or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2113  

post #31681 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

looks pretty good for MTM. not a fan of the very closed quarters and the contrast button hole stitching but that's just a matter of taste.

He may have wider hips like moi and may need the more closed quarters to make things flow better, I know I may need that on MTM items I would eventually get. But, I too dislike the contrast button hole stiching, clapeyron. I am a bit confused on the hacking pockets on a MTM suit though. A solid navy is pretty conservative and versatile and the hacking pockets add a touch of panache that may make purists cry foul. I also think they look a bit better with more open quarter jackets as well. Disregard this comment if they are standard pocket flaps and the angle is just playing tricks with my visual-spatial processing.
post #31682 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseMenOfGotham View Post

Sorry for the cell phone pics...
263
Samuelsohn MTM
Charles Tyrwhitt
Drakes
Brooks Brothers
Carmina
263
Belvest
Charles Tyrwhitt
Kiton
Brooks Brothers
Alden

 

 

Hey guys, let's stop discussing each others sexual orientation for a moment and discuss this outfit  =)

 

I for one would like to see some tri pod pictures of this =)

post #31683 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
233

Paprika ?
post #31684 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

...and we can tell who is a knucklehead from a comment like this.
Grow up.

+1. Seriously. Grow up. This is coming from a 26-year-old too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonK View Post

Maybe we can't tell who is gay by the way he dresses but we certainly can from a rant like this. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Your point? Even if he is homosexual, I too find the use of the word "gay" to be a little tired at this point beyond the underlying homophobia and latent masculine posturing (read: overcompensation). For the most part, men on this forum are pretty eloquent and verbose, I am sure you can come up with another way to say something is "bad" or "lame" or whatever comment you want to make. Also, if you want to use in an ironic, old-timey "happy fun time merrily we go" manner, come up with a different metaphor or comparison. Not to be a bleeding heart liberal but it just lowers my perception of a person when their go to criticism or reaction to something is to label it with a word commonly associated with sexual orienation. We don't call things "straight" why call things "gay?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseMenOfGotham View Post

Sorry for the cell phone pics... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263
Samuelsohn MTM
Charles Tyrwhitt
Drakes
Brooks Brothers
Carmina
263
Belvest
Charles Tyrwhitt
Kiton
Brooks Brothers
Alden

Ditto Clapeyron, I would love to see full length pictures of these fits. I think they are quite excellent both in terms of the items themselves but also the colors, combinations, and use of texture. That samuelsohn jacket looks amazing and I really want something similar. I was also going to purchase that Belvest linen (if it is linen) from a Neiman Marcus last call, it is a lovely shade of blue and the tie you chose is perfect. Bravo and please keep posting!
post #31685 of 78722
post #31686 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post


He may have wider hips like moi and may need the more closed quarters to make things flow better, I know I may need that on MTM items I would eventually get. But, I too dislike the contrast button hole stiching, clapeyron. I am a bit confused on the hacking pockets on a MTM suit though. A solid navy is pretty conservative and versatile and the hacking pockets add a touch of panache that may make purists cry foul. I also think they look a bit better with more open quarter jackets as well. Disregard this comment if they are standard pocket flaps and the angle is just playing tricks with my visual-spatial processing.

 

I indeed have wider hips (I also have "large" legs in general due to fanatic powerlifting in my early years) so I think that closed quarters work in my advantage.

 

I like the contrast button, although not very visible on the photos I also have the fourth button hole at the sleeves in another colour. (Unless you are already talking about the sleeves button hole and not the one on the lapel.

 

The pockets are indeed hacking pockets (I had to google this term :D ) but not very "steep (?)" when I went to the tailor I was trying out SC's with different pockets and, in my (fairly humble) opinion hacking pockets emphasise the tailoring/close fitting (?) effect? 

 

Yes, apologies, the above text is written in crappy fashion english, I am very new to these kind of terms :)

 

By steepness I mean the angle of the pockets. By tailoring/close fitting I mean the centering of the SC at the middle.

 

Thanks for the comments. I will upload better quality photos later tonight or tomorrow (if I manage to get out of the office at a reasonable hour).

post #31687 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

To sensitive. 

I agree; Mr. Monkey's sentiment is worth a toast. Here's "to sensitive."
post #31688 of 78722
233
post #31689 of 78722
Gay-About-Us-Pic.jpg
post #31690 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGEICO View Post

 

I indeed have wider hips (I also have "large" legs in general due to fanatic powerlifting in my early years) so I think that closed quarters work in my advantage.

 

I like the contrast button, although not very visible on the photos I also have the fourth button hole at the sleeves in another colour. (Unless you are already talking about the sleeves button hole and not the one on the lapel.

 

The pockets are indeed hacking pockets (I had to google this term :D ) but not very "steep (?)" when I went to the tailor I was trying out SC's with different pockets and, in my (fairly humble) opinion hacking pockets emphasise the tailoring/close fitting (?) effect? 

 

Yes, apologies, the above text is written in crappy fashion english, I am very new to these kind of terms :)

 

By steepness I mean the angle of the pockets. By tailoring/close fitting I mean the centering of the SC at the middle.

 

Thanks for the comments. I will upload better quality photos later tonight or tomorrow (if I manage to get out of the office at a reasonable hour).

 

Yes I noticed it on the cuffs, too. You picked a nice contrast colour (offwhite or ecru if I see correctly? edit: okay I checked again it's light blue) but it's still not my cup of tea. I think contrast button holes can look nice on casual shirts but I find it rather tacky on suits. but then again I work in a highly conservative company and am limited to go "nuts" with suit lining ;D


How tall are you if I may ask? In my opinion slanted pockets look best or better on smaller people, but again that's personal taste and I don't know what a tailor would say about this.

 

 

 

edit: woah I just realized I was the one who kindled this gay debate with my jocular heckle at acridsheep. I hereby apologize to whomever is the gay equivalent of jesse jackson, elton john? shog[1].gif

post #31691 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

233

why are you posting pictures of my eye doctor?
post #31692 of 78722
Tried to press the trousers myself rather than taking them to the cleaners...probably won't do that again nod[1].gif
have a good monday folks.

Jacket-BB wool/silk
Shirt-BB, navy check
Tie-Saks, silk/cashmere herringbone
Pants-BB milano, cream cotton
Shoes-AE clifton

7439903512_84fe165124.jpg


467
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

7440495124_38e539b25e.jpg


263


7439899200_c845ab1c70.jpg
post #31693 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

Yes I noticed it on the cuffs, too. You picked a nice contrast colour (offwhite or ecru if I see correctly? edit: okay I checked again it's light blue) but it's still not my cup of tea. I think contrast button holes can look nice on casual shirts but I find it rather tacky on suits. but then again I work in a highly conservative company and am limited to go "nuts" with suit lining ;D


How tall are you if I may ask? In my opinion slanted pockets look best or better on smaller people, but again that's personal taste and I don't know what a tailor would say about this.

 

They're indeed also a shade of light blue (again, I will post better photos asap).

 

I am 1.78 meter (about 5'10" ?) at 85 kg (around 187).

post #31694 of 78722

3525

 

600

 

600

 

600

 

600

post #31695 of 78722
I think this is a rare miss, Victor. The sartorial equivalent of the classic American hairstyle known as the mullet: business up top, party down below.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III