If it were a chalk stripe, I'd say it was fine- but dotted-line stripe is too much.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2371
I don't know that I like bengal stripes with any striped suit, honestly. Especially not purple stripes. I think it would work if the bengal stripes were smaller in scale, but it still wouldnt be as good as a solid shirt.
Agree with you. A solid shirt would be much nicer.
I'm pretty sure that all of Kent Wang's knit ties are offered in both configurations.
apologies. it sort of looked like the jacket and pants weren't a suit, but an odd matching combo.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i really want to like this one but the like beige pants look like they clash a bit. a different, darker color might work better there.
I believe a solid blue shirt may have been a better choice. MadMen helped me appreciate the sensual curve of the 3 button jacket lapels as they melt in to the jacket's quarters when only the middle button is buttoned....though I may never wear a 3 button jacket myself, mine eyes hath been opened.
I don't think it is too busy. I like an active combination at times. I think in person, instead of a photo view, the violet striped shirt would have flair. I really like the suit.
I would probably try to subtly see the details of what you were wearing if I encountered you in public. By that I mean some outfits you see and you immediately know what the items are and it requires no further thought. Not that it is a bad outfit, just a bit predictable. This is not predictable but not garish or too dandy or anything of the sort.
good or bad/better or worse - I'd say neither is right. More conservative, certainly. Too often SF group think conflates good with conservative and vice-versa. I am a creative/work in a creative field... this would be a fairly conservative outfit by the standards of some.
One might argue this violates the "rule" two patterns for biz/suit and three patterns for more casual... there are other things I might pick on with fit but as a 3-pattern match, I think this is fairly appealing.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 51 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 3-piece suit, yay or nay? 1 minute ago
- › Early Skinhead 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Common Project Achilles Low - Sz 42 - Dark Brown - Cheap! 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 4 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw