Victor, MR K G B
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2367
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35492 of 787239/5/12 at 1:00pmpost #35493 of 787239/5/12 at 1:15pmpost #35494 of 787239/5/12 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Threadbearer
That's right, boys. After Labor Day!
Deets (Click to show)The socks, PS, and stripe in the tie are all navy in real life, but they're reading as black on my monitor.
Those lapels are offensive no matter what time of year it is!post #35495 of 787239/5/12 at 3:22pmpost #35496 of 787239/5/12 at 3:31pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Are the quarters on that jacket that closed or is it your stance? There also seems to be some bowing issues with the lapels, especially the one on the right. Plus the jacket looks a little too short on you.post #35497 of 787239/5/12 at 3:41pmQuote:
A little short? The sleeves are the same length as the coat. A full body shot would be so hard to look at with this sort of fit...for me anyway.post #35498 of 787239/5/12 at 3:47pmpost #35499 of 787239/5/12 at 4:13pmQuote:
I am a middle school teacher. What's wrong with the way I am dressed??Quote:
The jacket is perhaps shorter than other jackets; however, it does cover my ass, as Phat Guido would suggest.Quote:
The quarters are probably a little closed. I'm also standing on my toes in front of my bathroom mirror. My ID badge is in the chest pocket underneath the right (my left) lapel. Because I had the summer off and spent it at the gym, I am much more muscular than the maker of the suit probably imagined a 38S would be. As for the jacket being a little short, I'm only 5'7...post #35500 of 787239/5/12 at 4:17pmIt's been a bit.
f Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Isaia for SFA wool/cashmere SC
Mattabisch by Kiton twill shirt
Cesare Attolini unlined tie
Panta wool silk trou
DC Lewis shell cordovan capspost #35501 of 787239/5/12 at 5:04pmpost #35502 of 787239/5/12 at 5:04pmpost #35503 of 787239/5/12 at 5:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by twenty3
I am a middle school teacher. What's wrong with the way I am dressed??
The jacket is perhaps shorter than other jackets; however, it does cover my ass, as Phat Guido would suggest.
The quarters are probably a little closed. I'm also standing on my toes in front of my bathroom mirror. My ID badge is in the chest pocket underneath the right (my left) lapel. Because I had the summer off and spent it at the gym, I am much more muscular than the maker of the suit probably imagined a 38S would be. As for the jacket being a little short, I'm only 5'7...
noway you are a 38S if you are 5'7"... that's the problem. as for the bowing issue, see if you can get a local tailor to tigthen the lapel tapepost #35504 of 787239/5/12 at 5:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crustQuote:
I had considered the scale of the stripings being close, but had thought that the values (i.e. relative darkness/lightness) of them, and the contrast levels (low for both shirt and suiting, their stripes against their background, and high between shirt material and suit material) would mitigate this - perhaps not, to some eyes, but thanks for the honest reaction.
I think it is fantastic.post #35505 of 787239/5/12 at 6:20pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Poll: Friday Challenge 19TH September 2014: Brown tie without a... 17 minutes ago
- › Weekend trips to Hong Kong. bespoke suit. 18 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...