Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2304post #34546 of 787238/10/12 at 1:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34547 of 787238/10/12 at 1:31pmpost #34548 of 787238/10/12 at 1:41pmpost #34549 of 787238/10/12 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by EFV
Horrible iPhone pic quality, but you get it. Lots of cotton and linen today:
More (Click to show)
While I'm not religious about the no dark suede before jabor day rule, these shoes are not the best choice against the rest.post #34550 of 787238/10/12 at 1:48pmpost #34551 of 787238/10/12 at 1:49pmOn a personal sidenote, are you an academic at one of the colleges?
I've been to Oxford once for three weeks of language school and stayed at Hertford College.
Had one of the greatest times of my life over there and am still in love with the city.post #34552 of 787238/10/12 at 2:32pmQuote:
You should play with scale.
Everything you have on today has a small scale. Small tie pattern, small striped suit, small striped shirt.
Try varying it a bit. Even a solid shirt would improve this look. But with everything do small, it looks too busy.post #34553 of 787238/10/12 at 2:35pmpost #34554 of 787238/10/12 at 2:36pmpost #34555 of 787238/10/12 at 2:38pmpost #34556 of 787238/10/12 at 2:42pmpost #34557 of 787238/10/12 at 3:12pmpost #34558 of 787238/10/12 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
As in 'this stance looks one inch too high, on this frame, but I really don't know enough to arrogate an opinion'
On a single breasted suit I've come to learn to choose ones buttoning button at the slimmest part of ones natural waist. But since DB suits usually run shorter and have closed quarters I'm not sure if this rule applies anymore.
So I'm asking someone who has dabbled in bespoke double breasted suiting to shed light on my acknowledged nescience...
For DB, there are lower cuts and higher cuts, both with be found in Mr. claymore'spgotos and the armory boys.
In my opinion, DB only looks good if they are cut slightly longer than single breasted. Short makes the proportion bulky.
Button position is still on natural waist, just further away or closer to create a close or open chest.post #34559 of 787238/10/12 at 5:27pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 2301 Active Users (454 Members and 1847 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 second ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 27 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 40 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 4 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)