agree. or even....dum dum dummm.....a WHITE shirt!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2303post #34531 of 787248/10/12 at 6:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34532 of 787248/10/12 at 6:57ampost #34533 of 787248/10/12 at 7:26amQuote:
Your both right. The striped shirt was a last second and poor choice. I should have gone with my gut and worn my white shirt that was hanging right there....post #34534 of 787248/10/12 at 7:37ampost #34535 of 787248/10/12 at 7:50ampost #34536 of 787248/10/12 at 8:10ampost #34537 of 787248/10/12 at 9:01ampost #34538 of 787248/10/12 at 9:06ampost #34539 of 787248/10/12 at 10:00ampost #34540 of 787248/10/12 at 10:59ampost #34541 of 787248/10/12 at 11:13amA.J.V I like the orange/apricot tie combined with the navy suit and light blue shirt! However the shoes are a bit to extravagant for my taste. Perhaps the arms on the jacket could be let out a little bit to prevent some of the wrinkles?post #34542 of 787248/10/12 at 11:21ampost #34543 of 787248/10/12 at 11:44ampost #34544 of 787248/10/12 at 11:55amA.J.V your look is VERY aethsetically pleasing and I am actually a fan of the shoes in all their bravado and glory. I especially like the tie with the suit, very nice combo!
However, and please take this with a grain of salt as I am learning about fit more and more myself, I think you could do with more room in all areas of that jacket. The buttoning point seems to pinch and I know you are a very athletic guy, so I am sure it is due to a "gut" or anything but limited room to taper down from the chest. If you had more room in the chest and shoulders, you could taper to the waist for a more flattering look. The bunching on the left shoulder also indicates to me the same problem I have in some of my smaller sized jackets, not enough room for proper drape. I think if you sized up and gave yourself a bit more room in the upper body of your jackets, it would flatter you more.
I am learning this myself. The jacket I am wearing today is a size 42 when I have never worn higher than a 40 or a medium in an off the rack suit or shirt. Would be worth it to see. I think the arm crinkling is maybe due to the fabric or the pose (is it lightweight?) but could also benefit from more room as well.
Overall, nice post, keep it up! Hope this doesn't come off as harsh. I am just starting to come to this kind of realization myself.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1595 Active Users (420 Members and 1175 Guests)
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › I need some adjustment advice on these britches 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › RL C&J CORDOVAN SHOES JUNE '14 EDITION and other rlpl shoe models... 5 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Advice on work shoes 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)