Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:56 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2269post #34021 of 787218/1/12 at 7:00am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34022 of 787218/1/12 at 7:00ampost #34023 of 787218/1/12 at 7:01ampost #34024 of 787218/1/12 at 7:15amQuote:
Agreed, but you also just stated the difference between SF and the outside world. On these forums we critique centimeters and half inches. I'm sure there will be passers by who say man that dude had on a tight jacket. But most won't notice what we notice.
(then again, if you don't want some critiques you don't come here in the first place. I get it)post #34025 of 787218/1/12 at 7:21ampost #34026 of 787218/1/12 at 7:30amQuote:
Generally nice, but the bow looks like it's about to attack your neck. The knot is too tight, and you should shorten it (assuming it's adjustable) so that the bow isn't so wide when tied.Quote:Originally Posted by certified
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tie is too skinny. Logo/crest on tie is too naff.Quote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
Kind of boring today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I swear, all these off white/cream/stone pants are different colors/cuts/fabrics in real life, not wearing the same pants over and over haha. I need more summer pant variety though I think . May I ask for assistance on what to pair with this SC? I always feel like I am missing an element of color or pop with it. Pants, ties, shirts, etc would be nice to know your guys' thoughts.
Pants-BB cream white
Shoes-Brown suede chukka
Definitely a different tie. I would go lighter in both color and fabric.post #34027 of 787218/1/12 at 7:32amQuote:
Noooo toooo sexyyyyyyyyy noooooo!
Ahem, but yeah to your suggestion Derek, I have tried this with light grey wool and it works well, with my mid grey it seems out of place to me. The jacket is kind of a light brown/light tan chambray style weave and I worry mid grey is too dark with it. I have no issues pairing brown in the fall, in the summer I am lost. I was going to wear a berry pink tie with this today but decided it was too pastel for the brown base.post #34028 of 787218/1/12 at 7:36ampost #34029 of 787218/1/12 at 7:39ampost #34030 of 787218/1/12 at 7:40ampost #34031 of 787218/1/12 at 7:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
Noooo toooo sexyyyyyyyyy noooooo!
Ahem, but yeah to your suggestion Derek, I have tried this with light grey wool and it works well, with my mid grey it seems out of place to me. The jacket is kind of a light brown/light tan chambray style weave and I worry mid grey is too dark with it. I have no issues pairing brown in the fall, in the summer I am lost. I was going to wear a berry pink tie with this today but decided it was too pastel for the brown base.
jacket is belvest correct? i tried that same coat on at neimans. didnt look as good on me as it does you. Probably wont help, but it looks tops with dark denim.post #34032 of 787218/1/12 at 7:42ampost #34033 of 787218/1/12 at 7:44amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Things like you are describing here are a reality of the RTW world, however it is not this simple. Sometimes you will have pull lines on a jacket, but guess what? It is not tight! 2+2=4, but so does 3+1, alas! Sometimes you can have a smooth jacket that is tight 4+0=4! Alas!. There is more to fit than just "bigger" or "smaller". It has to do with the fact that we all have lumps, bumps and curves in different places that will still be prominent in a bigger, or smaller garment if of the same cut. If you are sticking to RTW you have to try on many brands and models until you find something that is cut the best for your figure. Things should "feel" comfortable and be smooth without the sacrifice of a sloven look.
There is no perfect fit when dealing with RTW. Especially if someone has an athletic and or muscular build. If you can get am RTW coat to fit 95% correct, you're doing fine, imo.post #34034 of 787218/1/12 at 7:46amQuote:
I was looking for a way to say this. My words came out all bitchy and mean.
Tighter and shorter are in fashion. However, proportions still play and there is too tight and too short. 'Fashion' isn't carte blanche for anything goes. There is still "That doesn't look right on you".post #34035 of 787218/1/12 at 7:49amQuote:
Noooooooooo! Its got to be the real deal. I'm sure someone can find out where they source that high quality felt they use on the competition tables.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 13 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 14 seconds ago
- › Wedding Gift Etiquette 39 seconds ago
- › +91-7062868274 black magic SPeCiALIST In BHUtan 44 seconds ago
- › +91-7062868274 black magic SPeCiALIST In Nidhrland 51 seconds ago
- › +91-7062868274 black magic SPeCiALIST In Kenya 2 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 3 minutes ago
- › +91-7062868274 black magic SPeCiALIST In Shimla Himachal Pradesh 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan