or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2270  

post #34036 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette View Post

Haha! Kidding aside, I could organise a small run of minimally lined threefold ties made of the vibrant green tweed in the photo.

Noooooooooo! Its got to be the real deal. I'm sure someone can find out where they source that high quality felt they use on the competition tables.
post #34037 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Noooooooooo! Its got to be the real deal. I'm sure someone can find out where they source that high quality felt they use on the competition tables.

china
post #34038 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

that's cool my german friend is still poor after 2 years in practice.

germans are not known for being good students, unfortunately.
post #34039 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post


O well if you are German, I can see your point. I rarely met any German guys less than 6 feet.
老外 is mandarin, I lived in Hong Kong and we use 鬼佬 for the same thing. just for your $0.02
睾 is different from 高, BTW do you read traditional chinese? that's cool my german friend is still poor after 2 years in practice.

 

I can't help but feel like if I'd studied simplified I'd still be able to read it. Traditional really is too complicated for most people.

post #34040 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

jacket is belvest correct? i tried that same coat on at neimans. didnt look as good on me as it does you. Probably wont help, but it looks tops with dark denim.
HAHA! hardly crusty! embrace your inner fabio!

Yep, it is a Belvest. Friend sent it to me from Italy as a present for completing my comprehensive exams. It is a pretty nice jacket and the linen feels like silk. Definitely the finest linen I have felt. I have worn it with dark denim but the problem is it is a bit loose in the chest and I feel it looks off in denim fits. Maybe I am just not used to things fitting "correctly" (though that term seems to be in hot debate today on the forum).

SB, sorry I couldn't quote you, but, when you say light in fabric do you mean like a linen or silk tie? Tie today is silk with a bit of texture like an oxford weave. Maybe a light blue linen tie or a blue or light purple patterned tie? I am clueless so any specific thoughts would be great.
post #34041 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

We are talking about trouser buttons, right? confused.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Moobs? Oh, I thought we were talking about button flies...

You waggish boys - very naughty, your ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

HAHA! hardly crusty! embrace your inner fabio!

To channel my inner Fabio, I'd also need to channel my inner wig-maker shog[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Maybe they hang that low? confused.gif

I can assre you that, even on their flabbiest days, my moobs do not extend below my waistband!
post #34042 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


germans are not known for being good students, unfortunately.

 

Thank god that Austria ranks behind Germany in the PISA test... that would have dented my ego otherwise musicboohoo[1].gif

post #34043 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

germans are not known for being good students, unfortunately.

you have some "interesting" opinions

lol8[1].giflol8[1].gif
post #34044 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

Yep, it is a Belvest. Friend sent it to me from Italy as a present for completing my comprehensive exams. It is a pretty nice jacket and the linen feels like silk. Definitely the finest linen I have felt. I have worn it with dark denim but the problem is it is a bit loose in the chest and I feel it looks off in denim fits. Maybe I am just not used to things fitting "correctly"

It looks like a great jacket that would be pretty versatile. I like the color as it can be worn through mild autumn. I don't really see any fit issues, it looks like you had all of the right work done on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

Thank god that Austria ranks behind Germany in the PISA test... that would have dented my ego otherwise musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif

That won't stop the Germans from enjoying cheap medical/law/engineering university degrees in Austria satisfied.gif
post #34045 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post

you have some "interesting" opinions
lol8[1].giflol8[1].gif

life teaches you a lot. actually, i was pulling clappys leg. he can handle that...
post #34046 of 78723
I tend to find (having spent a great deal of time in the German deparment at Uni, which was oddly mostly German expats) that they do fine if you can keep them away from the beer ;)
post #34047 of 78723
Personally I feel that with odd jackets and more casual wear the "rules of classic style" don't really apply that strictly. I wouldn't wear that at work, the shirt is made of chambray for God's sake. That's me having a stroll and getting an ice cream downtown with my girl friend. The main reason I like a tad short jacket is the same as I like having a bit too short sleeves - I think it does give a small help to us short (5'8") people. Also that's no where near fashion-short, it covers about 75% of my rear. The same with timo's jacket. If the jacket was as long as Japan Alex' jacket there, how would it look taking the other pieces into account?

For work I cover my ass (and yes, this is from the casual end of the week, but will work as an example here).

10629853.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10629854.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10629855.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10629856.jpg

Also, dress codes are so different around the world. Here in Finland I'm by far the most formal in our office, which is without being too specific a business control department in a bigger company. If I worked in the UK or the US, I'd be in black toe caps and a leave the colorful silk home. Here however you can pull off brown suede and a bit more playfulness no problem. It's all so relative.
post #34048 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uunottaja View Post

Personally I feel that with odd jackets and more casual wear the "rules of classic style" don't really apply that strictly. I wouldn't wear that at work, the shirt is made of chambray for God's sake. That's me having a stroll and getting an ice cream downtown with my girl friend. The main reason I like a tad short jacket is the same as I like having a bit too short sleeves - I think it does give a small help to us short (5'8") people. Also that's no where near fashion-short, it covers about 75% of my rear. The same with timo's jacket. If the jacket was as long as Japan Alex' jacket there, how would it look taking the other pieces into account?
For work I cover my ass (and yes, this is from the casual end of the week, but will work as an example here). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Also, dress codes are so different around the world. Here in Finland I'm by far the most formal in our office, which is without being too specific a business control department in a bigger company. If I worked in the UK or the US, I'd be in black toe caps and a leave the colorful silk home. Here however you can pull off brown suede and a bit more playfulness no problem. It's all so relative.

Love the colors here. Channeling my inner PB, I'd prefer black shoes on this fit.
post #34049 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uunottaja View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Personally I feel that with odd jackets and more casual wear the "rules of classic style" don't really apply that strictly. I wouldn't wear that at work, the shirt is made of chambray for God's sake. That's me having a stroll and getting an ice cream downtown with my girl friend. The main reason I like a tad short jacket is the same as I like having a bit too short sleeves - I think it does give a small help to us short (5'8") people. Also that's no where near fashion-short, it covers about 75% of my rear. The same with timo's jacket. If the jacket was as long as Japan Alex' jacket there, how would it look taking the other pieces into account?
For work I cover my ass (and yes, this is from the casual end of the week, but will work as an example here).
10629853.jpg Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10629854.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10629855.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10629856.jpg
Also, dress codes are so different around the world. Here in Finland I'm by far the most formal in our office, which is without being too specific a business control department in a bigger company. If I worked in the UK or the US, I'd be in black toe caps and a leave the colorful silk home. Here however you can pull off brown suede and a bit more playfulness no problem. It's all so relative.
You should never wear loafers under a suit.
post #34050 of 78723

Yes, you should.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III