guy in blue shorts?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2124post #31846 of 787176/27/12 at 8:53ampost #31847 of 787176/27/12 at 8:55ampost #31848 of 787176/27/12 at 9:01am
Thanks so much! I found the jacket on ebay, they seemed to be a store and may have it in your size. corneliani brown windowpane I believe was the name of the listing. It was very inexpensive for the quality and the fabric is absolutely stellar in person.post #31849 of 787176/27/12 at 9:16amQuote:
It's an odd jacket, which I wore some dark jeans with. I was thinking that a light blue oxford would help soften the contrast somewhat...are lighter colored ties generally more appropriate for cream jackets?post #31850 of 787176/27/12 at 9:44am
the piano guy is the postman?Quote:
thanks, ill check it out.post #31851 of 787176/27/12 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by jawboneofaQuote:
It's an odd jacket, which I wore some dark jeans with. I was thinking that a light blue oxford would help soften the contrast somewhat...are lighter colored ties generally more appropriate for cream jackets?
I'm useless with any jeans-related fit as everyone else here will gladly affirm, but FWIW I think dark jeans and a cream jacket is a nice combination and in that context, the strong contrast between the black knit/white shirt seems just fine.
In fact, I greatly prefer a white shirt with a black knit tie to your thought of using a blue oxford with it instead.
I also believe that both dark and light ties can work with cream jackets; it just creates a different effect so depends on other elements of the outfit as which work best in any given look.post #31852 of 787176/27/12 at 10:18amThanks for the feedback, Holdfast. I appreciate your thoughts. I don't particularly like the fit of the jeans I had on, which is why I didn't do a full length shot. I hadn't really thought about how necessary just the color is in terms of balance.
FWIW, the tie is navy, hence the light blue shirt idea. If it was a black knit, I would definitely keep the white.post #31853 of 787176/27/12 at 10:26ampost #31854 of 787176/27/12 at 10:47ampost #31855 of 787176/27/12 at 10:55ampost #31856 of 787176/27/12 at 11:00ampost #31857 of 787176/27/12 at 11:00ampost #31858 of 787176/27/12 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by jawboneofa
Thanks for the feedback, Holdfast. I appreciate your thoughts. I don't particularly like the fit of the jeans I had on, which is why I didn't do a full length shot. I hadn't really thought about how necessary just the color is in terms of balance.
FWIW, the tie is navy, hence the light blue shirt idea. If it was a black knit, I would definitely keep the white.
I am disappointed by the more-or-less in-focus photography, however. The band of us with poorly-lit and poorly colour-balanced photos shrinks ever smaller.
Woah. Not sure what to think about this; will take some adjusting to. Definitely younger-looking though. How do you feel about it?post #31859 of 787176/27/12 at 11:39amQuote:
Welcome and thanks for sharing. I think it's a cool look you have put together...
That shirt will most likely never serve you well when used with a suit and tie.post #31860 of 787176/27/12 at 11:46am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread just now
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones Swansea. 10UK. 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI LEATER HORN HOODIE SZ M $2995 16 minutes ago
- › Entry level semi canvassed suit 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...