Clearly because it is the only reliable cure for a severe case of jaundice.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2103
Styleforum Top Picks
Alright guys, I think my first legitimately nice outfit is finally completed. I got my suit back from having a few alterations at Suitsupply, picked up some shoes, and bought a few pocket squares. Let me know what you think!
(excuse the tag still on the shirt, I'm debating whether I like the fit or not)
I like the jacket fit. To me, this is what waist position and button stance should look like. It's way too high on most RTW jackets which is kinda unflattering for most people... Sleeves seem to have just the right amount of fullness, too. There's very minor lapel bowing but it doesn't look bad.
Pants are a different story. They don't seem to be draping well, but that's amazingly difficult to get right on a RTW/online MTM garment, so it doesn't look that bad really.
any vacancies, im always looking to save a few bucks.
JCBD? Please start a thread with examples.
I picture a rotund man in a double breasted suit with gout eating chinese take out.
Perhaps "jolly" was a slight exaggeration but I think there's a world of difference between, for example, the austerity of a mid-grey suit/white BD shirt/black shoes/black knit tie and something frivolous like navy linen suit/pale blue shirt/macclesfield-esque tie/oxblood shoes. Both are conservative looks but the first is glum and the second cheerful.
One of the rare times I tv-fold.... would it have been better with a puffed white silk square instead?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hmm, not feeling this, sorry.
I feel that there's a lot of conflict here that confuses the effect being projected. On a pure colour level, the jacket and trousers don't play nicely together and the tie is too dark for both. Texturally, the jacket looks chunky which "feels" heavy and warm (I realise it's an open weave; I'm talking about the perception I feel on seeing it), and the trousers also look a bit fuzzy-textured and therefore warm to the eye, but you're (I think) sockless which doesn't go with those textures. The square is both too formal and I don't think the colour works either.
The shirt/trouser/shoe (assuming you add some socks) combination is nice though IMO. Normally, I think your colour-choices play very nicely together, in quite a bright/exciting way, so forgive the lengthy feedback. It just seems a real change from your usual standard to me.
Ah well, thank you Derek. I feel confident that I'll decide to wear something deliciously bizarre and controversial again very soon though, never fear!
Sorry, I know this is your subjective opinion, but I am a graphic designer (freelance), and, as far as I can tell, it's, actually, a really harmonious colour set. I think, for ianGP to pick that out by eye is, almost, remarkable! I think this is one of your best colour harmonies yet, ianGP; I have found some of your older choices a bit garish!
See: colour wheel.
As for fabric choice, the smooth, matte of the trousers sits well with the chunkier weave of the SC, IMO.
(I'm not, entirely, sure what that pulling in the chest is, but it may be harmless! )
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 33 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › The 2013 Styleforvm Christmas Beer-it-Forward Thread of Epicly... 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 5 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw