Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2260
Styleforum Top Picks
AFAIK pool table felt is worsted wool and nylon. Not much different in texture from the worsted wool flannel that is used for some ties.
Good morning, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i REALLY like this. might be my fave fit of yours i have seen.
i dont think that the fact it it part of a suit, or the fact it is a hard 3 button, or the fact it has a ticket pocket make it non approved for SC use.
what is more important is,
1. the texture and look of the jacket, often the material/weave/look of a suit jacket is just a no go as a SC, sometimes though its ok.
2. a hard 3, really imo depends on the build of the wearer.
3. ticket pocket, i have a SC that has one, and never gave it a second thought.
all that being said, i agree with gdl below in this particular usage of the suit jacket as a SC.
I know this should be in "ask a question" but I trust this thread. Need a bit of help, as I'm utter pants at suits...
Neither fits particularly well, they're both far too hot for what I'm doing, and ignore the bowtie, I don't think I can pull that off.
I'm at a tradeshow starting thurs, and need at least two suits with me.
Accessories can be changed, plenty of shit options, really just wondering about suits here.
Top one fits you well--bar the sleeves being too long and, also, the trousers. The bottom one fits you better in the trouser department, and, at least, there's some cuff, but the sleeves are almost too short, and there is terrible pulling in the arms!
The buttoning point and lapels on both are nice. A little trad but better than too thin!
Edited by JapanAlex01 - 7/30/12 at 1:42pm
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Do you prefer women wearing panties or thongs? 1 second ago
- › FS: Bait x Asics Gel Lyte III - CAMO + Bait x Saucony - 9.5 55 seconds ago
- › C&J Black Chelsea Last 238 Size 7.5 UK 2 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › New MAISON KITSUNE navy jacket/peacoat - size S - RRP USD1449! 6 minutes ago
- › Forum feels clogged 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 14 minutes ago
- › Vintage images, a blast from the past 14 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw