suit looks great...i like the shirt as well. as others have said, Im just not liking the tie at all. switch it for a solid navy or brown with some texture...good to great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2245post #33661 of 787217/26/12 at 6:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33662 of 787217/26/12 at 6:15amQuote:
Sorry gentlemen... I still like the tie.
I will be over in the corner, marinating in my shame.post #33663 of 787217/26/12 at 6:23amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by deandbn
Barney should go get himself dressed correctly in his outfit and take some proper pics and post them to show us what he is actually capable of.
There are winner's and loser's in this world. Some loser's are happy to post second rate pics of themselves, and then have the audacity to tell the world (and yes this is the world - complete with your face on it) that that pic was the best. How bad could the other pics have been. In my opinion i think you should redeem your reputation Mister and start being proud of what you look like out there so you can start becoming a winner.
critiques like this are completely a waste of time. unhelpful. Id take a word of your own advise...lose the attitude and unuseful help because its doing YOU no favors.
/rant.post #33664 of 787217/26/12 at 7:52ampost #33665 of 787217/26/12 at 8:00ampost #33666 of 787217/26/12 at 8:01ampost #33667 of 787217/26/12 at 8:25ampost #33668 of 787217/26/12 at 8:51ampost #33669 of 787217/26/12 at 9:01am
I'd welcome constructive criticism. Fit is more than passable from the ankles up. (Aside from the shitty dimple)
JapanAlex is making reference to the comments I made about his polos that don't fit. I suggested he look into Kent Wang/Sunspel/J Crew slim fitpost #33670 of 787217/26/12 at 9:07am
For me, I would say that specs "feel" like a very informal shoe, on par with loafers. I'm actually not certain where they traditionally fit, but I mentally associate them with the racetrack, the golf course, and the seaside. So they felt very natural with a simple summery polo and chinos. Cordovan, by contrast, "feels" more countryside and rural to me and I'm not sure that would have been right for the rest of the outfit. Anyway, thanks for the feedback; it's all grist to the mill.
I like the tie as well. But not for that outfit. It would be great with a navy jacket and cream/white trousers though. It has a breezy, summery, coastal vibe that would complement a similar outfit IMO.
Talking of summer, it was another gorgeous day here. Managed to find time in mid-afternoon to go lounge in the sun for an hour or two in the University Parks.post #33671 of 787217/26/12 at 9:08am
It may be the picture, which is very dark, but the pants are too close in color to the jacket, the wrinkling in the shirt makes it appear too big, and the jacket appears shapeless because of the position of your arms and the darkness of the picture.post #33672 of 787217/26/12 at 9:12amQuote:
It's the pic. Navy jacket, brown tie, grey slacks.post #33673 of 787217/26/12 at 9:14amQuote:
These gents all have about three-quarter shoe coverage.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_suitpost #33674 of 787217/26/12 at 9:20amQuote:Originally Posted by jrd617
Spoo-ing is the new Tebow-ing
Zegna Mila blazer
Quarter break. Sue me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pro tip: Don't post horribly exposed photos.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 12 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 16 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...