well played ed. i take it you dont like my 70s shag rug?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2196
Styleforum Top Picks
If I was nitpicking I'd agree with those who said that white trousers/chinos would be an improvement over jeans to match the formality of the top half (and the jeans could do with hemming) - but in terms of basic combining and colour co-ordination, this is spot on.
Sorry if todays combination produces any eye nausea, I experimented a bit as I was getting sick of wearing orange/brown/navy ties with this jacket. Shirt is pink and the sleeves shrank big time :/ going to relegate it to casual wear. Excuse the trouser creases...cotton
Funnily enough, I didn't immediately think 'loose the tie' here, but rather that it was screaming out for a solid colour knit.
Well here goes nothing: first fit pic ever. It came out a lot more amateurish than expected (combination of a long, hot day, me being in my brothers room for the shoot, and it being raining outside so I couldn't get a natural light pick). I assure you the right shirt sleeve is long enough to be seen normally, not sure what happened.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I work for an electronics company here in the Bay Area.
"nice suit fabric and cool tie SB"
Thanks! I recently scored the tie. It's my first RLPL, and it ties a good knot with ease. Also picked up a Marinella and Drakes for Alan Flusser.
Different cut than the usual: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i think this is really great. the fit looks really nice to me, and the overall combination is excellent imo.
maybe the black is not styfo approved, but i think it looks great.
in stitches, it's not black, actually; unmistakably gray IRL.
Thanks for the comments. I'm a little surprised this is so well-received thus far. I'd prefer it to have fuller sleeves and a slightly smaller lapel, but I enjoy wearing it. I may have the sleeves let out a touch. The pants are my favorite part actually, though the line doesn't look as clean here in the pic, only because "the wind was sweeping down the planes."
institches, it's not black, actually; unmistakably gray IRL.
i thought that may be the case.
i have found that my fits are most complimented when i least expect it. and when i think i nailed it, im usually dead wrong.
Thanks for the comments. I'm a little surprised this is so well-received thus far. I'd prefer it to have fuller sleeves and a slightly smaller lapel, but I enjoy wearing it. I may have the sleeves let out a touch. The pants are my favorite part, though the line doesn't look as clean here in the pic, only because "the wind was sweeping down the planes."
in stitches, it's not black, actually; unmistakably gray IRL.
The FIT is good, that's the most important.
The rest are just stylistic, and personal choices.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Oakstreet Bootmakers Brown Hung Boot size 7.5 12 minutes ago
- › AMAZING TOJ EXCHANGE THREAD (Don't sell for a loss. Trade for... 13 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 14 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw