did you use tie pin with a button down collar?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2304post #34546 of 787178/10/12 at 1:41pmpost #34547 of 787178/10/12 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by EFV
Horrible iPhone pic quality, but you get it. Lots of cotton and linen today:
More (Click to show)
While I'm not religious about the no dark suede before jabor day rule, these shoes are not the best choice against the rest.post #34548 of 787178/10/12 at 1:48pmpost #34549 of 787178/10/12 at 1:49pmOn a personal sidenote, are you an academic at one of the colleges?
I've been to Oxford once for three weeks of language school and stayed at Hertford College.
Had one of the greatest times of my life over there and am still in love with the city.post #34550 of 787178/10/12 at 2:32pmQuote:
You should play with scale.
Everything you have on today has a small scale. Small tie pattern, small striped suit, small striped shirt.
Try varying it a bit. Even a solid shirt would improve this look. But with everything do small, it looks too busy.post #34551 of 787178/10/12 at 2:35pmpost #34552 of 787178/10/12 at 2:36pmpost #34553 of 787178/10/12 at 2:38pmpost #34554 of 787178/10/12 at 2:42pmpost #34555 of 787178/10/12 at 3:12pmpost #34556 of 787178/10/12 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
As in 'this stance looks one inch too high, on this frame, but I really don't know enough to arrogate an opinion'
On a single breasted suit I've come to learn to choose ones buttoning button at the slimmest part of ones natural waist. But since DB suits usually run shorter and have closed quarters I'm not sure if this rule applies anymore.
So I'm asking someone who has dabbled in bespoke double breasted suiting to shed light on my acknowledged nescience...
For DB, there are lower cuts and higher cuts, both with be found in Mr. claymore'spgotos and the armory boys.
In my opinion, DB only looks good if they are cut slightly longer than single breasted. Short makes the proportion bulky.
Button position is still on natural waist, just further away or closer to create a close or open chest.post #34557 of 787178/10/12 at 5:27pmpost #34558 of 787178/10/12 at 5:28pmpost #34559 of 787178/10/12 at 8:40pm
Thank you for the comments. As for the answers: shoes are not too big, the fit is great and it never hurts my feet. I do like a more roomy shoe though...
As for scales: I can see that. I do love this shirt when I am tieless. I did like the combo, even though I was thinking of a solid purple tie but could not find it in a rush to the meeting I was attending. I wanted something busy, but I realize I may have gone overboard with it.
Regarding academics: I am faculty in Brazil and China. I would not mind teaching at Oxbridge, maybe one day....post #34560 of 787178/11/12 at 12:36am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Newly divorced - Need a break - Vacay spot 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Suede Chukka boots size 7UK 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 5 minutes ago
- › FS Ernest Alexander Thompson Waxed Tote Excellent 5 minutes ago
- › FS J Panther Roll Tote Olive Green Excellent 8 minutes ago
- › FS FRANK CLEGG BOUND EDGE ZIP TOP BRIEFCASE 11 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...