or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2274

post #34096 of 76409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillus View Post

You should never wear loafers under a suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am DIL View Post

Yes, you should.

i know that officially the rule is no loafers with suits, and that it has been talked about more than enough. despite the fact that i think it can be ok sometimes, in this case i do not think the very serious navy business suit, paired with the decidedly chillaxed suede tassel loafers, was a good combination.


Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

If you want the picture to get a fair judgement you should really post a pic that shows the entire outfit.

this
post #34097 of 76409
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedYoga View Post

If you want to see some serious bowtie affectation, go to a fraternity party or law school event in the South.

Or walk around Soho in NYC on a Saturday.
post #34098 of 76409
Lots of new stuff for me today.

6c03ae03-8e6c-54ed.jpg
6c03ae03-8e77-1713.jpg
6c03ae03-8e80-b496.jpg
post #34099 of 76409
As dressy as its been all week. Forgive the kids PJs. She's a bit clingy this week. Aw.
b719e313.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
a41f893d.jpg
6d4512fa.jpg
4f51fbd7.jpg
post #34100 of 76409

love the outfit, especially tie and shoes. now groom that beard. @ stitches

 

 

@ spoo nice outfit, that belt looks too thin, though.

post #34101 of 76409
stitch,

If you wore light grey pants with that (and if we weren't in the middle of summer), that flannel jacket could work. As it is, it really should be either a much darker color or more more textured (think donegal) for it to work as a sportcoat. add in the dark pants and its just way too blah. I won't say anything about matching the tie to the shoes and I definitely will refuse to acknowledge that you are wearing green shoes. Colors of teh shirt/tie/jacket go nice together.

So in short, you are on the right track but a few mistakes in that one.
post #34102 of 76409
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

6c03ae03-8e6c-54ed.jpg

Wow, dude, this is really nice! smile.gif I think there is still a little issue with the break/trouser drape, but the SC is a fantastic material, and the cut suits you well! Bravo! smile.gif
post #34103 of 76409
I like that, Spoo. Including the dark brown suede shoes (chukka's?) with the summer outfit, although I think they would look better with a navy shirt or darker jacket. The belt seems to float a bit, yes.
post #34104 of 76409
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

...I definitely will refuse to acknowledge, that you are wearing green shoes.

Er... brown? eh.gif
post #34105 of 76409
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

6c03ae03-8e80-b496.jpg

olive is totally underrated. noice.
post #34106 of 76409
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

stitch,
If you wore light grey pants with that (and if we weren't in the middle of summer), that flannel jacket could work. As it is, it really should be either a much darker color or more more textured (think donegal) for it to work as a sportcoat. add in the dark pants and its just way too blah. I won't say anything about matching the tie to the shoes and I definitely will refuse to acknowledge that you are wearing green shoes. Colors of teh shirt/tie/jacket go nice together.
So in short, you are on the right track but a few mistakes in that one.

thanks ed. i may wear a nice pair of gray pantas i picked up on the cheap recently, next time i wear this jacket. also, irl i think the SC does come off as more textured than the pics let on.

NO MY SHOES ARE NOT GREEN. they are G&G westminsters in vintage oak.

here are better pics of the jacket, tie and shoes

6c03ae03-9699-f33a.jpg
6c03ae03-96a6-599a.jpg




@ LEVOOSH "Not working with navy(?) pants. Light grey needed. Are shoes green"

i know, navy troe are not a fan fave here, but i like em. smile.gif

shoes are brown, but have a tinge of green somehow. no idea how that happened.
post #34107 of 76409
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Wow, dude, this is really nice! smile.gif I think there is still a little issue with the break/trouser drape, but the SC is a fantastic material, and the cut suits you well! Bravo! smile.gif

thanks alex. cheers.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

olive is totally underrated. noice.

lol, there is never a unanimous opinion here. nonetheless, they are brown, not olive.
post #34108 of 76409
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


Or walk around Soho in NYC on a Saturday.

Or any wedding or formal to semi formal young adult event in the Tri-State area.

post #34109 of 76409

Stitchbro, that's one of the best looks I've seen from you. I don't like the socks much, but that's a taste thing. Everything else is great -- especially those shoes. 

post #34110 of 76409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

Sage gerbardine by the old village pool:
Steven Hitchcock SB Gerbadine no vent, half lined (piped)
Turnbull & Asser pink oxford shirt
Hermes silk tie
Unknown PS
John Lobb St. James's Burgundy tassel loafers
bigstar[1].gif
1000
1000
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3eGHR7lQRq0/UBVmPr2aTEI/AAAAAAAALbU/WDwOytGXkPU/s640/SJ-Sommerjakkes%C3%A6t-2.JPG
1000http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-l1iE2Qgo4SY/UBVmQmqr8VI/AAAAAAAALbY/cjl3qil5uiU/s640/SJ-Sommerjakkes%C3%A6t-3.JPG
1000


This didn't garner the recognition it deserved. I really dig the cuffs on the sleeves also. Personally, I would have opted for another pocket square to avoid the matchy-matchiness of it all, but it's still a warm and effective flourish on an otherwise unembellished and elegant outfit. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III