or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2159  

post #32371 of 78722
nii, that jacket doesn't fit well. i like the color palette though.
post #32372 of 78722
Don't listen to him, he's not considering the fabric. Looking great, mang.
post #32373 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post

nii, that jacket doesn't fit well. i like the color palette though.

What makes you say that? The shoulders are a bit stronger than I would like for me, but I don't see any pulling, sleeve length and the width of the sleeves looks good, skirt isn't flaring or sitting lifeless, and the length looks good. I think it looks like it fits him quite well, but that may just be me.
post #32374 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by niidawg3 View Post


You have to post more - you always have excellent fits.



Could someone please explain why the vast majority of collars are too short on men's shirts? Now that I've been enlightened by this thread this is one of the things that bothers me the most. Most collars are way too stunted and it's frustrating because most of my own (largely brooks brothers shirts) are this way as well. Why don't the manufacturers make the collars a 1/4 inch longer to fit under suit jackets properly?
post #32375 of 78722
Red, white and blue (shirt), the day after. Cheers.

469
post #32376 of 78722

First WAYWRN post and it has to be with a very crappy cell phone bathroom pic.

Posting primary for feedback on general appearance as the picture is not good enough to give much detail.  
I won't go down the list of brands as most (or all) are probably crap.  I am starting for the "look" and working toward classing everything upscale as situation affords.  

Polite feedback is welcome. 

IMG00332-20120705-1504.jpg

post #32377 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Don't listen to him, he's not considering the fabric. Looking great, mang.

Nore, what does the fabric have to do with anything? I am pretty sure it is cotton but that doesn't mean what constitutes a good fit changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi View Post

What makes you say that? The shoulders are a bit stronger than I would like for me, but I don't see any pulling, sleeve length and the width of the sleeves looks good, skirt isn't flaring or sitting lifeless, and the length looks good. I think it looks like it fits him quite well, but that may just be me.

look at the first picture, the left shoulder has a little divot in the last picture, the right shoulder has one so the shoulders do not fit.

on the first and last picture, his arm sleeves look to be painted on. its like timotune's shirts.

in the first picture, you can see more of the "U" with the jacket and bowing of the lapels instead of a "V". the jacket does not hug his neck all the way around which is especially apparent on the left side of his neck. It is very apparent in the 3rd picture but a small part of that is because Nii has his hands in the jacket pockets. however, i highly doubt that being the only cause because it is clear from the 1st picture there is some bowing of the lapels. Nii putting his hands in his pockets on accentuates the problem.

again i like the use of textures with the shoes, cotton suit, tie and PS, it is far better than most in this thread. Nii is usually on point with his fits but here he dropped the ball.
post #32378 of 78722

I was taking pictures of my upper half with this suit jacket for the main picture of my listing for it on ebay when I noticed that with my faded dad jeans and tan I looked like I had just been in italy for pitti uomo. So here it is my very late pitti uomo inspired kit for under 40.

the jacket was $3.25 (the full suit was 7.50) it is a brooks brothers made in usa summer weight double breasted (i wish it were 4 button instead of 6) chalkstipe and has almost no padding. I got it at a thrift store in berkely, I all selling it right now on styleforum check it out, it is a 41R with a 10in drop but has fabric to be let back out to a 7in drop

the shirt is my dads brooks brothers shirt that was too small  for him and a little to big for me hence the collar gap.

the tie is no label and i got it for a dollar

the jeans are vintage levis I got at mars in berkely for $14

the shoes are tretorn nylites i got at shoebacca.com for $20 (they are no longer this cheap)

the unseen belt is unlabeled high quality solid leather and was a dollar at out of the closet(it is an aids benefit charity) thrift store.

total cost: 39.50 so i guess this is really my under 40 pitti kit… anyway I realize there are some problems with fit ect but since I am not keeping that jacket and the shirt is my dads I think those can slide by, also I forgot a pocket square! I broke menswear rule #1 oh well it looks more casual this way

p.s. I don’t smile

pps if I was actually going to pitti uomo I would wear my suede loafers I just already had my tretorns on

ppps scratch that if I actually went to pitti uomo I would wrap myself in cashmere scarfs and parade around like a brunello cucinelli mummy

 

DSC02946.jpg

post #32379 of 78722
Why are you talking so much?
post #32380 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

the jacket was $3.25 (the full suit was 7.50) it is a brooks brothers made in usa summer weight double breasted (i wish it were 4 button instead of 6) chalkstipe and has almost no padding. I got it at a thrift store in berkely, I all selling it right now on styleforum check it out, it is a 41R with a 10in drop but has fabric to be let back out to a 7in drop


Why were the pants more expensive than the jacket? Or did you mean to say the jacket was $3.75? Also, your definition of "no padding" seems to be a bit charitable.
post #32381 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post


Why were the pants more expensive than the jacket? Or did you mean to say the jacket was $3.75? Also, your definition of "no padding" seems to be a bit charitable.

the whole suit was $7.50 so if you split that in half the jacket was $3.75, the pants to the suit are not pictured and ya it looks likes there is padding but if you actually felt the jacket you would feel that there is almost nothing the shoulders are pretty natural

post #32382 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Details on those shoes? Really nice.

+1

+1
post #32383 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

+1

+1

still waiting....
post #32384 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post


Nore, what does the fabric have to do with anything? I am pretty sure it is cotton but that doesn't mean what constitutes a good fit changes.
look at the first picture, the left shoulder has a little divot in the last picture, the right shoulder has one so the shoulders do not fit.
on the first and last picture, his arm sleeves look to be painted on. its like timotune's shirts.
in the first picture, you can see more of the "U" with the jacket and bowing of the lapels instead of a "V". the jacket does not hug his neck all the way around which is especially apparent on the left side of his neck. It is very apparent in the 3rd picture but a small part of that is because Nii has his hands in the jacket pockets. however, i highly doubt that being the only cause because it is clear from the 1st picture there is some bowing of the lapels. Nii putting his hands in his pockets on accentuates the problem.
again i like the use of textures with the shoes, cotton suit, tie and PS, it is far better than most in this thread. Nii is usually on point with his fits but here he dropped the ball.

 

Let me comment on this first by stating I am a bigger person.  I wear a 38-40 waist and 44-46 Jackets.  All good fitting suit jackets will fit just as NICELY as it does in Nil's post.  The dimples on the shoulders are only apparent because when we lift our arms, the arms sit farther out than the shoulder bend.  And when our arms are down at our sides, they fit the shoulders perfect.

 

@Nil, Great look, I really love the color of the suit and the fit of the jacket and pants.  An inspiration look for me.

post #32385 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljrcustom View Post

Hope you had a nice time with the family and didn't get the rain that we had at home during the fireworks at the esplanade. Do the rancourts last a while or would just consider them throw away shoes like sperrys? There is a pebble grain camp moc on their website that I like but I was just curious about quality. Thanks.
-LR

We had a great time, thank you. No rain for us.

I have not worn any of the Rancourts long or often enough to answer your question. They use Horween leather for most of their models. The hand sewn lakes are exemplars of their type. Their shoes feel solid in a way that cheaper shoes do not. Quality control is very high based on what I have.

They are a pleasure to wear if an element of Ivy style is natural to you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III