Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2126
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31877 of 787226/27/12 at 1:37pmpost #31878 of 787226/27/12 at 2:11pmpost #31879 of 787226/27/12 at 2:14pmpost #31880 of 787226/27/12 at 2:14pmpost #31881 of 787226/27/12 at 2:19pmpost #31882 of 787226/27/12 at 2:25pmpost #31883 of 787226/27/12 at 2:29pmpost #31884 of 787226/27/12 at 2:32pmpost #31885 of 787226/27/12 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22
Citan, I also like your coat -- can you comment more on the fit? Is your build more athletic?
In regard to your need for new shoes -- Meermin might be a good option. I really like the double monks I just took shipment of.
Thanks for the comment! appreciate it. This is a mantua model drop 6. My chest is 41 waist 33 (actual measurements) but I usually wear 40 or 42r jackets and size 34 trousers. I have what I would call an extremely amateur athletic build. I have moved away from the more tapered coats to more standard drop 6 because the feedback I have received, which I agree with, is that severe waist suppression looks odd given that I have more muscular, wider hips and thighs. The jacket is very nice and I have found corneliani to fit my body rather well, though their models vary widely in terms of chest width and waist measurements even in similar sizes. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the shoe rec. I will check it out!post #31886 of 787226/27/12 at 2:34pmpost #31887 of 787226/27/12 at 3:00pmpost #31888 of 787226/27/12 at 3:02pmBetter late than never - software upgrade at Photobucket.
Irate Customer, please note that today's shoes are cordovan colored, not black - see, I really do own non-black shoes.
Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Ferragamo
Braces - PRL
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shoes - BB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #31889 of 787226/27/12 at 3:11pmellsbebc - looks good. Collar is nice. I think you could benefit from slightly wider lapels (think of a line that lands on your shoulder line at the mid-point between collar and shoulder seam, as a good rule of thumb) and I tend to prefer a bit more swoop in the shape of the fronts and quarters. But everything fits and the outfit is nice and conservative.post #31890 of 787226/27/12 at 3:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
ellsbebc - looks good. Collar is nice. I think you could benefit from slightly wider lapels (think of a line that lands on your shoulder line at the mid-point between collar and shoulder seam, as a good rule of thumb) and I tend to prefer a bit more swoop in the shape of the fronts and quarters. But everything fits and the outfit is nice and conservative.
Agreed on both accounts. Copped this BB Fitzerald off ebay for $110; no complaints from me as I build my wardrobe. I prefer significantly more open quarters; still learning that a jacket can accentuate my frame without having thin lapels
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1726 Active Users (404 Members and 1322 Guests)
- › The Uniqlo Thread 43 seconds ago
- › So long, A Suitable Wardrobe... 56 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...