suit looks great...i like the shirt as well. as others have said, Im just not liking the tie at all. switch it for a solid navy or brown with some texture...good to great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2245post #33661 of 787197/26/12 at 6:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33662 of 787197/26/12 at 6:15amQuote:
Sorry gentlemen... I still like the tie.
I will be over in the corner, marinating in my shame.post #33663 of 787197/26/12 at 6:23amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by deandbn
Barney should go get himself dressed correctly in his outfit and take some proper pics and post them to show us what he is actually capable of.
There are winner's and loser's in this world. Some loser's are happy to post second rate pics of themselves, and then have the audacity to tell the world (and yes this is the world - complete with your face on it) that that pic was the best. How bad could the other pics have been. In my opinion i think you should redeem your reputation Mister and start being proud of what you look like out there so you can start becoming a winner.
critiques like this are completely a waste of time. unhelpful. Id take a word of your own advise...lose the attitude and unuseful help because its doing YOU no favors.
/rant.post #33664 of 787197/26/12 at 7:52ampost #33665 of 787197/26/12 at 8:00ampost #33666 of 787197/26/12 at 8:01ampost #33667 of 787197/26/12 at 8:25ampost #33668 of 787197/26/12 at 8:51ampost #33669 of 787197/26/12 at 9:01am
I'd welcome constructive criticism. Fit is more than passable from the ankles up. (Aside from the shitty dimple)
JapanAlex is making reference to the comments I made about his polos that don't fit. I suggested he look into Kent Wang/Sunspel/J Crew slim fitpost #33670 of 787197/26/12 at 9:07am
For me, I would say that specs "feel" like a very informal shoe, on par with loafers. I'm actually not certain where they traditionally fit, but I mentally associate them with the racetrack, the golf course, and the seaside. So they felt very natural with a simple summery polo and chinos. Cordovan, by contrast, "feels" more countryside and rural to me and I'm not sure that would have been right for the rest of the outfit. Anyway, thanks for the feedback; it's all grist to the mill.
I like the tie as well. But not for that outfit. It would be great with a navy jacket and cream/white trousers though. It has a breezy, summery, coastal vibe that would complement a similar outfit IMO.
Talking of summer, it was another gorgeous day here. Managed to find time in mid-afternoon to go lounge in the sun for an hour or two in the University Parks.post #33671 of 787197/26/12 at 9:08am
It may be the picture, which is very dark, but the pants are too close in color to the jacket, the wrinkling in the shirt makes it appear too big, and the jacket appears shapeless because of the position of your arms and the darkness of the picture.post #33672 of 787197/26/12 at 9:12amQuote:
It's the pic. Navy jacket, brown tie, grey slacks.post #33673 of 787197/26/12 at 9:14amQuote:
These gents all have about three-quarter shoe coverage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_suitpost #33674 of 787197/26/12 at 9:20amQuote:Originally Posted by jrd617
Spoo-ing is the new Tebow-ing
Zegna Mila blazer
Quarter break. Sue me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pro tip: Don't post horribly exposed photos.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Mod to Suedehead 12 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 53 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?