Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2126
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31877 of 787216/27/12 at 1:37pmpost #31878 of 787216/27/12 at 2:11pmpost #31879 of 787216/27/12 at 2:14pmpost #31880 of 787216/27/12 at 2:14pmpost #31881 of 787216/27/12 at 2:19pmpost #31882 of 787216/27/12 at 2:25pmpost #31883 of 787216/27/12 at 2:29pmpost #31884 of 787216/27/12 at 2:32pmpost #31885 of 787216/27/12 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22
Citan, I also like your coat -- can you comment more on the fit? Is your build more athletic?
In regard to your need for new shoes -- Meermin might be a good option. I really like the double monks I just took shipment of.
Thanks for the comment! appreciate it. This is a mantua model drop 6. My chest is 41 waist 33 (actual measurements) but I usually wear 40 or 42r jackets and size 34 trousers. I have what I would call an extremely amateur athletic build. I have moved away from the more tapered coats to more standard drop 6 because the feedback I have received, which I agree with, is that severe waist suppression looks odd given that I have more muscular, wider hips and thighs. The jacket is very nice and I have found corneliani to fit my body rather well, though their models vary widely in terms of chest width and waist measurements even in similar sizes. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the shoe rec. I will check it out!post #31886 of 787216/27/12 at 2:34pmpost #31887 of 787216/27/12 at 3:00pmpost #31888 of 787216/27/12 at 3:02pmBetter late than never - software upgrade at Photobucket.
Irate Customer, please note that today's shoes are cordovan colored, not black - see, I really do own non-black shoes.
Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Ferragamo
Braces - PRL
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shoes - BB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #31889 of 787216/27/12 at 3:11pmellsbebc - looks good. Collar is nice. I think you could benefit from slightly wider lapels (think of a line that lands on your shoulder line at the mid-point between collar and shoulder seam, as a good rule of thumb) and I tend to prefer a bit more swoop in the shape of the fronts and quarters. But everything fits and the outfit is nice and conservative.post #31890 of 787216/27/12 at 3:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
ellsbebc - looks good. Collar is nice. I think you could benefit from slightly wider lapels (think of a line that lands on your shoulder line at the mid-point between collar and shoulder seam, as a good rule of thumb) and I tend to prefer a bit more swoop in the shape of the fronts and quarters. But everything fits and the outfit is nice and conservative.
Agreed on both accounts. Copped this BB Fitzerald off ebay for $110; no complaints from me as I build my wardrobe. I prefer significantly more open quarters; still learning that a jacket can accentuate my frame without having thin lapels
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 924 Active Users (146 Members and 778 Guests)
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 42 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 18 minutes ago
- › All Solids Challenge June 25th 20 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...