or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2130  

post #31936 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Talking about Bemberg - I realized recently that we spend a lot of time talking about porous and light fabrics for summer but IMO most of the sweatiness (sic) is caused by the lining on a 1/4-lined jacket. How to deal with this hot weather fresco killjoy ? Is silk better than bemberg/cupro for that and can it help reduce sweatability ?

silk is good at retaining heat, not sure that you will feel it hotter than cupro but can almost guarantee that it won't feel airier. For me, when I'm hot, I'm hot. I sweat like a pig and if I am wearing a sportcoat in 80+ heat, regardless of how it is lined or what fabric it is, I am going to sweat. I woudl think though that a cotton shirting lining would wear cooler than silk/cupro, I just don't really like shirting linings.
post #31937 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Talking about Bemberg - I realized recently that we spend a lot of time talking about porous and light fabrics for summer but IMO most of the sweatiness (sic) is caused by the lining on a 1/4-lined jacket. How to deal with this hot weather fresco killjoy ? Is silk better than bemberg/cupro for that and can it help reduce sweatability ?

I have been using this stuff that looks like bemberg, but it is much lighter weight and more porous. I forget what it is called, but with fresco fabric I can feel wind go right through it.
post #31938 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

silk is good at retaining heat, not sure that you will feel it hotter than cupro but can almost guarantee that it won't feel airier. For me, when I'm hot, I'm hot. I sweat like a pig and if I am wearing a sportcoat in 80+ heat, regardless of how it is lined or what fabric it is, I am going to sweat. I woudl think though that a cotton shirting lining would wear cooler than silk/cupro, I just don't really like shirting linings.

But then you would have to launder the sport coat to clean all that sweaty mess absorbed by the lining...

I'm intrigued by pB 's alternative - can you please let me know what this magic lining is called ?
post #31939 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

But then you would have to launder the sport coat lining to clean all that sweaty mess absorbed by the lining...
I'm intrigued by pB 's alternative - can you please let me know what this magic lining is called ?

I've never really sweated such that my jacket lining would get to that point. I would take it off before then. If you sweat that heavy not sure that anything is going to really help.
post #31940 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I have been using this stuff that looks like bemberg, but it is much lighter weight and more porous. I forget what it is called, but with fresco fabric I can feel wind go right through it.

Also, when you hold it up to the light you can still see through through the lining and right through the fresco. Cool stuff.
post #31941 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

But then you would have to launder the sport coat to clean all that sweaty mess absorbed by the lining...
I'm intrigued by pB 's alternative - can you please let me know what this magic lining is called ?

I'll call Frank right now.
post #31942 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Also, when you hold it up to the light you can still see through through the lining and right through the fresco. Cool stuff.

1849570
post #31943 of 78723
He said it is called "emerzine".
post #31944 of 78723
post #31945 of 78723
Thank you sir

ed - do you know if NSM uses ermazine ?
post #31946 of 78723
bigstar[1].gif
post #31947 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Thank you sir
ed - do you know if NSM uses ermazine ?

yeah, I have that stuff on a jacket or two. can't say I've noticed any difference.
post #31948 of 78723
I love the stuff.
post #31949 of 78723
i think mesh would be great for you sweating dogs.
post #31950 of 78723
Or just a jacket of emerzine. Ooooooh!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III