or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2241  

post #33601 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Iratecustomer thinks non-black shoes should be worn on all occasions. He is my nemesis.

I also think real men should have little to no hair...Have at thee!
post #33602 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

Curious, what do you think it could use work on. Funny thing about SF, people have stated this is one of my better fitting jackets, others have disliked it. If I take in the waist, it looks too tight and hourglass like, the shoulders lay well on me. FWIW the tie is bright yellow/gold, not mango. Again, not beiing defensive, just curious.

Hmmm. On second look it seems the sleeves are a bit long and there's some odd pulling in the shoulder and under shoulder. Could be the pose though. Definitely wouldn't take it in more. Already hourglass shaped enough. Do you have a big ass and a small waist?

Even with the color correction I still don't like the tie. Have to agree with the other poster who said it would look way better as a tieless outfit + square. Would be a killer casual combo.

And don't let these pricks get to you. You never have to worry about being defensive or questioning why someone says what they say. Just come on out with it. Granted, it'll probably get you nothing but frustration in the end, but its better than keeping your mouth shut.
post #33603 of 78717
tumblr_m7q681qW321qapbr2o2_500.jpg
tumblr_m7q681qW321qapbr2o1_500.jpg
tumblr_m7q61lswYN1qapbr2o1_r1_500.jpg

+ dancing iGent!

tumblr_m7q6bsh2sC1qapbr2o1_500.jpg
post #33604 of 78717
^ I don't think I have a big ass but I am not assless. Somewhere in between? My chest is 42 around and my waist 33. The odd pulling is likely pose but it could be that the jacket was a b&s purchased that was likely altered by the previous owner. I let the waist out but did not touch the chest. I think the rippling in the shoulder/chest may be the canvas and the way it lays? Not sure but in person, straight on, it looks ok to me and I have looked at this forum enough to know if something is off.

My alterations tailor let the sleeves down too much and, admittedly, I was too lazy to take it back. Also, some of my shirts I am out growing, as my shoulders have widened, my shirt sleeves have gotten too short. Need to upgrade and refresh my shirts!

The tie I can see, solid yellow doesn't seem popular, I just wanted to try it out. Thanks for the suggestion, I will try a similar scheme with a PS in the future (once I buy some).

Naw, I don't really like getting defensive or making a big stink. This is all about opinions and perceptions, not facts and neutral observations. I know I have made improvements and can continue to improve. Thanks for the feedback.
post #33605 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Iratecustomer thinks non-black shoes should be worn on all occasions. He is my nemesis.

What are black shoes?
post #33606 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


i speak only for myself here, but i imagine that even though we all know that perfection is impossible for most people, we all like to think that maybe once in a while we can achieve it. as well, perfection in these areas is highly subjective. even here you will find fits that some think are indeed perfect or very close to it, and others think they are no good for one reason or another.
there are certain rules of classic mens dress that some adhere to, and others do not. being outside of those lines is sometimes enough for some to feel that a fit is not perfect, despite how good it may look. others feel that the rules are meant to be bent, and are more of a general guideline than a strict set of rules. whatever ones opinion, and for the most part we are all entitled to our different point of views assuming they are reasonable, there will rarely be a consensus on sartorial perfection.
as to motivation, no doubt it varies as well. sir f being one extreme example. there is certainly a rush of excitement in the hope of getting internet adulation, but i think most people earnestly want to look their best, and achieve a sense of satisfaction and pride within themselves in how they present themselves. it is a difficult task, and there is great satisfaction in its success.
those are my thoughts. thanks for bringing up the question, it is one well worth pondering and discussing i think.

 

 Good post.

 

 Personally, I'm more concerned with trying to impress women I'm attracted to and hoping to get them to like something about me. I already get compliments from them and i don't know how to dress anywhere nearly as well as the guys on this forum. I'm glad they're willing to post pics of what they're wearing. It gives me ideas for certain "looks" etc.

 

 This thread is very interesting and even the critiques are good to read. IMO a lot of it is about personal taste anyway.

post #33607 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 Good post.

Personally, I'm more concerned with trying to impress women I'm attracted to and hoping to get them to like something about me. I already get compliments from them and i don't know how to dress anywhere nearly as well as the guys on this forum. I'm glad they're willing to post pics of what they're wearing. It gives me ideas for certain "looks" etc.

This thread is very interesting and even the critiques are good to read. IMO a lot of it is about personal taste anyway.

I'll warn you 99.9% of girls have no clue how men should dress. Beyond that the spirit of this forum is far beyond dressing to get laid. To be honest, the most "prolific" guys I know all dress like complete shit. Though they may like to think the contrary, girls are not innately attracted to properly tailored and fitted clothing. They have far more to worry about when it comes to judging every other girl in the room. No need to add to the headache by tacking on mens style.

Beyond that, and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, it is often said around these parts that if someone comments on how great you look, you're doing something wrong. I think most would agree that the original intent of this forum and members was to dress so well and so situation-appropriate, that only your details give you away. That is to say, the best dressed people are generally those you never see. Just word to the wise there.
post #33608 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_1176863x1280.jpg
 

 

Lovely fit, but really, is no one gonna comment on how the reflection in the lenses makes it look like his eyes are on fire and a little demonic??rotflmao.gif

post #33609 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandbn View Post

Pretty funky colours, but very intense. A good fit for 23 posts. In terms of texture and pattern not too bad either.
Post Edit: Ahhh!!! I gotit now, your twenty3 and this is your 23rd post... Cool icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
 

lol, Thanx for the compliment. FWIW, the name Twenty3 came from the number 23 which was the color number in the SKU for navy anything at...... hold your breath.... Abercrombie & Fitch when I used to work there in college (ah, the blissful ignorance of youth laugh.gif). I have always loved the color navy and thought EVERYONE looks good in navy, and anything piece of clothing at Abercrombie & Fitch was ALWAYS offered in navy in addition to whatever other colors. End of excerpt from my bio 

post #33610 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


I'll warn you 99.9% of girls have no clue how men should dress. Beyond that the spirit of this forum is far beyond dressing to get laid. To be honest, the most "prolific" guys I know all dress like complete shit. Though they may like to think the contrary, girls are not innately attracted to properly tailored and fitted clothing. They have far more to worry about when it comes to judging every other girl in the room. No need to add to the headache by tacking on mens style.
Beyond that, and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, it is often said around these parts that if someone comments on how great you look, you're doing something wrong. I think most would agree that the original intent of this forum and members was to dress so well and so situation-appropriate, that only your details give you away. That is to say, the best dressed people are generally those you never see. Just word to the wise there.

 

Most men these days don't know how to dress either. Most of them wear t-shirts and jeans with running shoes. Most men can't dress well because they eat too much, don't exercise and are too fat to look good.

 

Of course most women don't know how men should dress (they're women) and they do worry about the other women.

 

 I think that dressing well does in fact attract them.

post #33611 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

Most men these days don't know how to dress either. Most of them wear t-shirts and jeans with running shoes. Most men can't dress well because they eat too much, don't exercise and are too fat to look good.

Of course most women don't know how men should dress (they're women) and they do worry about the other women.

 I think that dressing well does in fact attract them.

Totally agree with the men not knowing how to dress. And the fact that we are all here obviously demonstrates commitment and an interest in breaking that slovenly cliche.

In regards to attracting women by dressing well: On the whole, yes. Undoubtedly. However, I think the more time you spend 'round these parts you'll find it's a far more nuanced thing. I meant to say that getting laid is a side effect and not the goal. A girl sees a guy in a suit and is intrigued. However, that suit could be of terrible quality and fit atrociously and she likely wouldn't know or mind the difference between him and someone dressed in a bespoke suit from Rubinacci.

When the bar is set so low by the vast majority of men (as you alluded to), it's not that hard to impress by doing the bare minimum. In contrast, SF exists to get as far away from the lowest common denominator as possible. Reveling in the details that create a natural, confident and appropriate style. Now, how successful we all are at doing that is obviously debatable.
post #33612 of 78717
That's stupid. If you're the type of person who dresses to impress women, you will fail, especially with the right ones. However, for men who dress for themselves and do it very well, then there often is a kind of charisma that can attract many women.
post #33613 of 78717
That's a much simpler way of getting to my point. Thank you, sir. biggrin.gif
post #33614 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

That's stupid. If you're the type of person who dresses to impress women, you will fail, especially with the right ones. However, for men who dress for themselves and do it very well, then there often is a kind of charisma that can attract many women.

  Not really. You can do both. You're kind of agreeing with me. I like clothes but am learning. I'd never thought about pocketsquares until I started looking at this forum, for example.

 

 There's no failure involved. If they're interested it won't ultimately be about the clothes anyway. 

post #33615 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


Totally agree with the men not knowing how to dress. And the fact that we are all here obviously demonstrates commitment and an interest in breaking that slovenly cliche.
In regards to attracting women by dressing well: On the whole, yes. Undoubtedly. However, I think the more time you spend 'round these parts you'll find it's a far more nuanced thing. I meant to say that getting laid is a side effect and not the goal. A girl sees a guy in a suit and is intrigued. However, that suit could be of terrible quality and fit atrociously and she likely wouldn't know or mind the difference between him and someone dressed in a bespoke suit from Rubinacci.
When the bar is set so low by the vast majority of men (as you alluded to), it's not that hard to impress by doing the bare minimum. In contrast, SF exists to get as far away from the lowest common denominator as possible. Reveling in the details that create a natural, confident and appropriate style. Now, how successful we all are at doing that is obviously debatable.

  Well, I'm not interested in clothes purely to get laid. Yeah, that could be a side effect. If you look good and they notice then that's a positive. If you look bad and the clothes don't fit then they'll also take notice. They may laugh at you.

 

 I meant to say that the bar is pretty low these days as you said but I let that work for me. One lady said that I "stand out".

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III