Holdfast, liked the second picture more.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2227
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33392 of 787247/23/12 at 1:56pmpost #33393 of 787247/23/12 at 1:59pmQuote:
No. I am pushing nothing.
I have always said : If you don't like them, do not wear them.
I only wondered what kind of obstacles men who do like to wear capes have to confront
when they want to buy one or they want to wear one. That 's all.
I am not here to convert people.
I was directing myself to men who already do think in the same ( positive ) way
about the re - styling and the re - introduction of the mancape by famous fashiondesigners in Europe.
It was not my intention to involve forummembers who have nothing with the issue.
I should say : if it is really not your subject, please be so courteous not to interfere.
And try to be a gentleman and do not make things all the time ridiculous.
Some members of the forum here likes to present the whole issue as a personal hobby of me.
They do not even seem to know about the recent developments in the big European fashionhouses.
I do not think they even want to know.
They only want to hear and want to see what they already believed : capes are out of time and ridiculous.
If you keep on telling that to yourself and others, it becomes a belief.
This belief here has its own life and do not dare to say or to show other things about it :
So may be its better to let people stay in their own belief and perception of reality.
It will make them feel probably much more comfortable.
I hope you did get your reply.post #33394 of 787247/23/12 at 1:59pmpost #33395 of 787247/23/12 at 2:02pmAs a counterpoint to F. Corbera's recent post of the painting of the Earl in a cape, here is a modern incarnation.
Excellent drape, and there appears to be a good bit of handwork. Also, considering the beautiful specimen in the left background, what about modern use of parasols?post #33396 of 787247/23/12 at 2:04pmpost #33397 of 787247/23/12 at 2:06pmQuote:
Brooks Bros? Really? REALLY?!?!?!?post #33398 of 787247/23/12 at 2:07pmpost #33399 of 787247/23/12 at 2:10pmThe best part is one user's reviewQuote:When Daisy first presented the poncho to me, I truly thought she had overpaid. How much better could it be than the Bulldog-emblazoned poncho I had purchased at a recent rainy Yale-Dartmouth game. But when I first broke out the Brooks Brothers poncho during the rainstorm that hit our July 3 celebration, I felt full on the difference. Whereas the unlined Yale poncho had left me feeling sticky with my own perspiration, the BB poncho left me dry and did not hamper my movements in any way. Further, the military rank motif (both enlisted and general officer) provided an appropriately patriotic look for the occasion. Lastly, the color went much more appropriately with my linen jacket and lobster shorts than the Yale Blue.post #33400 of 787247/23/12 at 2:12pmpost #33401 of 787247/23/12 at 2:12pmpost #33402 of 787247/23/12 at 2:19pmpost #33403 of 787247/23/12 at 2:21pmpost #33404 of 787247/23/12 at 2:23pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 53 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Film thread 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Attila Shoes Budapest 10 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)