Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2103post #31531 of 787196/21/12 at 4:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31532 of 787196/21/12 at 4:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by EvilTuna7
Alright guys, I think my first legitimately nice outfit is finally completed. I got my suit back from having a few alterations at Suitsupply, picked up some shoes, and bought a few pocket squares. Let me know what you think!
(excuse the tag still on the shirt, I'm debating whether I like the fit or not)
I like the jacket fit. To me, this is what waist position and button stance should look like. It's way too high on most RTW jackets which is kinda unflattering for most people... Sleeves seem to have just the right amount of fullness, too. There's very minor lapel bowing but it doesn't look bad.
Pants are a different story. They don't seem to be draping well, but that's amazingly difficult to get right on a RTW/online MTM garment, so it doesn't look that bad really.post #31533 of 787196/21/12 at 4:50pmQuote:
any vacancies, im always looking to save a few bucks.post #31534 of 787196/21/12 at 5:03pmpost #31535 of 787196/21/12 at 5:05pmpost #31536 of 787196/21/12 at 5:05pmpost #31537 of 787196/21/12 at 5:27pm
JCBD? Please start a thread with examples.
I picture a rotund man in a double breasted suit with gout eating chinese take out.
Perhaps "jolly" was a slight exaggeration but I think there's a world of difference between, for example, the austerity of a mid-grey suit/white BD shirt/black shoes/black knit tie and something frivolous like navy linen suit/pale blue shirt/macclesfield-esque tie/oxblood shoes. Both are conservative looks but the first is glum and the second cheerful.Quote:Originally Posted by ianGP
One of the rare times I tv-fold.... would it have been better with a puffed white silk square instead?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hmm, not feeling this, sorry.
I feel that there's a lot of conflict here that confuses the effect being projected. On a pure colour level, the jacket and trousers don't play nicely together and the tie is too dark for both. Texturally, the jacket looks chunky which "feels" heavy and warm (I realise it's an open weave; I'm talking about the perception I feel on seeing it), and the trousers also look a bit fuzzy-textured and therefore warm to the eye, but you're (I think) sockless which doesn't go with those textures. The square is both too formal and I don't think the colour works either.
The shirt/trouser/shoe (assuming you add some socks) combination is nice though IMO. Normally, I think your colour-choices play very nicely together, in quite a bright/exciting way, so forgive the lengthy feedback. It just seems a real change from your usual standard to me.Originally Posted by DerekSQuote:HF, solid fit as usual....one thing ill say...youre consistant. well done my friend!Originally Posted by Holdfast
Ah well, thank you Derek. I feel confident that I'll decide to wear something deliciously bizarre and controversial again very soon though, never fear!post #31538 of 787196/21/12 at 5:43pmQuote:
Sorry, I know this is your subjective opinion, but I am a graphic designer (freelance), and, as far as I can tell, it's, actually, a really harmonious colour set. I think, for ianGP to pick that out by eye is, almost, remarkable! I think this is one of your best colour harmonies yet, ianGP; I have found some of your older choices a bit garish!
See: colour wheel.
As for fabric choice, the smooth, matte of the trousers sits well with the chunkier weave of the SC, IMO.post #31539 of 787196/21/12 at 6:08pmGala Tux, not sure about the pant length, might be a touch long. Hard to tell by my stupid pose, but it was down to the wire and no time for last minute adjustments. I took sartorial license and did a vented jacket. Other than that I think I followed the rules relatively closely without being all nazi about it.post #31540 of 787196/21/12 at 6:14pm^ Looks likes there's excess material in the arms--but I can't tell 100%, because of arms raised--and, yes, the trousers need hemming an inch or more. Aside from that, it looks like a nice fit! I, especially, like the lapel width, button stance and bow-tie!
(I'm not, entirely, sure what that pulling in the chest is, but it may be harmless! )post #31541 of 787196/21/12 at 7:34pmpost #31542 of 787196/21/12 at 7:37pmpost #31543 of 787196/21/12 at 8:00pmpost #31544 of 787196/21/12 at 8:10pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Shortening a trench coat 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 15 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?