KGB driving a Tahoe?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2367
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35492 of 787219/5/12 at 1:15pmpost #35493 of 787219/5/12 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Threadbearer
That's right, boys. After Labor Day!
Deets (Click to show)The socks, PS, and stripe in the tie are all navy in real life, but they're reading as black on my monitor.
Those lapels are offensive no matter what time of year it is!post #35494 of 787219/5/12 at 3:22pmpost #35495 of 787219/5/12 at 3:31pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Are the quarters on that jacket that closed or is it your stance? There also seems to be some bowing issues with the lapels, especially the one on the right. Plus the jacket looks a little too short on you.post #35496 of 787219/5/12 at 3:41pmQuote:
A little short? The sleeves are the same length as the coat. A full body shot would be so hard to look at with this sort of fit...for me anyway.post #35497 of 787219/5/12 at 3:47pmpost #35498 of 787219/5/12 at 4:13pmQuote:
I am a middle school teacher. What's wrong with the way I am dressed??Quote:
The jacket is perhaps shorter than other jackets; however, it does cover my ass, as Phat Guido would suggest.Quote:
The quarters are probably a little closed. I'm also standing on my toes in front of my bathroom mirror. My ID badge is in the chest pocket underneath the right (my left) lapel. Because I had the summer off and spent it at the gym, I am much more muscular than the maker of the suit probably imagined a 38S would be. As for the jacket being a little short, I'm only 5'7...post #35499 of 787219/5/12 at 4:17pmIt's been a bit.
f Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Isaia for SFA wool/cashmere SC
Mattabisch by Kiton twill shirt
Cesare Attolini unlined tie
Panta wool silk trou
DC Lewis shell cordovan capspost #35500 of 787219/5/12 at 5:04pmpost #35501 of 787219/5/12 at 5:04pmpost #35502 of 787219/5/12 at 5:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by twenty3
I am a middle school teacher. What's wrong with the way I am dressed??
The jacket is perhaps shorter than other jackets; however, it does cover my ass, as Phat Guido would suggest.
The quarters are probably a little closed. I'm also standing on my toes in front of my bathroom mirror. My ID badge is in the chest pocket underneath the right (my left) lapel. Because I had the summer off and spent it at the gym, I am much more muscular than the maker of the suit probably imagined a 38S would be. As for the jacket being a little short, I'm only 5'7...
noway you are a 38S if you are 5'7"... that's the problem. as for the bowing issue, see if you can get a local tailor to tigthen the lapel tapepost #35503 of 787219/5/12 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crustQuote:
I had considered the scale of the stripings being close, but had thought that the values (i.e. relative darkness/lightness) of them, and the contrast levels (low for both shirt and suiting, their stripes against their background, and high between shirt material and suit material) would mitigate this - perhaps not, to some eyes, but thanks for the honest reaction.
I think it is fantastic.post #35504 of 787219/5/12 at 6:20pmpost #35505 of 787219/5/12 at 6:27pmQuote:
I'm not following you, Rambo. It's a cream (or perhaps stone) suit. Or are you asking about something other than the jacket/slacks combo?
Yeah, they're pretty anemic. I found the suit on sale for a ridiculously low price at a time when I felt I really needed a summer suit. I wouldn't do it again if given the chance.Quote:
Nothing. (Unless, of course, your Principal feels upstaged.) Rock on, Teach!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE June 5 – Replicate a Historical Photo or Painting 5 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 18 seconds ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan