Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2227post #33391 of 787207/23/12 at 1:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33392 of 787207/23/12 at 1:59pmQuote:
No. I am pushing nothing.
I have always said : If you don't like them, do not wear them.
I only wondered what kind of obstacles men who do like to wear capes have to confront
when they want to buy one or they want to wear one. That 's all.
I am not here to convert people.
I was directing myself to men who already do think in the same ( positive ) way
about the re - styling and the re - introduction of the mancape by famous fashiondesigners in Europe.
It was not my intention to involve forummembers who have nothing with the issue.
I should say : if it is really not your subject, please be so courteous not to interfere.
And try to be a gentleman and do not make things all the time ridiculous.
Some members of the forum here likes to present the whole issue as a personal hobby of me.
They do not even seem to know about the recent developments in the big European fashionhouses.
I do not think they even want to know.
They only want to hear and want to see what they already believed : capes are out of time and ridiculous.
If you keep on telling that to yourself and others, it becomes a belief.
This belief here has its own life and do not dare to say or to show other things about it :
So may be its better to let people stay in their own belief and perception of reality.
It will make them feel probably much more comfortable.
I hope you did get your reply.post #33393 of 787207/23/12 at 1:59pmpost #33394 of 787207/23/12 at 2:02pmAs a counterpoint to F. Corbera's recent post of the painting of the Earl in a cape, here is a modern incarnation.
Excellent drape, and there appears to be a good bit of handwork. Also, considering the beautiful specimen in the left background, what about modern use of parasols?post #33395 of 787207/23/12 at 2:04pmpost #33396 of 787207/23/12 at 2:06pmQuote:
Brooks Bros? Really? REALLY?!?!?!?post #33397 of 787207/23/12 at 2:07pmpost #33398 of 787207/23/12 at 2:10pmThe best part is one user's reviewQuote:When Daisy first presented the poncho to me, I truly thought she had overpaid. How much better could it be than the Bulldog-emblazoned poncho I had purchased at a recent rainy Yale-Dartmouth game. But when I first broke out the Brooks Brothers poncho during the rainstorm that hit our July 3 celebration, I felt full on the difference. Whereas the unlined Yale poncho had left me feeling sticky with my own perspiration, the BB poncho left me dry and did not hamper my movements in any way. Further, the military rank motif (both enlisted and general officer) provided an appropriately patriotic look for the occasion. Lastly, the color went much more appropriately with my linen jacket and lobster shorts than the Yale Blue.post #33399 of 787207/23/12 at 2:12pmpost #33400 of 787207/23/12 at 2:12pmpost #33401 of 787207/23/12 at 2:19pmpost #33402 of 787207/23/12 at 2:21pmpost #33403 of 787207/23/12 at 2:23pmpost #33404 of 787207/23/12 at 2:30pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 7 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 8 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Has anyone heard of Redaelli? 11 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 13 minutes ago
- › GMTO Awesome Carmina Polo Suede Semi-Brogue, Rain Last, perfect for... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories