Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2103post #31531 of 787226/21/12 at 4:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31532 of 787226/21/12 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by EvilTuna7
Alright guys, I think my first legitimately nice outfit is finally completed. I got my suit back from having a few alterations at Suitsupply, picked up some shoes, and bought a few pocket squares. Let me know what you think!
(excuse the tag still on the shirt, I'm debating whether I like the fit or not)
I like the jacket fit. To me, this is what waist position and button stance should look like. It's way too high on most RTW jackets which is kinda unflattering for most people... Sleeves seem to have just the right amount of fullness, too. There's very minor lapel bowing but it doesn't look bad.
Pants are a different story. They don't seem to be draping well, but that's amazingly difficult to get right on a RTW/online MTM garment, so it doesn't look that bad really.post #31533 of 787226/21/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
any vacancies, im always looking to save a few bucks.post #31534 of 787226/21/12 at 5:03pmpost #31535 of 787226/21/12 at 5:05pmpost #31536 of 787226/21/12 at 5:05pmpost #31537 of 787226/21/12 at 5:27pm
JCBD? Please start a thread with examples.
I picture a rotund man in a double breasted suit with gout eating chinese take out.
Perhaps "jolly" was a slight exaggeration but I think there's a world of difference between, for example, the austerity of a mid-grey suit/white BD shirt/black shoes/black knit tie and something frivolous like navy linen suit/pale blue shirt/macclesfield-esque tie/oxblood shoes. Both are conservative looks but the first is glum and the second cheerful.Quote:Originally Posted by ianGP
One of the rare times I tv-fold.... would it have been better with a puffed white silk square instead?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hmm, not feeling this, sorry.
I feel that there's a lot of conflict here that confuses the effect being projected. On a pure colour level, the jacket and trousers don't play nicely together and the tie is too dark for both. Texturally, the jacket looks chunky which "feels" heavy and warm (I realise it's an open weave; I'm talking about the perception I feel on seeing it), and the trousers also look a bit fuzzy-textured and therefore warm to the eye, but you're (I think) sockless which doesn't go with those textures. The square is both too formal and I don't think the colour works either.
The shirt/trouser/shoe (assuming you add some socks) combination is nice though IMO. Normally, I think your colour-choices play very nicely together, in quite a bright/exciting way, so forgive the lengthy feedback. It just seems a real change from your usual standard to me.Originally Posted by DerekSQuote:HF, solid fit as usual....one thing ill say...youre consistant. well done my friend!Originally Posted by Holdfast
Ah well, thank you Derek. I feel confident that I'll decide to wear something deliciously bizarre and controversial again very soon though, never fear!post #31538 of 787226/21/12 at 5:43pmQuote:
Sorry, I know this is your subjective opinion, but I am a graphic designer (freelance), and, as far as I can tell, it's, actually, a really harmonious colour set. I think, for ianGP to pick that out by eye is, almost, remarkable! I think this is one of your best colour harmonies yet, ianGP; I have found some of your older choices a bit garish!
See: colour wheel.
As for fabric choice, the smooth, matte of the trousers sits well with the chunkier weave of the SC, IMO.post #31539 of 787226/21/12 at 6:08pmGala Tux, not sure about the pant length, might be a touch long. Hard to tell by my stupid pose, but it was down to the wire and no time for last minute adjustments. I took sartorial license and did a vented jacket. Other than that I think I followed the rules relatively closely without being all nazi about it.post #31540 of 787226/21/12 at 6:14pm^ Looks likes there's excess material in the arms--but I can't tell 100%, because of arms raised--and, yes, the trousers need hemming an inch or more. Aside from that, it looks like a nice fit! I, especially, like the lapel width, button stance and bow-tie!
(I'm not, entirely, sure what that pulling in the chest is, but it may be harmless! )post #31541 of 787226/21/12 at 7:34pmpost #31542 of 787226/21/12 at 7:37pmpost #31543 of 787226/21/12 at 8:00pmpost #31544 of 787226/21/12 at 8:10pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Should a sport coat's pocket welt pattern align with that of the... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...