Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2344post #35147 of 787178/27/12 at 11:53amHard to tell from the pic, but it looks like you might benefit from a slightly higher shirt collar stance. While you're on the collar I'd lose the contrast. Especially when worn with a pale blue shirt, pink tie and light chinos, the white collar makes it look like your Gordon Gekko at an Easter party.post #35148 of 787178/27/12 at 12:05pmpost #35149 of 787178/27/12 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like you might benefit from a slightly higher shirt collar stance. While you're on the collar I'd lose the contrast. Especially when worn with a pale blue shirt, pink tie and light chinos, the white collar makes it look like your Gordon Gekko at an Easter party.
Thanks for the thoughts, you are definitely right about the contrast collar being overload - I was going for a bit of an 'over-the-top' look with white today just because it's almost labor day.post #35150 of 787178/27/12 at 1:14pmpost #35151 of 787178/27/12 at 1:25pmpost #35152 of 787178/27/12 at 1:28pmFrom a color and texture standpoint that is near perfect, IMHO. Great shirt collar as well. But I just can't get past those lapels. Even with the skinnier knit option, they still look too narrow. The gorge also appears quite high.post #35153 of 787178/27/12 at 1:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
Fortunately, I saved his entire Coherent Combinations discourse in Word Format before it was removed.
Best. Contribution. Ever.
Sad that few think it worth learning from, or so it appears...
P.S. Vox, as my way of saying - come back - I've removed the commercial bits from my sig... come back eh?
+1post #35154 of 787178/27/12 at 1:44pmQuote:
Thanks for the feed back. I am looking for a new light grey flannel suit to replace this one, but they're not that easy to come by otr here in Denmark. Until then it will have to do.post #35155 of 787178/27/12 at 1:45pmpost #35156 of 787178/27/12 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by steffenbp11
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)first day of flannel season. I wish the lapels were a tad wider, but bought the suit when skinny lapels where all the rage...
Terriffic! This is my kind of combination. As you mention yourself too bad the lapels are not wider, everything else is great!
Flannel already, that's quite early for Denmark isnt' it? It was quite chilly here today though.post #35157 of 787178/27/12 at 2:01pmFeeling regimental on the first day of the new school year.
BB Regent blazer and Milano slacks
Kent Wang PS
Ties-Necktie.com necktie, recently won in a promotional give-away.
C&J Hallamspost #35158 of 787178/27/12 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by niidawg3Quote:
I believe that is part of a suit; i cannot see CN commissioning a striped or self striped s/c. Also i dont even know how you are able to critique the "front" in that picture from a fitting.
It's agreen herringbone actually, obviously the pictures were not that good.post #35159 of 787178/27/12 at 2:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Feeling regimental on the first day of the new school year.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Modified Security Guard™ probably sets the right no-bullsh*t tone for the year.post #35160 of 787178/27/12 at 2:32pmQuote:
Nice. I did notice it before, but it looks like you have a preference for your coats to be a tad on the longer side, too. It certainly works...
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › SNS Herning- fits? 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Broken capillaries around my eyes from puking 7 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 19 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 20 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 21 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...