or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2271  

post #34051 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uunottaja View Post

Personally I feel that with odd jackets and more casual wear the "rules of classic style" don't really apply that strictly. I wouldn't wear that at work, the shirt is made of chambray for God's sake. That's me having a stroll and getting an ice cream downtown with my girl friend. The main reason I like a tad short jacket is the same as I like having a bit too short sleeves - I think it does give a small help to us short (5'8") people. Also that's no where near fashion-short, it covers about 75% of my rear. The same with timo's jacket. If the jacket was as long as Japan Alex' jacket there, how would it look taking the other pieces into account?
For work I cover my ass (and yes, this is from the casual end of the week, but will work as an example here).
10629853.jpg
Also, dress codes are so different around the world. Here in Finland I'm by far the most formal in our office, which is without being too specific a business control department in a bigger company. If I worked in the UK or the US, I'd be in black toe caps and a leave the colorful silk home. Here however you can pull off brown suede and a bit more playfulness no problem. It's all so relative.

I disagree with the bold part. Also, your jacket and trousers are on the tight side even if short is what you are going for.

Loafers traditionally were not accepted for business dress, but it has become accepted because it is so commonplace. I personally still wouldn't do it, but then again I wouldn't wear loafers ever.
post #34052 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillus View Post

[/spoiler]You should never wear loafers under a suit.

+ 1, then it is becoming more normal now and pretty nice. But I don't know loafers will always be casual outfits in my eyes.

post #34053 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I disagree with the bold part. Also, your jacket and trousers are on the tight side even if short is what you are going for.
Loafers traditionally were not accepted for business dress, but it has become accepted because it is so commonplace. I personally still wouldn't do it, but then again I wouldn't wear loafers ever.

I agree, they are tight, but still comfortable and retain the needed room I need. However, feedback is valued and I thank you for that. About loafers, I personally think they can even be worn without socks with a suit, although it will need a much more relaxed suit than what I have here. Overall I think loafers are a perfectly OK option during sunny days and summer in general. And one doesn't have to be in Milan to sport them with a suit.
post #34054 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

SB, sorry I couldn't quote you, but, when you say light in fabric do you mean like a linen or silk tie? Tie today is silk with a bit of texture like an oxford weave. Maybe a light blue linen tie or a blue or light purple patterned tie? I am clueless so any specific thoughts would be great.

Yes, linen, cotton, silk in a less refined weave, something like that. I like the combinations PSG comes up with for this type of jacket. Maybe he could offer some specifics. Plus, he's great with color.
post #34055 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uunottaja View Post

I agree, they are tight, but still comfortable and retain the needed room I need. However, feedback is valued and I thank you for that. About loafers, I personally think they can even be worn without socks with a suit, although it will need a much more relaxed suit than what I have here. Overall I think loafers are a perfectly OK option during sunny days and summer in general. And one doesn't have to be in Milan to sport them with a suit.

i guess im the lone poster that digs your fits. But i prefer my coats snug and short. nothing wrong with that at all. fistbump.gif
post #34056 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

jake - much improved.
you could have the sleeves taken up at the shoulder, but it needs an expert, and i found it messes with the pitch.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Jake, that small collar with the pin looks incongruent with the jacket. Maybe a slim, modern jacket, but this jacket calls for a larger Italian looking collar. Also, the white collar thing looks tacky, imo. Also, the tie has some weird sheen to it, which makes it look a bit cheap.

I am realizing this shirt should be "relegated", or reassigned, to sports wearing. Regarding the tie, in fact it has a tone-on-tone paisley pattern, with a simmery finish, but I notice now this is not showing well in the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer View Post

+1
I'm not feeling this shirt at all with the fit. The collar is very rumpled versus the cleaner lines of the SC. Also, the colors and contrast are too much for the look.

See above... nod[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

The question is, are you going for a personal style statement with this look or are you attempting conservative business dress? If it is the former, then more power to you. If it is the latter, I will have to start a paragraph. shog[1].gif

I would say the former, even if this means I could be taken as chicken (that is, using that as an excuse). But I am learning, so I would like to read that paragraph! smile.gif

Thank you all!
post #34057 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

sometimes when im feeling a little frisky and spent the week in the gym ill go balls out and leave the top THREE undone....skin is in. lol8[1].gif

Nothing wrong with going Tommy Ford.
post #34058 of 78723

I wish I could go Tommy Ford. 

post #34059 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Noooooooooo! Its got to be the real deal. I'm sure someone can find out where they source that high quality felt they use on the competition tables.

not sure if you're serious, but virtually all competition tables are surfaced with Simonis wool cloth.
post #34060 of 78723

The two ties in the rich purple tone are just fantastic.


Edited by Apollotrader - 8/1/12 at 4:07pm
post #34061 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

not sure if you're serious, but virtually all competition tables are surfaced with Simonis wool cloth.

Indeed I am. I think it would make a cool project. And it would be wearable.
post #34062 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uunottaja View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Personally I feel that with odd jackets and more casual wear the "rules of classic style" don't really apply that strictly. I wouldn't wear that at work, the shirt is made of chambray for God's sake. That's me having a stroll and getting an ice cream downtown with my girl friend. The main reason I like a tad short jacket is the same as I like having a bit too short sleeves - I think it does give a small help to us short (5'8") people. Also that's no where near fashion-short, it covers about 75% of my rear. The same with timo's jacket. If the jacket was as long as Japan Alex' jacket there, how would it look taking the other pieces into account?
For work I cover my ass (and yes, this is from the casual end of the week, but will work as an example here).
10629853.jpg Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10629854.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10629855.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10629856.jpg
Also, dress codes are so different around the world. Here in Finland I'm by far the most formal in our office, which is without being too specific a business control department in a bigger company. If I worked in the UK or the US, I'd be in black toe caps and a leave the colorful silk home. Here however you can pull off brown suede and a bit more playfulness no problem. It's all so relative.

Some might like this but it looks like you're wearing your little brother's suit. Its just way too small for you. And the loafers are an abomination.
post #34063 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Some might like this but it looks like you're wearing your little brother's suit. Its just way too small for you. And the loafers are an abomination.

I think the button stance could be a little lower but overall i don't think it's too small
post #34064 of 78723
If you lowered the button stance, then the proportions of the jacket would be off. This is a philosophical divide. Fiddling around at the margins will not lead to a reconciliation. Either you like the short jackets or you don't.
post #34065 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

If you lowered the button stance, then the proportions of the jacket would be off. This is a philosophical divide. Fiddling around at the margins will not lead to a reconciliation. Either you like the short jackets or you don't.

Its not just short but too tight as well. The arms, shoulders, and chest are at least a size too small.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III