or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2258  

post #33856 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post


Hi TKE

I drew a line across where the jacket should really sit in terms of length.



However it is a modern jacket as you say, so they cut an inch off, save some fabric cost, and call it fashion, so be it....

So..
1. Jacket is short
2. Jacket sleeve ends are short
3. Shirt cuffs seem wide.
4. Shirt collar sits low, and too spread for your body shape type (chat to Threadbearer he could help a lot there)

but..

You have made a big effort to dress really well, So well done TKE.

Lovely colours, I like the tie a lot, nice PS.

Of course, if you were asking me, I would say that a pair of medium to darkish grey trousers would be the ones to choose.
Edited by deandbn - 7/30/12 at 5:05am
post #33857 of 78722
Having been away for a few days, out in the country, wearing little of interest (or nothing at all), it is good to get back to the city and dress again somewhat in the style of a civilized human being.

Suit - HF
Shirt - Tyrhwitt
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - M P Levene, London
PS - PRL
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris

IMG_1186432x1024.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_1185337x1024.jpg

IMG_1182792x1024.jpg

IMG_1183652x1024.jpg

post #33858 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

Suit Supply says its shorter because its supposed to be a more casual type of a SC (its unpadded with no lining and it is 48% cotton and 42% wool and 10% poly) for a thicker feel thats more casual.  So the general census is that its too short?  All the blogs/menswear sites all say shorter jackets are better now but I don't know how short is too short.

i think it looks great...
post #33859 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

Jacket by SuitSupply
Shirt by TM Lewin
Tie by BB
Trousers by J. Crew

How does this SC fit?  I just bought it from SuitSupply.  Its the new fall line's copenhagen jacket.




I think someone else commented on the collar and tie. From what I can see from your decapitated head-photo, it looks like you have a long, thin neck. A wide spread collar and Windsor knot is a great choice for a guy with a shorter, thicker neck; therefore I think it is not a good choice for you. Try a point collar and a four-in hand knot.
post #33860 of 78722
Good morning, sorry for meh mirror pic but it shows my proportions much better than the poorly angled timer cell phone pics. Been under the weather the last few days so was nice to dress in something other than shorts and a t-shirt. Viva Italia in the Olympics!
Suit-Caruso
Tie-Land's End
Shirt-BB

7675998326_6062f1832f.jpg


7676126870_abdbcc68cd.jpg

Edited by Citan1145 - 7/30/12 at 7:55am
post #33861 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

Good morning, sorry for meh mirror pic but it shows my proportions much better than the poorly angled timer cell phone pics. Been under the weather the last few days so was nice to dress in something other than shorts and a t-shirt. Viva Italia in the Olympics!
Suit-Caruso
Tie-Land's End
Shirt-BB
7675998326_6062f1832f.jpg

7676126870_abdbcc68cd.jpg

Grey suits aren't really my taste but fit looks pretty spot on and that tie … icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Not sure about the pale blue shirt with grey suit though, maybe a crisp white shirt would make this outfit pop but this could just be my personal taste coming through.
post #33862 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Having been away for a few days, out in the country, wearing little of interest (or nothing at all), it is good to get back to the city and dress again somewhat in the style of a civilized human being.
Suit - HF
Shirt - Tyrhwitt
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - M P Levene, London
PS - PRL
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_1182792x1024.jpg

Those cufflinks are so freakin cool!

post #33863 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by like a BOSS View Post

Grey suits aren't really my taste but fit looks pretty spot on and that tie … icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Not sure about the pale blue shirt with grey suit though, maybe a crisp white shirt would make this outfit pop but this could just be my personal taste coming through.

Thanks for the comment. I don't think I could live without light grey suits. I find them to be more fun to wear than dark colors and my career doesn't really call for conservative colors except for interviews. I am actually hoping to have a light grey flannel made up me for in the winter if my MTM attempt for a navy suit works out in the fall. A white shirt would have been a good call as well, thanks!
post #33864 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

Suit Supply says its shorter because its supposed to be a more casual type of a SC (its unpadded with no lining and it is 48% cotton and 42% wool and 10% poly) for a thicker feel thats more casual.  So the general census is that its too short?  All the blogs/menswear sites all say shorter jackets are better now but I don't know how short is too short.


TKE the jacket length is good. As stated already, sleeves of either the shirt or jacket need to be shortened/lengthened

post #33865 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Those cufflinks are so freakin cool!

Thank you - I thought so as well, hence the fact that I bought them smile.gif.
post #33866 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

Good morning, sorry for meh mirror pic but it shows my proportions much better than the poorly angled timer cell phone pics. Been under the weather the last few days so was nice to dress in something other than shorts and a t-shirt. Viva Italia in the Olympics!
Suit-Caruso
Tie-Land's End
Shirt-BB
7675998326_6062f1832f.jpg

7676126870_abdbcc68cd.jpg

I think this is fantastic. Nothing else to say. Well done.

post #33867 of 78722
How not SF approved is it to wear a 3 button suit jacket as a sport coat? I'd think it could be passable sans ticket pocket


MTM
MTM
MTM
AE Clifton - Burgundy
Deets (Click to show)
Ended up leaving the coat at home (Click to show)
post #33868 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post


great stuff Citan. i really like the tie as well...i probably wouldve gone with a white shirt though.....And where the eff is the pocket square?? fight[1].gif hahaha
post #33869 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip42 View Post

How not SF approved is it to wear a 3 button suit jacket as a sport coat? I'd think it could be passable sans ticket pocket

 

I don't think so, if it fits and look nice that's what matter. All this SF approved is bullshit. And your outfit is pretty nice maybe to large shirt but otherwise good.

post #33870 of 78722
^ Totally SF unapproved! tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip42 View Post

How not SF approved is it to wear a 3 button suit jacket as a sport coat? I'd think it could be passable sans ticket pocket

MTM
MTM
MTM
AE Clifton - Burgundy Deets (Click to show)
Ended up leaving the coat at home (Click to show)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III