or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2330  

post #34936 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstyle View Post

Spoo how do you like the Finamore shirts, are the majority of your shirts RTW?

Probably my favorite shirts, right next to Borrelli. Yes, all my shirts are RTW.
post #34937 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Probably my favorite shirts, right next to Borrelli. Yes, all my shirts are RTW.

 

Do you only wear Borrelli shirts made before the "change of business" or do you think the quality has been consistent since then?

post #34938 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

Do you only wear Borrelli shirts made before the "change of business" or do you think the quality has been consistent since then?

Mostly, because I find the new ones not as well made. But Ive purchased within the past few months from Shop The Finest, and while I don't know if they are new or old, they have all the hand work and quality that came along with the old ones. They very well may be deadstock.
post #34939 of 78717
The weather has tempered itself this week, so one can wear a suit without instantly turning into a sweaty mess.

Suit & braces - Paul Stuart
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Lewin
Cufflinks - David Donohue, via Saks Off Fifth, Folsom, CA
PS - No name brand, bought cheap at Century 21, lower Manhattan
Shoes - Finsbury

IMG_1235525x1280.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_1234427x1280.jpg

IMG_12311059x1280.jpg

IMG_1232810x1280.jpg

post #34940 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

The weather has tempered itself this week, so one can wear a suit without instantly turning into a sweaty mess.

~40°C in Germany right now.

I really like your suit crustmaster!
Also great fun how the trousers confuse your camera in the first picture of your spoiler biggrin.gif
post #34941 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post


The other way around. The brown suede shoes kill that outfit for me.

 

I thought I was alone in thinking this. I agree. I would definitely go for black (or very dark blue etc.) here. The suit is beautiful though.

post #34942 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Mostly, because I find the new ones not as well made. But Ive purchased within the past few months from Shop The Finest, and while I don't know if they are new or old, they have all the hand work and quality that came along with the old ones. They very well may be deadstock.

i have had the sme experience wth STF. i really wonder if its deadstock, or if borrelli is still making stuff the same way, and the rumors are false. would love to find out for sure.
post #34943 of 78717
7830917278_d071792760.jpg
post #34944 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

~40°C in Germany right now.
I really like your suit crustmaster!
Also great fun how the trousers confuse your camera in the first picture of your spoiler biggrin.gif

40C? Yikes, that's hot. My condolences - were it that hot in NYC, there would be no suit-wearing today for me - linen trousers and polo shirt instead.

Thanks for the comment, and yes, even the best DSLR cameras have a problem with images of Prince of Wales glen plaids - always end up as a pixilated mess, unless done as a total close-up.
post #34945 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

0E15AB68-C00E-431B-A233-AC78E073E962-3904-00000407C065BD73.jpg
AFC69C3A-F25A-4A03-BC43-E2CBC680FEF2-3904-00000407B82447C3.jpg
Monday.
Ermenegildo Zegna suit (Milano cut)
Finamore shirt
Vanda (unlined, 7 fold, silk linen) tie
Tom Ford silk pochette
Carmina suedes
Creed Bois du Portugal

Love the outfit. 

That Vanda tie is sublime.

post #34946 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFBenson View Post


I think you could wear slimmer trousers. smile.gif
post #34947 of 78717
7831961218_ff66f1c54e_c.jpg
Too many patterns to be in good taste & probably not loud enough for pea-cocking?
New tie from Vanda, made to order by Gerald & Diana, extra, extra long & just a smidgen wider than their standard model.
-TTO
post #34948 of 78717




post #34949 of 78717

post #34950 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
7831961218_ff66f1c54e_c.jpg
Too many patterns to be in good taste & probably not loud enough for pea-cocking?
-TTO

I don't think the rainbow look is requisite for peacocking, Theo. If you were wearing one of your hats today, it certainly qualifies, IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III