Top right pic captures the colour best. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2295post #34411 of 787248/7/12 at 2:55pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34412 of 787248/7/12 at 3:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by TTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not sure these socks work, I was trying to bridge the tonal gap between the shoes ( my favourites, Carmina ) & the trousers as well as pull the pattern of the coat through?
Thanks for the comments and thumbs last time, not sure why the socks were 'scary' though?
I have a feeling Manton would not approve of this
Edited by Tirailleur1 - 8/7/12 at 3:50pmpost #34413 of 787248/7/12 at 3:36pmpost #34414 of 787248/7/12 at 4:05pmQuote:
Thank you for the kind comments. In the spoiler, I believe that five pictures will be worth 5,000 words of instruction, as to how I fold my pocket squares.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #34415 of 787248/7/12 at 4:11pm
Post of the week.Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Thank you for the kind comments. In the spoiler, I believe that five pictures will be worth 5,000 words of instruction, as to how I fold my pocket squares. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #34416 of 787248/7/12 at 4:26pmpost #34417 of 787248/7/12 at 4:41pmFirst post in ages as I'm currently on a 3 month summer holiday, so I haven't had many occasions to dress up for.
This was worn last week for my girlfriends mum's birthday.
Details (Click to show)
Jacket: Jack Wills
Shirt: Ralph Lauren
Pocket square: Aspinal of London
Trousers: Farah vintage
Socks: Paul Smith
Shoes: Russel & Bromley
I picked up the jacket for £29 down from £229! I need to get the sleeves shortened, no idea why i was wearing them like that, just felt like it!
Was lucky enough to pick up a fair few tickets to the Olympic Games in my hometown London!
Here's me and my family outside the olympic stadium ( I'm on the right) and then inside for the 100m final!
Belt: American Apparel
Cheers Nickpost #34418 of 787248/7/12 at 4:47pm
First outfit really looks good!!
Good modern fit, beautiful colours, sophisticated smart casual. I also like that PS as lot with that outfit.
Second outfit also fits you well.
My main criticism is that I would change the shirt for a solid colour one, and I easily prefer the shirt in your first outfit because hmmm... too many stripes together and not enough difference in scale.
Then the milky pink tie that also makes a strange iffy little knot, I personally think you could carry off a tie that is a whole lot bolder and modern and shiny (silk) , or even more subdued with good texture, but with a bit more bulk so it makes a really good knot. Use up more 'real estate' in the tie knot area.
Pocket Square, I would probably stick to white cotton because of the pinstripes. rather than gingham?? (is it).
I realise you trying to do pattern on pattern on pattern. To me it seems all too much.post #34419 of 787248/7/12 at 4:47pmpost #34420 of 787248/7/12 at 4:59pmQuote:
Kobe, would you be seen out and about looking like this guy. His clothes all look like they shrunk in the wash.
What does GQ know about style anyway. I think you should seriously consider burning the magazine.
If you want to look flash with a touch of class, I recommend the peacock thread for inspiration.post #34421 of 787248/7/12 at 5:24pmpost #34422 of 787248/7/12 at 5:24pmpost #34423 of 787248/7/12 at 6:18pmpost #34424 of 787248/7/12 at 6:35pmpost #34425 of 787248/7/12 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Thank you for the kind comments. In the spoiler, I believe that five pictures will be worth 5,000 words of instruction, as to how I fold my pocket squares. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks so much, I will be trying that tomorrow.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Maison Martin Margiela White High Top Size US 11 EU 44 3 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Maison Martin Margiela White High Top Size US 11 EU 44 11 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › The Film thread 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)