agree. or even....dum dum dummm.....a WHITE shirt!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2303post #34531 of 787238/10/12 at 6:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34532 of 787238/10/12 at 6:57ampost #34533 of 787238/10/12 at 7:26amQuote:
Your both right. The striped shirt was a last second and poor choice. I should have gone with my gut and worn my white shirt that was hanging right there....post #34534 of 787238/10/12 at 7:37ampost #34535 of 787238/10/12 at 7:50ampost #34536 of 787238/10/12 at 8:10ampost #34537 of 787238/10/12 at 9:01ampost #34538 of 787238/10/12 at 9:06ampost #34539 of 787238/10/12 at 10:00ampost #34540 of 787238/10/12 at 10:59ampost #34541 of 787238/10/12 at 11:13amA.J.V I like the orange/apricot tie combined with the navy suit and light blue shirt! However the shoes are a bit to extravagant for my taste. Perhaps the arms on the jacket could be let out a little bit to prevent some of the wrinkles?post #34542 of 787238/10/12 at 11:21ampost #34543 of 787238/10/12 at 11:44ampost #34544 of 787238/10/12 at 11:55amA.J.V your look is VERY aethsetically pleasing and I am actually a fan of the shoes in all their bravado and glory. I especially like the tie with the suit, very nice combo!
However, and please take this with a grain of salt as I am learning about fit more and more myself, I think you could do with more room in all areas of that jacket. The buttoning point seems to pinch and I know you are a very athletic guy, so I am sure it is due to a "gut" or anything but limited room to taper down from the chest. If you had more room in the chest and shoulders, you could taper to the waist for a more flattering look. The bunching on the left shoulder also indicates to me the same problem I have in some of my smaller sized jackets, not enough room for proper drape. I think if you sized up and gave yourself a bit more room in the upper body of your jackets, it would flatter you more.
I am learning this myself. The jacket I am wearing today is a size 42 when I have never worn higher than a 40 or a medium in an off the rack suit or shirt. Would be worth it to see. I think the arm crinkling is maybe due to the fabric or the pose (is it lightweight?) but could also benefit from more room as well.
Overall, nice post, keep it up! Hope this doesn't come off as harsh. I am just starting to come to this kind of realization myself.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1149 Active Users (221 Members and 928 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 13 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...