Agree with you. A solid shirt would be much nicer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2371post #35551 of 787199/6/12 at 12:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35552 of 787199/6/12 at 12:26pmpost #35553 of 787199/6/12 at 12:30pmQuote:
I'm pretty sure that all of Kent Wang's knit ties are offered in both configurations.post #35554 of 787199/6/12 at 12:55pmQuote:
apologies. it sort of looked like the jacket and pants weren't a suit, but an odd matching combo.Quote:Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Back to the old house:
i really want to like this one but the like beige pants look like they clash a bit. a different, darker color might work better there.post #35555 of 787199/6/12 at 12:58pmpost #35556 of 787199/6/12 at 1:03pmpost #35557 of 787199/6/12 at 1:24pm
I believe a solid blue shirt may have been a better choice. MadMen helped me appreciate the sensual curve of the 3 button jacket lapels as they melt in to the jacket's quarters when only the middle button is buttoned....though I may never wear a 3 button jacket myself, mine eyes hath been opened.post #35558 of 787199/6/12 at 1:34pmpost #35559 of 787199/6/12 at 2:53pmQuote:
I don't think it is too busy. I like an active combination at times. I think in person, instead of a photo view, the violet striped shirt would have flair. I really like the suit.
I would probably try to subtly see the details of what you were wearing if I encountered you in public. By that I mean some outfits you see and you immediately know what the items are and it requires no further thought. Not that it is a bad outfit, just a bit predictable. This is not predictable but not garish or too dandy or anything of the sort.post #35560 of 787199/6/12 at 4:02pmQuote:
good or bad/better or worse - I'd say neither is right. More conservative, certainly. Too often SF group think conflates good with conservative and vice-versa. I am a creative/work in a creative field... this would be a fairly conservative outfit by the standards of some.
One might argue this violates the "rule" two patterns for biz/suit and three patterns for more casual... there are other things I might pick on with fit but as a 3-pattern match, I think this is fairly appealing.post #35561 of 787199/6/12 at 4:16pmpost #35562 of 787199/6/12 at 5:16pmpost #35563 of 787199/6/12 at 5:48pmpost #35564 of 787199/6/12 at 6:01pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 37 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 48 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?