Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2246post #33676 of 787197/26/12 at 9:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33677 of 787197/26/12 at 9:43ampost #33678 of 787197/26/12 at 9:44ampost #33679 of 787197/26/12 at 9:46ampost #33680 of 787197/26/12 at 10:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
For me, I would say that specs "feel" like a very informal shoe, on par with loafers. I'm actually not certain where they traditionally fit, but I mentally associate them with the racetrack, the golf course, and the seaside. So they felt very natural with a simple summery polo and chinos. Cordovan, by contrast, "feels" more countryside and rural to me and I'm not sure that would have been right for the rest of the outfit. Anyway, thanks for the feedback; it's all grist to the mill.
You make some very good points HF. After thinking about this a bit more, instead of using the term "formal", I think "flashy" is more appropriate. The outfit is pretty subdued, and then you get to the shoes and BAM! I think that's more accurate than stating they are too formal.post #33681 of 787197/26/12 at 10:05amQuote:
What is the fucking point of this comment? Stop worrying about whatever is in his mouth unless you have a personal wish to take its place.post #33682 of 787197/26/12 at 10:13ampost #33683 of 787197/26/12 at 10:16ampost #33684 of 787197/26/12 at 10:55amQuote:
I believe it's a gun that is pointed at the photographer, who he took hostage after too many complaints regarding how dark the last photo was.post #33685 of 787197/26/12 at 11:00amQuote:
It's a measuring tape and protractor. I was meticulously measuring my Borrelli collar for yyw. I felt bad after he made a thread and couldn't get a single member to take 5 minutes. Poor guy.post #33686 of 787197/26/12 at 11:30ampost #33687 of 787197/26/12 at 11:35ampost #33688 of 787197/26/12 at 11:35ampost #33689 of 787197/26/12 at 12:29pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1702 Active Users (418 Members and 1284 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 seconds ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Wing Tip Boots, Commando Soles, Barrie Last, Size 7 9 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 37 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Recommend a good paring knife 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › SCAMMER ALERT, Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...