Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2096post #31426 of 787176/20/12 at 11:22pmpost #31427 of 787176/20/12 at 11:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by southernstyle
I can't dig the shoes but everything else lead the way maestro.
This might be my last post before heading back to the drawing board, I have plans for more trouser with shorter rise and a small leg opening as well as a grey three piece suit.
If anything I post will be SF approved this is it. Featuring grey wool trouser with.... the dreaded slight break: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
night and day difference, just out of curiousity why are you so opposed to socks?post #31428 of 787176/20/12 at 11:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by fritzl
ok, there's still a lot of improvement for e.g. victor, whom you mentioned in your former statement, doing it well.
besides victor- sorry for picking him out, but he's exemplary for dressing well and not congruent with the wheels(shoes) - there are a few phenomens i monitored on sf, mostly exclusive to muricans, anyway.
-people tend to micromanage their clothes and think their choice of shoes can be let to groupthink.
-muricans are afraid of sizing. actually one size up is three millimeters in length or width. actually this can be all or nothing. get aware of it.
-considering that people have different foot shapes due dilligence is of advantage. this is a learning process. see micromanaging above.
no need to enhance the basic understanding of feet against shoes at this point.
taking victor as role model.
point of departure: small and wide feet.
he favors short and wide lasts. c&j and trickers caters him.
i assume fit is good. no creasing and other visible parameters.
where's the improvement?
imo and from a subjective point of view, the proband is building his wardrobe around his body(shape) with exceedingly carefulness to fit and appearance. on the other hand, the choice of shoes is a mixture of brand slavery and lack of attention, imo.
he walks in his shoes, not me.
he claims to be fussy with proportions, not me.
I do not agree!
My height is 182 cm, foot size 9 - 9,5 F (uk) or 9,5-10,5 D (E) (usa)
Also as an athlete, and quite massive. The size of the chest I have about 56, while the hoist about 46-48 size. Hips are also massive, roughly the size of 52-54.
If I wear long boots - it will look very ugly.
For my body fit a broad and massive shoes and a short and rounded toe.
If I wear long shoes, I would like a skier to ski.
I wear marks: C & J, Edward Green, John Lobb, Vass, Berluti, Trickers, Church's. And also a bit Cheany, Santoni, Fratelli Rosetti, Barker and others.
But I choose not only a broad and long model (What is a classic of the last century, 20-30)
In my park, about 100 pairs of shoes. But they are not long. I carefully study the range of all the shoe companies and choose only a shoe.
This is my choice - because it's a classic.
This is my choice - because it suits me for my complexion.
This is my choice - because long shoes - it's time error that has no relation to the classics.
This is my choice - because - it is correct.
One small example:
Everybody knows Arnold Schwarzenegger?
I am very far from it. He is more my size is 3 times! But in some ways similar to my figure to figure.
YOU can submit it in long boots?
That would be awful! (Cowboy boots do not take into account)
He always wears a massive, broad and short boots, because it makes him appear balanced.
For his torso - need solid foundation. Otherwise, get a giant in the glinyannymi feet.
So here goes:
I'm doing the same.
Edited by VictorSFreturn - 6/21/12 at 12:06ampost #31429 of 787176/21/12 at 12:06ampost #31430 of 787176/21/12 at 1:15ampost #31431 of 787176/21/12 at 2:04ampost #31432 of 787176/21/12 at 3:28ampost #31433 of 787176/21/12 at 3:34ampost #31434 of 787176/21/12 at 3:43ampost #31435 of 787176/21/12 at 4:21am
Hmm... Shirt itself is ok, sort of, a bit wide on the shoulder. sleeves a bit long (from what i can see) and also crinkling below and around the elbow. But the collar is really bad. Low, all soft and crinkly, the sides seem to be 'spreading' outwards across your shoulders instead of 'standing' nearly vertically. It looks as though the tie knot is sitting on the shirt front and the collar is 'rolling' over the top of of the knot.
The trousers, you would have to stand straight to see if there is much break below the cheeks, and the drape of the legs.
But I am sure there are other guys much more qualified than me to tell you what they think as well.post #31436 of 787176/21/12 at 5:11ampost #31437 of 787176/21/12 at 5:13am
I thought of using the word conservative, but it's not actually that specifically which I like/noticed. It's more that within a (fairly) conservative range, you're now picking outfits that add weight (not physically, more like gravitas). It's possible to dress perfectly conservatively and still look light-hearted and jolly. Your look opts for a more "stately" approach, which I think becomes you.
Light blue works perfectly fine IMO (though I think cream would still be more ideal). I thought they might be pale lilac, and that was what I was on the fence about.
Busy - in a good way - day...post #31438 of 787176/21/12 at 5:48amQuote:Quote:
Waited a couple few weeks, have we?post #31439 of 787176/21/12 at 5:54amQuote:
I think that his ass is nicely sized and that mangos are delicious. The back rise balance of the trousers is off, though, causing those wrinkles in the back.post #31440 of 787176/21/12 at 6:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 seconds ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › How to wear a sweater vest? 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › NWOT Ring Jacket Double Breasted Sport Coat 44 EU 34 US 6 minutes ago
- › What color socks with taupe-ish slacks? 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › Tailoring Shoulders of Sportjacket - Take in from the neck? 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...