or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2209  

post #33121 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

nod[1].gif
twas a tad more personal than that. peepwall[1].gif

Hanjoy?
post #33122 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

HanDjoy?

yes, all parties.
post #33123 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_1169849x1280.jpg

From the ankles up, splendid. To me, though, the dark suede shoes look heavy and incongruous with the rest of this very light and summery outfit.
post #33124 of 78717

^ Agreed... white bucks would have looked great here...

post #33125 of 78717

Wacky colour balance in the photos and also, lots of bulky stuff in my jacket pockets screwing up the lines a bit, but you get the idea...
 

post #33126 of 78717
I really want to like that (Beige suit FTW!), but the different color pants/jacket and the mauve tie socks are just killing it for me. I think its the tie and socks more than the jacket and pants FWIW.
post #33127 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I really want to like that (Beige suit FTW!), but the different color pants/jacket and the mauve tie socks are just killing it for me. I think its the tie and socks more than the jacket and pants FWIW.


Gosh, the colour balance is even worse than I thought. The tie is a pale pastel pink, definitely not even near mauve, and the socks are a dark-red & beige micro-houndstooth. The jacket is a cream linen with prominent weave whereas the trousers are a milky-coffee brown very smooth finish cotton, so there's quite a bit of visual difference between them I think.

 

Whether any of those qualifications alter your impression of the outfit is an entirely other matter, of course! smile.gif

post #33128 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Wacky colour balance in the photos and also, lots of bulky stuff in my jacket pockets screwing up the lines a bit, but you get the idea...
 

I always like your fits -- more loose of a fit than I like, but you wear it very well. Your color choices/contrasts often times, as mentioned above, "kill" your outifts.


Edited by Frankie22 - 7/19/12 at 12:08pm
post #33129 of 78717
Should I have the chest of this jacket altered a bit? I feel it is about .75-1 inches too big. The shoulders are unpadded and lie at the end of my shoulder and the waist seems ok but the chest seems bulky. It is linen to I like a little flow but wanted your guys thoughts. Sorry for the crap pictures, it is raining outside and the light sucked everywhere.
The pink shirt didn't turn out as well as I wanted to either, oh well frown.gif. Rainy day go away.

7604869784_1a8a8419e9.jpg


7604744822_215a52260a.jpg
post #33130 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

From the ankles up, splendid. To me, though, the dark suede shoes look heavy and incongruous with the rest of this very light and summery outfit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

^ Agreed... white bucks would have looked great here...

Your comments are duly noted, though I have taken crap in these pages for wearing white bucks with this suit previously, and in the context of my work place (a large bank on Wall St.), this outfit is so light and bright that I thought that I needed darker shoes just to pay some lip service to the dark suit aesthetic (or polos and khakis hell) that pervades the office.
post #33131 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

Should I have the chest of this jacket altered a bit? I feel it is about .75-1 inches too big.

no. it looks fine. plus unless you get your alterations done for free - 3/4 of an inch should not be a bother.

we sometimes get too caught up with the minutiae - enjoy the clothes for what they are.
post #33132 of 78717
What Nii said...
post #33133 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


Your comments are duly noted, though I have taken crap in these pages for wearing white bucks with this suit previously, and in the context of my work place (a large bank on Wall St.), this outfit is so light and bright that I thought that I needed darker shoes just to pay some lip service to the dark suit aesthetic (or polos and khakis hell) that pervades the office.

 Really? I believe white bucks would have looked great with a casual summer suit like this... that said, you're right, that look probably doesn't fit in the context of a large bank.

post #33134 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Wacky colour balance in the photos and also, lots of bulky stuff in my jacket pockets screwing up the lines a bit, but you get the idea...
 

 

I actually like the colour palette very much. Tie looks more like of a salmon pink in my monitor.

post #33135 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post

no. it looks fine. plus unless you get your alterations done for free - 3/4 of an inch should not be a bother.
we sometimes get too caught up with the minutiae - enjoy the clothes for what they are.

No No No!

This is Citan with his daily hand-wringing post about alterations. He needs the sleeves shortening, the length longthening, a centre vent adding and the patch pockets changed to flaps. Change the linen to cotton and the pattern to houndstooth herringbone and it will look perfect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III