Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2227post #33391 of 787217/23/12 at 1:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33392 of 787217/23/12 at 1:59pmQuote:
No. I am pushing nothing.
I have always said : If you don't like them, do not wear them.
I only wondered what kind of obstacles men who do like to wear capes have to confront
when they want to buy one or they want to wear one. That 's all.
I am not here to convert people.
I was directing myself to men who already do think in the same ( positive ) way
about the re - styling and the re - introduction of the mancape by famous fashiondesigners in Europe.
It was not my intention to involve forummembers who have nothing with the issue.
I should say : if it is really not your subject, please be so courteous not to interfere.
And try to be a gentleman and do not make things all the time ridiculous.
Some members of the forum here likes to present the whole issue as a personal hobby of me.
They do not even seem to know about the recent developments in the big European fashionhouses.
I do not think they even want to know.
They only want to hear and want to see what they already believed : capes are out of time and ridiculous.
If you keep on telling that to yourself and others, it becomes a belief.
This belief here has its own life and do not dare to say or to show other things about it :
So may be its better to let people stay in their own belief and perception of reality.
It will make them feel probably much more comfortable.
I hope you did get your reply.post #33393 of 787217/23/12 at 1:59pmpost #33394 of 787217/23/12 at 2:02pmAs a counterpoint to F. Corbera's recent post of the painting of the Earl in a cape, here is a modern incarnation.
Excellent drape, and there appears to be a good bit of handwork. Also, considering the beautiful specimen in the left background, what about modern use of parasols?post #33395 of 787217/23/12 at 2:04pmpost #33396 of 787217/23/12 at 2:06pmQuote:
Brooks Bros? Really? REALLY?!?!?!?post #33397 of 787217/23/12 at 2:07pmpost #33398 of 787217/23/12 at 2:10pmThe best part is one user's reviewQuote:When Daisy first presented the poncho to me, I truly thought she had overpaid. How much better could it be than the Bulldog-emblazoned poncho I had purchased at a recent rainy Yale-Dartmouth game. But when I first broke out the Brooks Brothers poncho during the rainstorm that hit our July 3 celebration, I felt full on the difference. Whereas the unlined Yale poncho had left me feeling sticky with my own perspiration, the BB poncho left me dry and did not hamper my movements in any way. Further, the military rank motif (both enlisted and general officer) provided an appropriately patriotic look for the occasion. Lastly, the color went much more appropriately with my linen jacket and lobster shorts than the Yale Blue.post #33399 of 787217/23/12 at 2:12pmpost #33400 of 787217/23/12 at 2:12pmpost #33401 of 787217/23/12 at 2:19pmpost #33402 of 787217/23/12 at 2:21pmpost #33403 of 787217/23/12 at 2:23pmpost #33404 of 787217/23/12 at 2:30pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 seconds ago
- › Eat. Bespoke. Love (my Italian trip report) 1 minute ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 1 minute ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › love wear 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 16 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 18 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 22 minutes ago
- › father day 2015 cooming 22 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan