or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2233  

post #33481 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post

that's normal, people in Chile should laugh of you guys because you wear suits...
It depends on which country the person lives

No one wears suits over there? How about lawyers, managers, bankers, etc. ?
post #33482 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post

I'd say unless that country starts with Transyl and ends with vania then you'll get funny looks where ever you go. Suits are one thing but capes are a whole different ballgame.
The OP would do well to wear them with something a bit more formal than what he is now if he wants to pull it off.

Anyone want to start the cape vs poncho thread?
Edited by sinnedk - 7/24/12 at 1:05am
post #33483 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegantly Wasted View Post

No one wears suits over there? How about lawyers, managers, bankers, etc. ?

few people wear suits here, some lawyers don't even wear them.

and now sinnedk, stop with the topic.

not because you don't wear a PONCHO (because is poncho, not pancho... aprende a escribir) or a cape you will start the fire again... kid.
post #33484 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by like a BOSS View Post

Love the tie! Is it raw silk? The pics aren't very sharp. Overall fit looks good but your pants do look as though they are sitting just slightly too long IMHO. Could you provide deets on the overall outfit please.

Thanks! The tie is one of my favourites, it is Drake's raw silk. I really like the texture it adds, an ideal summer tie.

Agreed, the pictures aren't too sharp, I'll have to look into geting a real camera.
For example, the socks are bottle green but appear greyish here.

You are quite right to point out the length of the trousers.
Convincing a tailor to give you little/ no break is quite tough to do.
I'm sure I could press him but I'm happy to have him gradually understand my tastes.
The waists on my jackets are becoming more supressed and the legs on my trousers a little slimmer too.

My latest pair of mohair/ wool, summer trousers came out very nicely , so I think we have reached a turning point.
These will be going back soon.

The full fit:

Jacket - Isaia, linen
Shirt - MTM in Bangkok
Tie - Drakes, raw silk
Cufflinks - T&A
Belt - 3$ in a Shanghai market
Trousers - Brooks Brothers, cotton
Socks - New and Lingwood
Shoes - Meermin
Pocket Square - unbranded
post #33485 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

I don't know but wearing a cape would look strange worldwide?

Now this is a mistake I think.

Even in your country 's ( Common Wealth I suppose ?) this is not strange "always and everywhere."

It depends all the time from the contekst.

You do not go in hot pants to the church,

you forget about the ruffled jeans and nikes for the new years reception and, yes,

no furcoats on the beach when the temperatures are above 20 degrees Celsius.

 

Some things migth not be shared by the majority, but that is a different thing.

Things which are not copied by the majority are not per definition strange.

It migth draw attention and sometimes it does, but this does not have to be always negative.

 

On the contrary I can say ( No do not tell me these people were only "courteous" to me)

Acceptance has always to do with contekst.

and with combination.

 

Capes in itself are not ridiculous, that 's my opinion.

But the challenge is all the time how to combine them wel.

I am still looking for this.

And I do admit this combination ( as seen on the pictures) can a lot better.

 

With or without cape.

 

But take the cape away and then you take the challenge away.

That will be the easiest way but  then you will not discover something new.

I migth be wrong but if this forum is only to confirm what we already think or like,

there will never be discovered something which is really innovating and new.

 

As long as I do consider capes as stylish, elegant and timeless

I will go for that challenge, not because I am personally obsessed by it

but because designers here  try to re - style and re - introduce them also for men.

And I think men 's fashion did lost a lot of nice items.

post #33486 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepigeon View Post

And I think men 's fashion did lost a lot of nice items.


ducreux_haters_gonna_hate.gif
post #33487 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post


I'd say unless that country starts with Transyl and ends with vania then you'll get funny looks where ever you go. Suits are one thing but capes are a whole different ballgame.
The OP would do well to wear them with something a bit more formal than what he is now if he wants to pull it off.

Not only "funny" looks.

Also admirable looks. And appreciation.

People do not happen to have all together the same fashiontaste.

They differ in it.

This forum proves it also by the way.

 

But the credo here has sung  a little bit too long to my humbe opinion

that the border here lies by the acceptance of the cape for men.

Do not cross that border..............!

 

For my opinion a better one but we are not talking here actually about the capes for men.

Is not it  all about fear by men  being a  a little different from others ?

I think fashion needs men without fear to come to new things.

Without borders. Yes, because if at forehand you draw borders,

you will imprison innovation.

 

Try outs in reality will prove most of the time if new things get trough or not.

The criterium : one has to feel comfortable on the street.

The criterium is not : you are "out of place"  if you happen to get  'a funny look'.

This migth even happen without cape.

If the fear for "funny looks" should be the criterium,

my advice is : try to dress as average as possible.

Do not do things which arouse deligthement or disapprovement.

Stay for ever in the middle.

Stay average.

And have a slowly fashiondead.

post #33488 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander View Post

few people wear suits here, some lawyers don't even wear them.
and now sinnedk, stop with the topic.
not because you don't wear a PONCHO (because is poncho, not pancho... aprende a escribir) or a cape you will start the fire again... kid.

so far the cape is winning, he writes better than you do
post #33489 of 78724
From Sunday:

post #33490 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Is this the first time someone post wearing a cape in this thread? I don't know whitepigeon it's your life but that shit looks so funny and I laugh every time, cant help it.

Have a good laugh.

Its okay.

But I should like to laugh with you.

Give some more explanation if you like.

post #33491 of 78724
You know White Pigeon, after 15.281 words I think I finally get your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepigeon 
Capes in itself are not ridiculous, that 's my opinion.
But the challenge is all the time how to combine them wel.
I am still looking for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepigeon 
But take the cape away and then you take the challenge away.
That will be the easiest way but  then you will not discover something new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepigeon 
As long as I do consider capes as stylish, elegant and timeless
I will go for that challenge, not because I am personally obsessed by it

The Challenge.

You are on an intellectual pursue, I find that admirable.

Yet, you have hit a wall.
Capes have gone the way of the dodo, just like neckties and suits will do sooner than later.

Why not then, switch you intellectual power on to a new Challenge?

There is a certain conflictive item in today's men's fashion;
it is mainstream yet still faces great opposition and discrimination.

Take it and elevate it to great heights of elegance and taste.
That will be your glory.

I give you:


multisag.jpg


The gauntlet sag is waiting for you.
post #33492 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by david4991 View Post

From Sunday:
700

A pity I can't see your trousers or shoes.

The picture is too far away taken to be able to give a correct judgement about your sweater and shirt.

But as far as I can see it from a distance : it looks good.

What a pity your face cannot be seen.

In general : to judge if a combination makes a person stylish or elegant etc.

I would prefer to see the colour of the eyes and the hair.

Do call me old - fashioned but I think they are also determinant in a way

if a combination goes well by a certain person or not.

post #33493 of 78724
Please be aware Sir, your fits are never boring, nearly always awesome!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Boring fit, busy day Monday:
2d430893.jpg
post #33494 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandbn View Post

Please be aware Sir, your fits are never boring, nearly always awesome!!

Quoted for truth.
post #33495 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandbn View Post

Please be aware Sir, your fits are never boring, nearly always awesome!!

It 's actually the first outfit I see : Looks promising, if not to say beautiful !  Well done !

I was wondering about the colour of the belt, your socks and your shoes. May be you can tell something more ?

 

( What is it al the time people do not show their faces ? I reget it because colour of the eyes and hair are als - for me - determinant if a combination goes well with a certain person. If this is for privacy - reasons I do respect this ofcourse )

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III