Also, southernstyle, donning a tie sans jacket is/was a custom where you live? Really interested (international relations scientist's fetish).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2327post #34891 of 787198/19/12 at 10:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34892 of 787198/19/12 at 10:49pmQuote:
Can you tell us more about the belgians?
I checked ASW and while I was able to find some animal patterned shoes as well as those with bows, I couldn't find the style you are running, which imo is the most appealing.post #34893 of 787198/20/12 at 2:36ampost #34894 of 787198/20/12 at 3:58ampost #34895 of 787198/20/12 at 6:50ampost #34896 of 787198/20/12 at 6:55amQuote:Thank you sirQuote:No, I work in a haberdashery and I take my jacket off in the back when I'm pricing items and preparing items for customer pick up. I wear that blue blazer (Samuelsohn cashmere) nearly everyday, I'm waiting for my first suit to arrive.Quote:You can find them here, I just removed the bows: http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/suedehouseshoeswithcontrastingtrim.aspxpost #34897 of 787198/20/12 at 7:07ampost #34898 of 787198/20/12 at 7:31amQuote:
I like the idea. I am not sure whether the tie colour is the right one, but I am trying to think of a colour that would work better - perhaps a deep or royal blue, but I don't know.post #34899 of 787198/20/12 at 7:31ampost #34900 of 787198/20/12 at 9:00ampost #34901 of 787198/20/12 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
Color combo may be very predictable today but I love pink and blue, what can I say? Black monk straps on the bottom. Shirt is blue glen plaid if not clear. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's not bad, but I think a darker tie would make this look better. As it is, there are a lot of similar shades going on and I feel it would improve with some contrast.post #34902 of 787198/20/12 at 9:37ampost #34903 of 787198/20/12 at 9:53ampost #34904 of 787198/20/12 at 11:52ampost #34905 of 787198/20/12 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by luftvier
This breaks all my personal rules and is probably best relegated to the peacock thread. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like it, Lufty, but I think the collar is too small in relation to the size of the lapels. Neither is problematic on their own, just together. I see this a lot with club collars, FWIW, because of the extra mass you lose when you round off the points.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1559 Active Users (370 Members and 1189 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...