Beautiful Outfit Sir, not wacky at all IMHO. In fact I think it has a lot of class TBH.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2228
Styleforum Top Picks
Despite the fact that your passage sounds like Clarice Starling addressing Hannibal Lecter in his cell, I will try.
Well, to answer your question, I need to go back...way back...to the Big Bang.
Since that point, it seems that the universe has been going from states of higher order to states of greater disorder. This condition of entropy offers a clue of why time moves only forward. Time never moves backward.
You're with me so far, right?
Okay: this brings us to powdered wigs.
Here is a digital image of a remarkable painting:
[note: real painting is much bigger than what appears on your computer or cell phone screen.]
Portrayed is the Earl of Buckinhamshire, by Gainsborough. He wears a powdered wig, but also a fabulous ermine cape.
As a man with a regal bearing myself, I easily recognize it in others. And I see it here. The Earl is on the old and nearly dead side as shown in the painting, true, but he looks really great.
Now, should then a man today wear a powdered wig? In other words, to find a point at which such a wig looks pretty cool, I would have to reverse the state of entropy in which the Big Bang left us.
The same, I fear, is true of the cape...ermine or otherwise.
Will I defy entropy? No sir, this I will not do.
And neither should others, or so say I.
I do not know your age Sir, or where you are living.
Your profile says nothing about it.
But if you happen to be in the same state of health now as the Earl you described on the picture
I will not advice you to go to for a change to a European fashion show (Paris, Milan)
The confrontation with what the European trolls have breeded out this time
migth be too much for you and I am the last here who wants to overask people.
A pity though : it could have broaden your mind but may be its too much asked for the moment.
I can live with it and probably - and that is more important - you too.
That said, I must give you a compliment for your answer : really high quality prose and humor of a high level !
Do call me old - fashioned because I still do wear capes, but nevertheless I can appreciate it.Thanks.
You keep citing European fashionhouses and runway.
That's where the capes belong, along with the designerwear photos observed in this thread.
I think you are rigth when it concerns the cape - pictures of Sir Corbera.Even I do agree with that. Impossible to disagree with that.
But I hope you do disagree with me that automatically all pictures of men wearing capes today do belong to this collection.
That is, if I may say so, a bridge too far.
Have a look at the picture album of this Fall / Winter 2012 and tell me your opinion.
( Good heavens do the European Fashionhouses have such a bad name in this forum ..........?)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Things that are pissing you off. 10 seconds ago
- › Need advice for coordinating a Tux with an oddly colored dress!... 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › A Black James Bond - How About It? 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Who's your favorite James Bond? 11 minutes ago
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw