Just because your sleeves have cuffs, does not mean you have to use them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2296
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34427 of 787248/7/12 at 7:51pmpost #34428 of 787248/7/12 at 8:29pmpost #34429 of 787248/7/12 at 8:41pmpost #34430 of 787248/7/12 at 9:16pmpost #34431 of 787248/7/12 at 9:30pmpost #34432 of 787248/8/12 at 12:10ampost #34433 of 787248/8/12 at 2:10amQuote:
As I said, if you read my post, "I need to get the sleeves shortened, no idea why i was wearing them like that, just felt like it!", I was just playing around with a new jacket, I infact rolled them down when I went out as it felt weirdpost #34434 of 787248/8/12 at 2:56ampost #34435 of 787248/8/12 at 3:59amQuote:Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
You look extremely smart with impeccable fit as usual.
I really like it when you use a PS (not often enough i think (for a guy with your sartorial ability)). Just to finish it off you understand.
Your tie could have more colour though.post #34436 of 787248/8/12 at 4:21amQuote:Originally Posted by deandbn
First outfit really looks good!!
Good modern fit, beautiful colours, sophisticated smart casual. I also like that PS as lot with that outfit.
Second outfit also fits you well.
My main criticism is that I would change the shirt for a solid colour one, and I easily prefer the shirt in your first outfit because hmmm... too many stripes together and not enough difference in scale.
Then the milky pink tie that also makes a strange iffy little knot, I personally think you could carry off a tie that is a whole lot bolder and modern and shiny (silk) , or even more subdued with good texture, but with a bit more bulk so it makes a really good knot. Use up more 'real estate' in the tie knot area.
Pocket Square, I would probably stick to white cotton because of the pinstripes. rather than gingham?? (is it).
I realise you trying to do pattern on pattern on pattern. To me it seems all too much.
Thank you for your comments. I believe that the pic doesn't do justice to the texture or color of the tie. It's, at least in my opinion, pretty nice but as you pointed out I find it difficult to make a beautiful knot with it. Your pocket square suggestion is totally right.post #34437 of 787248/8/12 at 4:45amQuote:
Proper or improper, I fold mine up and lay them flat in a drawer. Someone I know actually re-purposed a hanging CD/DVD file box for storing pocket squares - they hang, folded, and the box is clear plastic, so that he can see his entire collection at a glance.post #34438 of 787248/8/12 at 5:00amQuote:
For the truly anal, Kent Wang offers a pocket square stand: http://www.kentwang.com/accessories/pocket-square-rack.html
Spoo has one, and he's posted a couple pics with his rather extensive square collection on the rack. The effect is rather striking. I actually considered one myself, upon seeing Spoo's pic. But I quickly realized that I don't own nearly enough squares to fill the rack, and my closet space is at such a premium right now.post #34439 of 787248/8/12 at 5:34ampost #34440 of 787248/8/12 at 5:55am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 6 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 15 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Getting over the casual double-breasted jacket hump 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)