Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2211post #33151 of 787177/19/12 at 6:38pmpost #33152 of 787177/19/12 at 6:39pmpost #33153 of 787177/19/12 at 7:49pmQuote:Quote:
I appreciate both of your comments. While I do "miss" a little flamboyance here and there - people grow up, mature, advance in careers, lifestyles and tastes change... its part of the growth process. Im not saying Ill be wearing only solids as time progressively goes on, but you learn by trial and error what works and what doesn't, and what you like the most. I am most comfortable in my current incarnation, I will tell you that.post #33154 of 787177/19/12 at 8:06pmpost #33155 of 787177/19/12 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I appreciate both of your comments. While I do "miss" a little flamboyance here and there - people grow up, mature, advance in careers, lifestyles and tastes change... its part of the growth process. Im not saying Ill be wearing only solids as time progressively goes on, but you learn by trial and error what works and what doesn't, and what you like the most. I am most comfortable in my current incarnation, I will tell you that.
lol you are maturing.post #33156 of 787177/19/12 at 10:20pmpost #33157 of 787177/19/12 at 10:33pmQuote:wigglr
"Very clean and defined. Center or side vents?"
"looks very nice. Good fit, nice style."
Thanks gents! Side vents, for sure. What can't be seen is the back, which is incredibly clean. Not quite sure how they did it.
I'm quite pleased with the way it came out. It was pretty much the realization of what I had in mind. I'm also quite pleased to have found a tailor that I can trust and that can help me decide what works and what doesn't for me. They're really a pleasure to work with and were able to address all my concerns easily. There is also a ton of hand work on the blazer. All the pockets and buttonholes and nearly all the seams were done quite beautifully by hand. The only machine stitching I can find is the bottom part where the lining attaches to the fabric and the upper lapel seam. Next time I'm going to try for a bit different shoulder style, perhaps something a bit more relaxed, that is, if they're open to it. The shoulders are quite padded, which is actually fine for me since I don't have built up shoulders. The biggest problem I notice is that the armholes are, get this, a bit too high. Still, this is definitely the best fitting jacket I've ever had and for my first bespoke commission with a new tailor I can't complain. Finally a silhouette that I like.post #33158 of 787177/19/12 at 11:00pmmusicguy, thank you for sharing!
Is the tailor you are going to located in Santiago?
Everybody talks about Italian, British and US tailors, I would be interested if the Southamericans have just the same approach or if they do something different.
Different place, different people, you know?post #33159 of 787177/20/12 at 12:09ampost #33160 of 787177/20/12 at 1:49amQuote:
HI. "Trousers should be worn on the natural waist" ( Alan Flusser). Here i see a low rise of trousers and also the first button of your jacket that is too hight. In this way we see belt and shirt. Perhaps fashion, but not classic.post #33161 of 787177/20/12 at 1:57amQuote:
I agree, I don't understand why low waist trouser are so popular these days, it is so ugly and makes people look shortpost #33162 of 787177/20/12 at 4:45amQuote:
well, im 6'4" so looking a little shorter is fine by me. I also have a short torso and feel uncomfortable the way i look in a longer rise trouser. And if youre not comfortable in your clothing, it doesnt matter how close youre following the "classic" rules.post #33163 of 787177/20/12 at 4:46amQuote:
thanks for the tip....however i think we may prefer different looks.post #33164 of 787177/20/12 at 4:47ampost #33165 of 787177/20/12 at 4:48amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Your comments are duly noted, though I have taken crap in these pages for wearing white bucks with this suit previously, and in the context of my work place (a large bank on Wall St.), this outfit is so light and bright that I thought that I needed darker shoes just to pay some lip service to the dark suit aesthetic (or polos and khakis hell) that pervades the office.
There's certainly an argument to be made for "grounding" a very light-colored outfit with darker shoes, but I think the ones you chose were both too dark and too brogued for the seersucker suit. It's a nitpick, though. You still looked terrific.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1641 Active Users (370 Members and 1271 Guests)
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 7 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 seconds ago
- › Opinion 38 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 46 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 54 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...