Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2278post #34156 of 787218/2/12 at 12:51pmWith all due respect I don't think it's really an opinion. I think it has a lot to do with balance, scale and visual aesthetics. I think if this was presented to an art professor who cared nothing about fashion they would agree on principle and probably be able to explain it a hell of a lot better than I can. But at least to my eye, point collars look terrible on men with thicker necks and round face and spread collars look terrible on guys with thin necks and long faces.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34157 of 787218/2/12 at 12:52pmpost #34158 of 787218/2/12 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrDaniels
With all due respect I don't think it's really an opinion. I think it has a lot to do with balance, scale and visual aesthetics. I think if this was presented to an art professor who cared nothing about fashion they would agree on principle and probably be able to explain it a hell of a lot better than I can. But at least to my eye, point collars look terrible on men with thicker necks and round face and spread collars look terrible on guys with thin necks and long faces.
I find this ironic what with your avatar and all.post #34159 of 787218/2/12 at 1:02pmpost #34160 of 787218/2/12 at 1:04pmpost #34161 of 787218/2/12 at 1:04pmpost #34162 of 787218/2/12 at 1:05pmpost #34163 of 787218/2/12 at 1:06pmpost #34164 of 787218/2/12 at 1:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Look at his highly unnatural stance. Anybody can fix themselves for the camera. I just don't buy it, and in general I think a bit more room would allow him to look at ease in his clothes rather than in a straight jacket. A man that looks uncomfortable in his clothes is not a well dressed man.
+10000. Sometimes I see people walking around with less than perfect fits (on the loose side, but of course still acceptable) but they look so confident and comfortable in their clothes that it really doesn't matter. They look a thousand times better than a robot in a bespoke suit.post #34165 of 787218/2/12 at 1:13pmQuote:
I am the only one that I know of in San Diego. When my friend from England comes to visit early next year there will be two of us. Apart from the "Morning Dress" My old Boss wears suits and fedoras daily, but he has a much more late 40's early 50's West Coast look.post #34166 of 787218/2/12 at 1:18pmpost #34167 of 787218/2/12 at 1:29pm
Little better picture today. I promise I'll try to post one soon that shows the entire body.
Suit: Dark Grey w/ Light Grey Pinstripe - Ralph Lauren
Shirt & Tie: Roundtree & York Gold Label
Still sporting the '4-in-hand' knot, but I'll try out the Half Windsor!
Also, I really need to build my professional wardrobe... right now, I'm just hitting up Dillards & Nordstrom, but would love to hear some suggestions on places to find quality professional dress clothing. I work with Hospice, so the majority of our clients prefer a more traditional look, but I am attempting to buy slimmer cut suits, with smaller lapels and ties that match the lapel width.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks again!post #34168 of 787218/2/12 at 1:29pmpost #34169 of 787218/2/12 at 1:29pmYes, I worked as a Public Safety Officer for Little Italy. Then I was a maitre d'. (My old stylish Boss was the manager). Now I have no full time job. I have 3 job offers but I have not taken any yet. I think I will take a job as a Concierge at a local hotel.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › NWT RLBL Navy Anthony Trousers 9 minutes ago
- › NWT RLBL Navy Anthony Trousers 10 minutes ago
- › UrbanCompositions's Menswear Compilation 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Best denim out there at the moment? 19 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 26 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 28 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 32 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 36 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan