Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2227post #33391 of 787197/23/12 at 1:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33392 of 787197/23/12 at 1:59pmQuote:
No. I am pushing nothing.
I have always said : If you don't like them, do not wear them.
I only wondered what kind of obstacles men who do like to wear capes have to confront
when they want to buy one or they want to wear one. That 's all.
I am not here to convert people.
I was directing myself to men who already do think in the same ( positive ) way
about the re - styling and the re - introduction of the mancape by famous fashiondesigners in Europe.
It was not my intention to involve forummembers who have nothing with the issue.
I should say : if it is really not your subject, please be so courteous not to interfere.
And try to be a gentleman and do not make things all the time ridiculous.
Some members of the forum here likes to present the whole issue as a personal hobby of me.
They do not even seem to know about the recent developments in the big European fashionhouses.
I do not think they even want to know.
They only want to hear and want to see what they already believed : capes are out of time and ridiculous.
If you keep on telling that to yourself and others, it becomes a belief.
This belief here has its own life and do not dare to say or to show other things about it :
So may be its better to let people stay in their own belief and perception of reality.
It will make them feel probably much more comfortable.
I hope you did get your reply.post #33393 of 787197/23/12 at 1:59pmpost #33394 of 787197/23/12 at 2:02pmAs a counterpoint to F. Corbera's recent post of the painting of the Earl in a cape, here is a modern incarnation.
Excellent drape, and there appears to be a good bit of handwork. Also, considering the beautiful specimen in the left background, what about modern use of parasols?post #33395 of 787197/23/12 at 2:04pmpost #33396 of 787197/23/12 at 2:06pmQuote:
Brooks Bros? Really? REALLY?!?!?!?post #33397 of 787197/23/12 at 2:07pmpost #33398 of 787197/23/12 at 2:10pmThe best part is one user's reviewQuote:When Daisy first presented the poncho to me, I truly thought she had overpaid. How much better could it be than the Bulldog-emblazoned poncho I had purchased at a recent rainy Yale-Dartmouth game. But when I first broke out the Brooks Brothers poncho during the rainstorm that hit our July 3 celebration, I felt full on the difference. Whereas the unlined Yale poncho had left me feeling sticky with my own perspiration, the BB poncho left me dry and did not hamper my movements in any way. Further, the military rank motif (both enlisted and general officer) provided an appropriately patriotic look for the occasion. Lastly, the color went much more appropriately with my linen jacket and lobster shorts than the Yale Blue.post #33399 of 787197/23/12 at 2:12pmpost #33400 of 787197/23/12 at 2:12pmpost #33401 of 787197/23/12 at 2:19pmpost #33402 of 787197/23/12 at 2:21pmpost #33403 of 787197/23/12 at 2:23pmpost #33404 of 787197/23/12 at 2:30pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 seconds ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 17 seconds ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 38 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?