or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2261  

post #33901 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Agreed on all counts. Maybe some emergency tailoring on the blue suit? Or, you could just cuff the pants inward. The grey suit jacket looks too small. Maybe, pair that with the blue blazer?

I reckon, if he wore a white, double cuff shirt with the navy SC--on the lowest cufflink button--there might be enough cuff to be passable. Pair it with the grey trousers. Add a plain, brown tie? Boom: magic! smile.giftongue.gif
post #33902 of 78723
It's been a while...

post #33903 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daskarn View Post

Brown?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

400

 

400

 

 

 

Swedish midsummer!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

400

 

400

 

 

Work!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

400

 

400

 

 

Just some!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

400

 

400

 

Awesome.

post #33904 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette View Post

It's been a while...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1000

 

 

Wow man this is so freakin awesome, nice face, nice hair, nice outfit everything is perfect.. Where is this? 
post #33905 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post


Top one fits you well--bar the sleeves being too long and, also, the trousers. The bottom one fits you better in the trouser department, and, at least, there's some cuff, but the sleeves are almost too short, and there is terrible pulling in the arms! frown.gif
The buttoning point and lapels on both are nice. A little trad but better than too thin! smile.gif



This is a good comment. 


Liam, I like the shoes, and I reckon that your suiting game is strong.
What I would suggest is making sure that you ensure lapels aren't pressed flat when they're dry-cleaned but 'rolled'. There's a good guide on here somewhere about lapel rolls.

post #33906 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

I know this should be in "ask a question" but I trust this thread. Need a bit of help, as I'm utter pants at suits...

Neither fits particularly well, they're both far too hot for what I'm doing, and ignore the bowtie, I don't think I can pull that off.

I'm at a tradeshow starting thurs, and need at least two suits with me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I PM'd Liam O and he said he is going to Orlando for a trade show and that the suits are heavy.

I did this once with heavy suits when I was in my mid 20's and almost died. I went into a major department store and they put me into an inexpensive cotton blend tan suit that saved my life. They tailored it over night. I wore it with a patterned green tie one day and a patterned navy tie the next. It looked good with both white and blue shirts and with brown shoes. LiamO, is there any chance you can go out tonight to a local Dept store and do the same thing? You will look and feel so much better not wearing heavy fall/winter clothing in the humidity capital of the USA (Orlando). Wearing heavy clothing in FL this time of year will really look odd.
post #33907 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette View Post

It's been a while...

hard to tell, but it seems the tie is too short.

also, are you wearing jeans? if so, i think the jacket is to dressy for jeans.

great pic tho. ill PM you my address, send me some noice fabrics, mkay? smile.gif
post #33908 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

[/SPOILER]
I PM'd Liam O and he said he is going to Orlando for a trade show and that the suits are heavy.
I did this once with heavy suits when I was in my mid 20's and almost died. I went into a major department store and they put me into an inexpensive cotton blend tan suit that saved my life. They tailored it over night. I wore it with a patterned green tie one day and a patterned navy tie the next. It looked good with both white and blue shirts and with brown shoes. LiamO, is there any chance you can go out tonight to a local Dept store and do the same thing? You will look and feel so much better not wearing heavy fall/winter clothing in the humidity capital of the USA (Orlando). Wearing heavy clothing in FL this time of year will really look odd.

 

That would be a great plan if I had any money to spare at the moment, which I dont :(

the suits will be worn at night, and the glen plaid one is actually reasonably lightweight (unlined, very fine wool). 

 

During the day I'll be wearing chinos and an unlined cotton blazer (yes, the ugly one that doesnt fit, lol) with some variety of linen shirts.

 

Your idea is certainly better, but financing my fiancee's move to TN, my move to Iceland, paying for flights and saving money as I'll probabl not be permitted to work in Iceland, I have to be super stingy with my cash. Even a cheap cotton suit is a luxury I just can't afford atm.

post #33909 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette View Post

It's been a while... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Spectacular.
post #33910 of 78723
Very nice posts from some members recently. Esecially Daskarn. Go Nordic countries. smile.gif

Here's some testing with my new jacket. First up is orange, then blues with a chambray shirt. Pants white and then light grey.

10620043.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10620044.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10620045.jpg

10620046.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10620047.jpg
post #33911 of 78723

^ Nice, but why angry :( ?

post #33912 of 78723
^ No, that's me happy. You should see me playing ice hockey devil.gif
post #33913 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uunottaja View Post

^ No, that's me happy. You should see me playing ice hockey devil.gif

Lolz :D

post #33914 of 78723
Excuse my ignorant question, but does your jacket cover your behind?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uunottaja View Post

Very nice posts from some members recently. Esecially Daskarn. Go Nordic countries. smile.gif
Here's some testing with my new jacket. First up is orange, then blues with a chambray shirt. Pants white and then light grey.
10620043.jpg Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10620044.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10620045.jpg
10620046.jpg Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
10620047.jpg
post #33915 of 78723
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette View Post

It's been a while...

Please grab some billiard felt for me while you're there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III