or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2219  

post #33271 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

I'm having a really hard time deciding if this cape guy is trolling or not.

Oh dear, oh dear, don't you read too much SF ?

post #33272 of 78722

You uploaded this one, that's pretty cool if you ask me. If ever this is how you should wear it.

700

post #33273 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nday View Post

35 degrees Celsius


Nice try bro.
post #33274 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

^ Worst pictures ever, but from what I can see too short sleeves on the jacket and pants to to long.. And do the damn laces on your shoes?

+1
post #33275 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

You uploaded this one, that's pretty cool if you ask me. If ever this is how you should wear it.

Wearing this kind of cape with tailcoat has a long history and I see it regularly here in Finland where tailcoat is the traditional dress code for men in academic festivities.
post #33276 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

You uploaded this one, that's pretty cool if you ask me. If ever this is how you should wear it.

700

I totally agree with you : it  is an excellent combination.

The only thing is, this combination is only for let's  say  - black tie occassions.

It is the usual classical way.

Nothing wrong with that, but I think it does not bring something new.

 

Nowadays some important fashiondesigners in Milan, Paris and London

are trying to re - introduce  the cape in men's fashion also for everyday.

For this purpose some of them  develop also capes

of other fabric ( for instance thick wool like the italian tabarro ) and in other colours.

Now this is truly innovating and ofcourse it will need time before it is accepted.

Certainly when the targetgroup seems to be mature men who are normally more conservative

( this forum shows it also )in these kind of  things than women or younger people.

 

The reason why I give attention to the re - introduction of the cape  ( thread, pictures )is that there are too little examples in social media

and on the internet, how to combine such a cape with other modern clothes today.

Men who like capes do need more feedback and examples of how to make good combinations with the new re - styled capes.

Now that ls my point. With thanks for the reaction.

post #33277 of 78722
Whitepigeon, do you happen to know how much horizontal distance is gained when leaping with a cape?

So, you jump off a great height without a cape, and it looks like this:

l

But then, you put a cape on. You jump from the exact same place, but with a cape on, and then it looks like this:

\

Do you see what I mean? The cape gains you a bit of horizontal distance.

It's an important advantage, don't you think?

About how many horizontal feet (or meters, if you prefer) does the cape give you?
post #33278 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepigeon View Post

I totally agree with you : it  is an excellent combination.

The only thing is, this combination is only for let's  say  - black tie occassions.

It is the usual classical way.

Nothing wrong with that, but I think it does not bring something new.

 

Nowadays some important fashiondesigners in Milan, Paris and London

are trying to re - introduce  the cape in men's fashion also for everyday.

For this purpose some of them  develop also capes

of other fabric ( for instance thick wool like the italian tabarro ) and in other colours.

Now this is truly innovating and ofcourse it will need time before it is accepted.

Certainly when the targetgroup seems to be mature men who are normally more conservative

( this forum shows it also )in these kind of  things than women or younger people.

 

The reason why I give attention to the re - introduction of the cape  ( thread, pictures )is that there are too little examples in social media

and on the internet, how to combine such a cape with other modern clothes today.

Men who like capes do need more feedback and examples of how to make good combinations with the new re - styled capes.

Now that ls my point. With thanks for the reaction.

Interesting... When you write fashiondesigners, who specific? And for that to be in fashion, oh god that's really really hard if you ask me. 

post #33279 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Interesting... When you write fashiondesigners, who specific? And for that to be in fashion, oh god that's really really hard if you ask me. 

I do not write fashiondesigners.

But I am looking on the sites and I see the movies of their presentations on You Tube.

I did not had more time for it.

 

But the new things they showed ( See pictures Capes for Men Fall / Winter 2012 )

( For instance from E. Tautz, Dolce & Gabbana, Jill Sanders, Mugler , Versace, Louis Vuitton etc. )

on the catwalk look really nice I think. 

That all said does not mean the majority of men is ready for it.

This is indeed - like you said - a hard thing to reach.

I was trying to discover in my thread what obstacles men have to confront  who happen  to like capes if they want to buy one or wear one. 

Well the reactions and the result you can read in my thread.

I do not think by the way that every man has to wear a cape.

But those ones like me, who think it is indeed an elegant and wonderful fashion - item for men

must learn how and when you can make good combinations with it.

 

I have the big advantage of living in Europe where the climate is changing for men wearing capes.

Italy, France and Spain had and do have still their mancape - traditions.

Fashion - designers are charmed by it and try to re - style the mancape.

Holland is too small to be a big player on the domain of fashion - innovation but has the big advantage

of being a very liberal country. A man in a purple cape in Amsterdam hardly draws attention is my  experience.

So yes, there are possibilities here. It migth be a lot more difficult in more conservative countries.

post #33280 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Whitepigeon, do you happen to know how much horizontal distance is gained when leaping with a cape?
So, you jump off a great height without a cape, and it looks like this:
l
But then, you put a cape on. You jump from the exact same place, but with a cape on, and then it looks like this:
\
Do you see what I mean? The cape gains you a bit of horizontal distance.
It's an important advantage, don't you think?
About how many horizontal feet (or meters, if you prefer) does the cape give you?


For the sake of clarity is this leap happening at sea-level? Is it from a standing position or could one be leaping from the roof of a moving vehicle or the limber of a gun carriage or such like? Apologies for the possible pedantry but in these cases precision must be our watchword!
post #33281 of 78722
Seriously, can you stop with all the breaks, pigeon? It's annoying as fuck.
post #33282 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepigeon View Post

I do not write fashiondesigners.

But I am looking on the sites and I see the movies of their presentations on You Tube.

I did not had more time for it.

 

But the new things they showed ( See pictures Capes for Men Fall / Winter 2012 )

( For instance from E. Tautz, Dolce & Gabbana, Jill Sanders, Mugler , Versace, Louis Vuitton etc. )

on the catwalk look really nice I think. 

That all said does not mean the majority of men is ready for it.

This is indeed - like you said - a hard thing to reach.

I was trying to discover in my thread what obstacles men have to confront  who happen  to like capes if they want to buy one or wear one. 

Well the reactions and the result you can read in my thread.

I do not think by the way that every man has to wear a cape.

But those ones like me, who think it is indeed an elegant and wonderful fashion - item for men

must learn how and when you can make good combinations with it.

 

I have the big advantage of living in Europe where the climate is changing for men wearing capes.

Italy, France and Spain had and do have still their mancape - traditions.

Fashion - designers are charmed by it and try to re - style the mancape.

Holland is too small to be a big player on the domain of fashion - innovation but has the big advantage

of being a very liberal country. A man in a purple cape in Amsterdam hardly draws attention is my  experience.

So yes, there are possibilities here. It migth be a lot more difficult in more conservative countries.

I see. I learn something new every day! Well best of luck and enjoy cape town!

post #33283 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Seriously, can you stop with all the breaks, pigeon? It's annoying as fuck.

Well can 't you appreciate British humor ?

post #33284 of 78722
When Edmond Dantès returned as the Count of Monte Cristo after finding his kick-ass treasure loot, he looked magnificent wearing a cape. It's like he needed a cape then, and he would need one if the event took place in the current time. If you're not at that level, the effect of the cape is quite drastically and severely different. You, being an intelligent and wise man with years of life experience, should understand this.
post #33285 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

Why are you posting this outfit in the MC-section instead of in the SW&D-section of the forum?eh.gif

 

Why would you do this to us? Have SW&D hurt you in some way?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III