or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2273

post #34081 of 76153
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiano

No.
Manton already mentioned on a previous post. The manufacturer is a Spanish company called Gorina.

jester, i was replying to rambo. you know what it mean? actually the china man copies everything, so it is not inherently wrong.

look, listen and learn.

The high quality felt used in competition that Rambo mentioned is not manufactured in China. It is either Spain - (Gorina) or Belgium (Simmons). If you play snooker (UK) Strachan Stroud is the cloth of reference. Although the cloth is called felt, in reality it is a blend of worsted wool and nylon (usually 85/15).

China copies everything but his clothes are not used in competition billiard.

Hope you have learned something please keep on looking and listening
post #34082 of 76153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear View Post

I've always wondered; you seem to be always leaning slightly forward in your photos. Is this due to bad posture or the angle of the photo? It makes you look like you have a hunchback.

due to the angle and how iseem to always move my neck a bit when I use a timer on the phone smile.gif
post #34083 of 76153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

not sure if you're serious, but virtually all competition tables are surfaced with Simonis wool cloth.

My parents refelted their pool table years ago. It was with Simonis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post

fotoflexerphotobtg2.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Toward the end of a painfully slow and wrinkly day...
Edit: bored, bored, bored...
fotoflexerphotobtg3.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CEP, looks good, but I think you would look better with more chest in your suits. I think this is P.Johnson, right? I know he likes trimmer stuff, but more chest will give it more shape and even more illusion of a trimmer waist. Also, I think the skinny arms look a bit out of proportion, plus they wrinkle easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

At first, I thought I should bracket 'these are loose terms'/'you get the gist, of what I'm saying,' but I thought you'd all be smart enough, to figure it out. But, alas! (Let's see, if you're smart enough, to get that one, you condescending arse.)

I understand the gist of what you are saying, but not everybody probably does. I wasn't being condescending at all, just silly. I think my post is very helpful, especially when there are so many questions where people ask if something fits and it isn't a simple matter, of buy the next size up.
post #34084 of 76153
I am not sure why, but that bow with the suit is just not working IMO.
post #34085 of 76153
I personally just hate bowties outside of black tie. To me they always look like a cry for attention. Maybe that is just because most of the people wearing them these days are wearing them exactly for that reason.
post #34086 of 76153
Sage gerbardine by the old village pool:

Steven Hitchcock SB Gerbadine no vent, half lined (piped)
Turnbull & Asser pink oxford shirt
Hermes silk tie
Unknown PS
John Lobb St. James's Burgundy tassel loafers
bigstar[1].gif



http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3eGHR7lQRq0/UBVmPr2aTEI/AAAAAAAALbU/WDwOytGXkPU/s640/SJ-Sommerjakkes%C3%A6t-2.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-l1iE2Qgo4SY/UBVmQmqr8VI/AAAAAAAALbY/cjl3qil5uiU/s640/SJ-Sommerjakkes%C3%A6t-3.JPG

Edited by Butler - 8/2/12 at 6:24am
post #34087 of 76153
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I personally just hate bowties outside of black tie. To me they always look like a cry for attention. Maybe that is just because most of the people wearing them these days are wearing them exactly for that reason.

 

Well said.

post #34088 of 76153
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I personally just hate bowties outside of black tie. To me they always look like a cry for attention. Maybe that is just because most of the people wearing them these days are wearing them exactly for that reason.

I just always tend to synch bowties with a more casual aesthetic. I wear bows 3 or 4 times a month but I honestly don't think I have ever worn one with a suit. I am sure there is a rule or creed somewhere that will confirm I have no clue what I am talking about, but I am talking about personal opinion and preference. Of course, I am not talking about bow with black tie. That clearly works. But to me, that's the exception, not the rule.
post #34089 of 76153
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I personally just hate bowties outside of black tie. To me they always look like a cry for attention. Maybe that is just because most of the people wearing them these days are wearing them exactly for that reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

Well said.

Well, there's an argument to be made that we are all crying for attention, otherwise, what are we doing at a place called StyleForvm?

However, as to the bow issue, I disagree with the generalization but that may be a regional observation.
post #34090 of 76153
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

It's supposed to get quite warm here in NYC today - perfect excuse to drag out today's suit.
Suit - JAB
Shirt - BB
Tie - Countess Mara
PS - BB
Shoes - J & M
IMG_1199427x1024.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_1198333x1024.jpg
IMG_1194927x1024.jpg
IMG_1196702x1024.jpg


Upr-- Smashing. All you need is Central Park, a hansom cab, & Cyd Charisse, and you're good to go.
post #34091 of 76153
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman View Post

Upr-- Smashing. All you need is Central Park, a hansom cab, & Cyd Charisse, and you're good to go.

I fear that, at this point in time, Ms. Charisse is dancing with her husband Tony Martin in heaven above, since they have both passed into the great beyond (Tony Martin only this past week, I believe - at the age of 98).

As for the other comments in re: bow ties, for myself, the wearing of them is a seasonal affectation (though also a memory exercise - I would like to be able to remember how to tie a bow tie when next I wear a tuxedo - practice makes perfect).

The affectation seems to be gaining in popularity in certain sectors of the Upper East Side of Manhattan - there were more bow-tied individuals at the garden party at the Frick Museum last month this year than in the previous two years, IIRC.
post #34092 of 76153
I love the Frick.
post #34093 of 76153
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

I fear that, at this point in time, Ms. Charisse is dancing with her husband Tony Martin in heaven above, since they have both passed into the great beyond (Tony Martin only this past week, I believe - at the age of 98).


Yikes. I hadn't heard that yet, thanks for letting me know. 60 years they were together!!
post #34094 of 76153
I like Upr's bowtie. If you're going to go full on dandy, might as well not half ass it.
post #34095 of 76153
If you want to see some serious bowtie affectation, go to a fraternity party or law school event in the South.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III