+ 1, then it is becoming more normal now and pretty nice. But I don't know loafers will always be casual outfits in my eyes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2271
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34052 of 787218/1/12 at 11:19amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I disagree with the bold part. Also, your jacket and trousers are on the tight side even if short is what you are going for.
Loafers traditionally were not accepted for business dress, but it has become accepted because it is so commonplace. I personally still wouldn't do it, but then again I wouldn't wear loafers ever.
I agree, they are tight, but still comfortable and retain the needed room I need. However, feedback is valued and I thank you for that. About loafers, I personally think they can even be worn without socks with a suit, although it will need a much more relaxed suit than what I have here. Overall I think loafers are a perfectly OK option during sunny days and summer in general. And one doesn't have to be in Milan to sport them with a suit.post #34053 of 787218/1/12 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
SB, sorry I couldn't quote you, but, when you say light in fabric do you mean like a linen or silk tie? Tie today is silk with a bit of texture like an oxford weave. Maybe a light blue linen tie or a blue or light purple patterned tie? I am clueless so any specific thoughts would be great.
Yes, linen, cotton, silk in a less refined weave, something like that. I like the combinations PSG comes up with for this type of jacket. Maybe he could offer some specifics. Plus, he's great with color.post #34054 of 787218/1/12 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Uunottaja
I agree, they are tight, but still comfortable and retain the needed room I need. However, feedback is valued and I thank you for that. About loafers, I personally think they can even be worn without socks with a suit, although it will need a much more relaxed suit than what I have here. Overall I think loafers are a perfectly OK option during sunny days and summer in general. And one doesn't have to be in Milan to sport them with a suit.
i guess im the lone poster that digs your fits. But i prefer my coats snug and short. nothing wrong with that at all.post #34055 of 787218/1/12 at 11:57amQuote:
Thank you!Quote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Jake, that small collar with the pin looks incongruent with the jacket. Maybe a slim, modern jacket, but this jacket calls for a larger Italian looking collar. Also, the white collar thing looks tacky, imo. Also, the tie has some weird sheen to it, which makes it look a bit cheap.
I am realizing this shirt should be "relegated", or reassigned, to sports wearing. Regarding the tie, in fact it has a tone-on-tone paisley pattern, with a simmery finish, but I notice now this is not showing well in the pic.Quote:
I would say the former, even if this means I could be taken as chicken (that is, using that as an excuse). But I am learning, so I would like to read that paragraph!
Thank you all!post #34056 of 787218/1/12 at 2:33pmpost #34057 of 787218/1/12 at 2:55pmpost #34058 of 787218/1/12 at 2:58pmpost #34059 of 787218/1/12 at 3:39pmpost #34060 of 787218/1/12 at 7:49pmpost #34061 of 787218/1/12 at 7:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by Uunottaja
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Personally I feel that with odd jackets and more casual wear the "rules of classic style" don't really apply that strictly. I wouldn't wear that at work, the shirt is made of chambray for God's sake. That's me having a stroll and getting an ice cream downtown with my girl friend. The main reason I like a tad short jacket is the same as I like having a bit too short sleeves - I think it does give a small help to us short (5'8") people. Also that's no where near fashion-short, it covers about 75% of my rear. The same with timo's jacket. If the jacket was as long as Japan Alex' jacket there, how would it look taking the other pieces into account?
For work I cover my ass (and yes, this is from the casual end of the week, but will work as an example here).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Some might like this but it looks like you're wearing your little brother's suit. Its just way too small for you. And the loafers are an abomination.post #34062 of 787218/1/12 at 8:29pmpost #34063 of 787218/1/12 at 8:41pmIf you lowered the button stance, then the proportions of the jacket would be off. This is a philosophical divide. Fiddling around at the margins will not lead to a reconciliation. Either you like the short jackets or you don't.post #34064 of 787218/1/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
Its not just short but too tight as well. The arms, shoulders, and chest are at least a size too small.post #34065 of 787218/1/12 at 8:51pm
Hi! New here... hope I'm posting this in the right thread.
Recently promoted to a new position at work where I am required to wear suit/sportcoat and tie everyday. Wardrobe is definitely limited, as I haven't invested in any clothes of this type in a long while. Today I'm wearing:
Shirt: Roundtree & York Gold Label
Tie: Jos. A Bank Signature Series
Still trying to figure out what kind of tie looks best with a spread collar... today I sported a 'Four in Hand'. Thoughts? (ps. I really hate the Windsor Knot)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 49 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 10 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Martin Margiela Men's Trench small 36-40 EU46-50 Taupe EXC+ Like New 24 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 24 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 25 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 28 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...