. The problem is to get it ironed and flat after the washing. For that you need professional help.
BUT! This work with clothes that are 100 % sewn and without glue inside. Today even the most exclusive brands cut costs and use glue for the inside of their jackets. You must be absolutely sure, otherwise the cloth may get boubles and wrinkles. I should not even trust Zegna.
The method Electrolux or Wascator Lagoon (earlier called Aqua Cleen) is used by some dry cleaners. They can be hard to find. In a city of Stockholms size (over 1 million) I´ve found one washer so far, but there should be a few more.
My experience from leaving the suit to a professional washer is: (Remember: It is a suit from the 1950´s, really dirty, with strong odour and worn)
1. Now it is really clean and the ugly smell is totally gone. No shrinking.
2. But also small holes and wear appeard. It had earlier (after dry clean twice) been hidden and fixed under the dirt, but now I have to repair some small damages with a yarn.
+1000 on looking at a smaller size. Not only that, but a shorter jacket. These bathrobe jackets look silly, but that is just my opinion.
It's actually a navy SC. I wore it with charcoal flannel trousers for that classic "security guard look"
Edited by Pingson - 9/7/12 at 8:30am
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Australian Members 9 seconds ago
- › NWT RLBL 36R Drop 7 Single Breasted Suit, Charcoal with Cream... 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 7 minutes ago
- › CaliBakers Clothing Spring CookBook '13 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 17 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 21 minutes ago
- › The Ovadia & Sons Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw